OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 11:31:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The blessed Patriarchal Jubilee Celebrations at Damascus  (Read 576 times) Average Rating: 0
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« on: September 27, 2005, 03:59:32 AM »

The blessed Patriarchal Jubilee Celebrations at Damascus
By Fr. Dr. Biji Chirathilattu, Vicar,
St.Mary's Syrian Orthodox Parish,
Vienna

As I got into the Austrian Flight on 12.09.05 to go to Damascus, I did not have any idea that God was now flying me to one of the most blessed and beautiful celebrations I have ever attended in my life. Actually I was thinking at times why I should spend so much time and money with my limited income to go there just to attend the
celebrations! But on the return flight on 16.09.05 afternoon I exclaimed to myself "Wow! It was certainly God's plan that I should once again witness with my eyes the glory of the Syriac Orthodox Church, especially of its supreme Head Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka Iws I, The Patriarch of Antioch and all the East."

To read the Travelogue, please visit
http://www.socdigest.org/news/02sep05.html

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
Tags: Syriac Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: