Author Topic: Our job as orthodox Christians  (Read 272 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Our job as orthodox Christians
« on: September 12, 2017, 12:15:18 AM »
Our job as orthodox Christians is not to go about judging other Christians
I am not saying they don't need the church which has sacraments. But we shouldn't go about attacking them. It is okay to defend and advise the one who asks don't we say we should preach by actions not words ? It may not affect them as much as you wasting time spent in true service to the Lord but it looks bad to non Christians to attack each other. Thankfully only few people do this and encourage it. They are still guilty not to listen but and didn't make them perish but didn't help either so I think we may be judged you have to think about who you influence and make twice as much children of hell.
You see you can preach to both Protestants and non Christians only if they have ears to listen and sometimes you have to remind them there is a heaven and way to go to heaven so if they are interested to ask since we are salt of earth but to Protestants they may not be as receptive and stop wasting time with them and trying to embarass them.

Even you admit they may be saved so we have no right to judge them but we don't know if any of them will be saved. Preach where there is a hunger for the gospel and orthodoxy and feeling need for our truth. People don't tend to listen when judged
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:20:42 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Our job as orthodox Christians
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 12:44:46 AM »
Proverbs 9:1-2
1 Wisdom has built her house,
She has hewn out her seven pillars;
2 She has slaughtered her meat,
She has mixed her wine,
She has also furnished her table

What does it mean not to forbid Protestants from teaching in Christ name which jesus said  ? It means you can not go to the Protestant church leaders and fight with them and completely wish them to close down completely because others in public may benefit don't you think ? Orthodox only should not go but you can't make issues with the church they chose to go. The church let my sister marry a former catholic they said they can only advise not force. .Or what does the command mean ? You have to say we don't think your church is valid but we will let you preach because now everyone knows also what we preach. There is therefore some good from those who preach but not those set to attack church. I do not encourage being Protestant. But jesus did not want to stop their freedom of speech if it is for unbelievers. Atleast they teach about Christ and can come to faith and then they should be encouraged by orthodox to be orthodox. There are some unbelievers who were part of the church also.They should go to the church but some come to faith through Protestants.They were baptised in church but they never believed.If those unbelievers hear a Protestant it is good unless it is one which attacks the church. Jesus is teaching against wanting glory for the priests and not for the church. Jesus didn't come to make us kings on this earth as the disciples wanted.
Also about this I thought about it and conclude we should treat our pope like king but they are not to demand it from non Christians
He who honors you honors Me
We should encourage it I think but not demand it.
I don't think they do but some in congregation want to. Just as some people actually worship icons on wall and don't just use it as a guide to talk to God and meditation. They think the icon is speaking to them. I may be guilty myself

I don't judge Protestants but I am going to stop going to their services even though I only been a few times. I may not be in good standing with church and I have no pressure to go because of a marriage. Maybe they know better about the effect. But we should say we support your preaching but you should hear us also
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:56:37 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:00:11 AM »
Non Christians should show great respect to our pope but pope shouldn't let them influence him to do what they want in some matters supposing that could be a temptation
Our church leaders have never fought and interfered with other people denominations they always been respectful but some would either want to or people in church want to
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:04:36 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 01:09:11 AM »
Then again the first post is my dad opinion but jesus did want unity of believers to be orthodox but it must be respectful. We do want to win people to church I believe but we don't have to fight there has got to be a good way to influence Protestants to join church
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:10:33 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:48 PM »
Micah 6:8 I will shew thee, O man, what is good, and what the Lord requireth of thee: Verily, to do judgment, and to love mercy, and to walk solicitous with thy God.
My only weakness is, well, never mind