Author Topic: Orthodox Preppers  (Read 604 times)

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • No cocaine
  • Faith: Christian
Orthodox Preppers
« on: September 11, 2017, 01:28:23 AM »
What is the best way to store cigarettes? Anyone?

Does anyone else ever feel like these people who purchase 7-eleven franchises are the ultimate doomsday preppers?

Like I suppose that some of them are dutiful husbands or wives, but the majority of them are only in it for the windfall tobacco supply, imho. Anyone else?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:45:26 AM by mcarmichael »
To my shame, I may have been very drunk when I wrote this.

"Learn meditation." - Anonymous

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
Re: Orthodox Preppers
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:20:38 PM »
Dip them in wax to waterproof them.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline servulus

• Faith: Catechumen
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »

Does anyone else ever feel like these people who purchase 7-eleven franchises are the ultimate doomsday preppers?

Like I suppose that some of them are dutiful husbands or wives, but the majority of them are only in it for the windfall tobacco supply, imho. Anyone else?
Store them in the freezer.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 01:32:32 AM »

Put them in bushels of grain. I know that sounds crazy, but the logic of it is actually quite straight forward and intuit. You are aware, I assume, that ancient beasts like dinosaurs and flies and beetle-bugs got preserved in amber, such that they can be resurrected even today (provided the right scientists are involved)? And have you also heard of that American song which includes the line "amber waves of grain"? So what does that tell you, except that grain can cause waves of amber. Put it all together and: cigs in grain with be amberized mystically, thus preserving them for tens or hundreds of millions of years if need be. You want a second proof? Acceptable. Consider the ancient maxim, largely forgotten in these lowly times, 'like attracts like.' Now what could be more like tobacco than grain? Exactly. Nothing.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 02:47:18 AM »
Everytime you're finishing a pack, store one or two in a separate box and go buy more. When you need them the most, but can't buy extra packs, you'll still have many spare cigarettes.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 12:33:17 AM »

Put them in bushels of grain. I know that sounds crazy, but the logic of it is actually quite straight forward and intuit. You are aware, I assume, that ancient beasts like dinosaurs and flies and beetle-bugs got preserved in amber, such that they can be resurrected even today (provided the right scientists are involved)? And have you also heard of that American song which includes the line "amber waves of grain"? So what does that tell you, except that grain can cause waves of amber. Put it all together and: cigs in grain with be amberized mystically, thus preserving them for tens or hundreds of millions of years if need be. You want a second proof? Acceptable. Consider the ancient maxim, largely forgotten in these lowly times, 'like attracts like.' Now what could be more like tobacco than grain? Exactly. Nothing.

As Scott Alexander would say, the Kabbalistic implications are immense.

But seriously, your wit is one of the things I really missed about reading this board, *
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:33:46 AM by Volnutt »
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • No cocaine
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 05:53:21 PM »
How does everybody feel about cigars? too much work, maintaining a humidor, right?

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 07:57:53 PM »
Cigars are chock-full of vitamins.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 10:29:09 PM »
How does everybody feel about cigars? too much work, maintaining a humidor, right?

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 02:05:59 AM »
Some would argue that CP-ing a stock photo without paying (and hence getting free of the watermarks) is akin to theft, ya know.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • No cocaine
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 12:11:20 AM »
Some would argue that CP-ing a stock photo without paying (and hence getting free of the watermarks) is akin to theft, ya know.
Others would look at them askance, thinking "Who is this guy?" to themselves.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 12:20:02 AM »

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • No cocaine
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 12:26:11 AM »
I guess people in North America feel like beans are so utterly inexpensive that they may as well be free, so why stock-up, huh?

Because dry beans have got to be even better than cigarettes, because you could literally feed a whole family with one bag of beans. Except dry beans are so cheap that the thought has got to occur to you that there may not be a lot of demand for dry beans, and it may be a better idea to have and not want than vice-versa (to want and not have).

By the way, I know a guy who makes what I understand are some pretty good water filters, I think they fit in a 5-gallon bucket, or something like that. I'm going to try to procure one from him, and I'll follow-up here.

Thanks for your patience.