Author Topic: New hierarch issues new antimins?!?!?!  (Read 326 times)

Offline Elpidophoros

• Elder
New hierarch issues new antimins?!?!?!
« on: September 08, 2017, 11:58:49 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtvLcGC5cOo
I really do not understand this “άλλος μητροπολίτης άλλο αντιμήνσιον” phenomenon. First above all, such action seems to has no canonical basis in the church tradition.Secondly, this is not logical:since antimension is a substitute of an agia trapeza,if such action is necessary,why only atimension but not the whole agia trapeza be replaced?And this is also not practical——how these old antimensia should be treated?(In our parish a more than one hundred years old antimension still being used.)

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: New hierarch issues new antimins?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
What an interesting question in light of our recent discussion Mor.  I also found a photograph of HH Ignatius Aphrem II consecrating not one but three or four tablithoyeh for the new shrine that was consecrated last month, which was very interesting; did you hear about that?  If not Ill link you to it.  But it did seem to prove your point Mor; the antimension and the tablitho are cousins but do not serve precisely the same function with regards to ecclesiology.   But apparently an EO antimension can outlive a bishop, but is much less likely to than a tablitho.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Deacon Lance

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Byzantine Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 02:32:12 PM »
In my jurisdiction the old antimensia are returned, the relics removed and placed into the new antimensia, and the old antimensia are then burned or buried.
My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 09:17:34 PM »
In my jurisdiction the old antimensia are returned, the relics removed and placed into the new antimensia, and the old antimensia are then burned or buried.

What if there are delays getting the new antimensia to the parishes? 
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:03:09 PM »

The entire diocesan curia is marched out to a public square and summarily executed. 
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 10:35:16 PM »

The entire diocesan curia is marched out to a public square and summarily executed.

In a solemn auto da fe?  ;)   

I did actually LOL at that Mor; LOL usually is not used literally, but here I did actually do it.  Which is rare, of late due to grief et cetera I don't laugh enough.

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 10:38:32 PM »
I first read this as "New hierarch issues new animals"
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 11:33:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtvLcGC5cOo
I really do not understand this “άλλος μητροπολίτης άλλο αντιμήνσιον” phenomenon.
I really do not understand this Greek gibberish phenomenon.
First above all, such action seems to has no canonical basis in the church tradition.
It is connected with this denial of the ASRANA's bishops' status as bishops, the auxiliary nonsense that flared up a few years ago.
Secondly, this is not logical:since antimension is a substitute of an agia trapeza,
What, not άγια τράπεζα ?

if such action is necessary,why only atimension but not the whole agia trapeza be replaced?And this is also not practical——how these old antimensia should be treated?(In our parish a more than one hundred years old antimension still being used.)
IIRC you're in China and under the EP. As the Phanar was nowhere near there a century ago, how would you have such an antimens?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:34:41 PM by ialmisry »
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth