Author Topic: Antiochian WRV collects  (Read 363 times)

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
Antiochian WRV collects
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:15:46 AM »
Other than the annual Ordo published by St. Luke Priory, is there a publication somewhere that just lists the daily collects/readings for the Vicarate's use similar to the BCP?
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: Antiochian WRV collects
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 01:29:27 PM »
...alas the link was broken...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:37:26 PM by Alpha60 »
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 01:36:59 PM »
So thumbing through the SASB, specific services are outlined for specific days, like Ash Wednesday amd Palm Sunday, but beyond these "overrides", it appears the congregation would use the appointed propers (collects, epistles, gospels, and lessons for the Divine Office) from the 1928 BCP or the English Missal (a translation of the Tridentine Roman Missal into English from around 1915, preferred by traditional Anglo Catholics).  Your best bet is to call a priest and ask.

If you feel disinclined to do this I might just do it for you, as it looks like the basis for some interesting conversations, and report back what they tell me.

Are you interested purely in AWRV praxis, or also what ROCOR does?
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Agabus

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »
Mostly the AWRV.

I'm not opposed to ROCOR's efforts as such — I would attend one of their WRO parishes if it was closest to my home — but it's a lot easier to nail down what the AWRV is doing, and has been doing for years.

I have a copy of the rule of the Romualdian monks associated with ROCOR, but aside from that and some service .pdfs I downloaded from some site associated with the ROCOR WRO  a while back, I haven't found anything specific.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:50:01 PM by Agabus »
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

Offline Agabus

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 03:03:48 PM »
So thumbing through the SASB, specific services are outlined for specific days, like Ash Wednesday amd Palm Sunday, but beyond these "overrides", it appears the congregation would use the appointed propers (collects, epistles, gospels, and lessons for the Divine Office) from the 1928 BCP or the English Missal (a translation of the Tridentine Roman Missal into English from around 1915, preferred by traditional Anglo Catholics). 

Can any AWRV folks confirm this?

Offline Reader KevinAndrew

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:01:03 PM »
So thumbing through the SASB, specific services are outlined for specific days, like Ash Wednesday amd Palm Sunday, but beyond these "overrides", it appears the congregation would use the appointed propers (collects, epistles, gospels, and lessons for the Divine Office) from the 1928 BCP or the English Missal (a translation of the Tridentine Roman Missal into English from around 1915, preferred by traditional Anglo Catholics). 

Can any AWRV folks confirm this?

Just to let you know, there is an Orthodox Missal that are in most pews. It is approved by the Viacariate and is in the pews of our parishes. It's been a long time since I've seen a SASB, but if I recall correctly, it was never official and was in place prior to the Orthodox Missal being published. There are the propers for all of the Sundays and the major saints' days and feast days. If there is anything out side of that, they would be in the Altar Missal, which is the whole thing - containing Common of Saints, the different Requiem Masses, all of the services of Holy Week, etc.). There is not a pew missal which is that complete - sort of like the St. Joseph's Missal that traditional RC's use.