Author Topic: Drunkard refers to the unwise  (Read 78 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Drunkard refers to the unwise
« on: August 31, 2017, 10:10:51 PM »
I was recently thinking the meaning of drunkards shall not inherit the kingdom includes those who act like they are drunk by being repeatedly abusive because of foolishness. I am unfortunately guilty. It is about being unwise which drunk makes you unwise. I am not saying such people should be avoided because they don't mean to be abusive but they won't inherit the kingdom. The fool is known by his many words. Jesus never got deep with people who were not deep. He only spoke to those who have ears to hear which is why He said he who has ears to hear let him hear and He spoke in parables. He didn't avoid talking about God to the crowd though and entered synagogues but He did not talk too much to those not willing to hear but He didn't hide Himself either. He said you can not endure any of my words because you are not of God. We are not jesus we can't talk to a multitude in a sense but privately we can talk to any but not too much. Some can't handle any word of God. That is their problem not ours

Isaiah 29:9-10
9 Pause and wonder!
Blind yourselves and be blind!
They are drunk, but not with wine;
They stagger, but not with intoxicating drink.
10 For the Lord has poured out on you
The spirit of deep sleep,
And has closed your eyes, namely, the prophets;
And He has covered your heads, namely, the seers.

Here is a more relevant passage to my point by St Basil

"Do not ‘fast for strife and debate.’ You do not devour flesh, but you devour your brother. You abstain from wine, but you indulge in outrages. You wait for evening before you take food, but you spend the day in the law courts. Woe to those who are ‘drunken, but not with wine.’ Anger is the intoxication of the soul, and makes it out of its wits like wine." — St. Basil the Great
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:13:15 PM by mikeforjesus »