Author Topic: Dreams about God.  (Read 1668 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Dreams about God.
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:34:21 AM »
When I was a child I used to fear the end times.
I had a dream that gave me peace where jesus in the picture below was in the sky and said do not be afraid
I don't think I remember hearing do not be afraid before and it is in the bible
Why God allows a child to have such a dream ? But it don't mean I am definitely saved but that I don't need to fear. I think jesus meant He does not want to punish me the events happen because of our sins

Also when I was crippled with fear of hell in university I couldn't study I lay my head down in a public library and had a small dream where jesus said do not be afraid ask for My Mother intercession who you love

These dreams probably come from my imagination because whatever idea I want to accept to give me comfort comes in a dream and sometimes I have had fearful dreams where I was sent to hell but the others that I mentioned felt more special

When I was distressed I had a dream of pope kyrillos saying you will get better but I felt no offense it was a demon dressed up as him

I can not say any such dreams are from God unless they reveal information that I can prove when I wake up like to know it is from Me when you wake up in the basement you will find an item mentioned in the dream
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:40:17 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Dreams about God.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »
I didn't want to reveal any of these dreams all this time but the conflict remains in me I thought these dreams may be deceiving me to make me not struggle and that I will hope in them too much unless revealed to others and so I thought if I don't reveal I am insincere to the world and maybe even hiding God care for me and therefore not glorifying Him before the world as someone who cares for us because I don't know who is behind these dreams but it may have to be shared
Dreams from God aren't meant to make me puffed up not even St. Paul knew he was saved though he had many visions. They are supposed to give hope but also encourage the person to struggle
So I thought also to reveal it so people who have dreams don't think themselves unique

Online augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »
"What is divinity if it can come
Only in silent shadows and in dreams?"
"I saw a miracle where 2 people entered church one by baptism and one by chrismation. On pictures the one received by full baptism was shinning in light the one by chrismation no."

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:39:29 PM »
Truly existent divinity came in flesh
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
Such dreams are truly not from God if it causes one not to take his sins seriously and seek the bible daily as proverbs says

Proverbs 8:32-36
32 “Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord;
36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.”

Verses 34-36 are most important
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:08:40 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 07:13:49 PM »
When I was distressed I had a dream of pope kyrillos

I meant depressed why does my brain write wrong things ? I don't think it is the autocorrect on my iPhone

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 07:30:22 PM »
I want this thread deleted it only got 109 views thankfully many don't need to hear this it might make them continue in their sins because they think God is easy but unfair. If you have a good reason to keep it I will accept but I want to hear it. I saved it in my email
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:38:51 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 07:42:32 PM »
But those people that make up the 109 views are precious.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:42:50 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:15 PM »
I think you can rest easy--no one is going to sin or not sin more based on reading this thread :)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 07:49:56 PM »
+1

That's a good enough reason for me.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 11:51:34 PM »
I think you can rest easy--no one is going to sin or not sin more based on reading this thread :)

+1

That's a good enough reason for me.

Thanks but how do you'se know this ? Maybe not those who never let others stop their growth but what about those without relationship with God as paul says unstable people who twist things to their own destruction. If no one will not sin if that means this post has no benefit I think it can be deleted but I suppose it may benefit me if people explain the dreams come from myself so I have to keep striving
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:56:16 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 12:03:32 AM »
Mike,

You are the one who benefits the most from your own research and meditation.

As long as there's no threat to life, there's no good reason for oc.net to remove these posts.

And trust in Christ.  Multiple times the Scripture indeed does say "do not be afraid."  Contemplate on what that means, and how it's connected to the hope and compassion Christ has for your well-being, even when you have done mistakes.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 12:16:09 AM »
Mike,

You are the one who benefits the most from your own research and meditation.

As long as there's no threat to life, there's no good reason for oc.net to remove these posts.

And trust in Christ.  Multiple times the Scripture indeed does say "do not be afraid."  Contemplate on what that means, and how it's connected to the hope and compassion Christ has for your well-being, even when you have done mistakes.

Thankyou very much Mina :) you are very kind

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 12:17:22 AM »
I let stupid people make me sin even those in the church because they try to make sure I am never happy by warning others about me. If they didn't do this I may repent and people could have proper fellowship to make us repent and I wouldn't post this but people fear offending them. Even if it is not them it is the devil who makes them not understand their behaviour will offend me and it is the devil that makes me offended. He wants through these offenses and posts many to go to hell. That is what it is likely to be unless we decide we will not let anything seperate us from love of God and trust. God wants to test us to see if we will maintain trust in Him as good so he may know who wants to be with Him. Even if many go to hell because of me God still wants to save me I was never responsible I could just help and I think or hope maybe no one who I could have saved will perish though maybe less reward  if I repent but if I don't many will end up in hell because of me. But I don't know if my repentance benefits any but me because God won't let any die without their chances and it benefits the living who may all end up in hell if I don't repent but it still might benefit all
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:26:43 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 06:34:51 AM »
Psalm 40:9-10 shows maybe it is good I revealed if it is relevant but I am a bit boastful. I wish I could feel comfortable not to share some details but I thought I had to be honest to be objective or is it subjective ?  so truth can be revealed before all by others

Verses 11-15 show what happens if you don't want to be with God (those who love your salvation are those who want to be with God) and only fear but never love to be with God not just want to be in heaven evil can swallow you up

Finally verses 16-17 show that all who truly love God will never fall away so jesus said I lose none of my own and so He is the the saviour of the world. Those who are of God receive His words which keep them so they abide in Him

Psalm 40:9-17
9 I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness
In the great assembly;
Indeed, I do not restrain my lips,
O Lord, You Yourself know.
10 I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart;
I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth
From the great assembly.

11 Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord;
Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.
12 For innumerable evils have surrounded me;
My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of my head;
Therefore my heart fails me.
13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me;
O Lord, make haste to help me!
14 Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion
Who seek to destroy my life;
15 Let them be driven backward and brought to dishonor
Who wish me evil.
Let them be confounded because of their shame,
Who say to me, “Aha, aha!”

16 Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
Let such as love Your salvation say continually,
“The Lord be magnified!”
17 But I am poor and needy;
Yet the Lord thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Do not delay, O my God.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:40:31 AM by mikeforjesus »

Online LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint Nicholas II, Pray for Us!
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: None, unfortunately. Hopefully soon.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »

You can apply similar logic to our own existence - how can we know we exist if it's only based on mental stimuli?

What if me typing this response to you is a long dream from me being in a coma? How do we know the past happened at all?

Faith?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:45:12 PM by LivenotoneviL »
Jesus:you are the reincarnation of Elijah you can trust me I'm jesus!

LivenotoneviL: yeah right get behind me satan

Exposed demon: oh no my cover is blown!

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church. And may God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of Christ.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 07:32:37 AM »
Pope Shenouda answered this when he came to sydney at the youth meeting. I believe my dreams were to tell me not to be a coward like in revelations but believe by abiding in God I can be fearless and God would like me to be a martyr to show the power of God to others. Otherwise I did not fulfill my calling of the dream but am rather like balaam who loved the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIFdnMGisOQ

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 07:57:35 AM »
I am happy to be a martyr if I am able but as Paul says it is more needful perhaps for me to remain. Maybe if
I may not be able to be one now so I am divinely protected by God if I don't act in unchristian ways casting pearls before those who don't want it and I am repenting. Jesus said to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
I am happy to be a martyr if it will benefit people but if it will not I think it is God will for me to remain.
I may not deny christ but I won't die glorifying God because I will probably die cursing
I think if I am martyred and have not love it profits me nothing that is if I die cursing or do not benefit others at all but I think some will be saved even if they curse if they do not deny christ if they repented so benefit others
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:08:46 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 08:53:47 AM »

You can apply similar logic to our own existence - how can we know we exist if it's only based on mental stimuli?

What if me typing this response to you is a long dream from me being in a coma? How do we know the past happened at all?

Faith?

Relax. It's just Augustin trying to be an atheist gadfly.

Anyway, the point of the Wallace Stevens quote, as I understand it, is that a God who gives no miracles or other tangible proofs of His existence might as well be no God at all. A devastating critique to a Spong or a Marcus Borg, perhaps, but doesn't necessarily apply to Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:55:21 AM by Volnutt »
On an extended hiatus from this site. Please pray for me and my family.

I'm sorry to any that my posts might offend.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 02:01:03 AM »
It is as said in a spiritual song come take your cross and follow Me fear not I am with you

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 04:35:59 AM »
Yep, he'll take care of you :)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
Thankyou Volnutt :)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:58 PM »
You're welcome :)

Online LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 12:19:32 AM »
I don't know if it's your imagination, a demonic delusion, or from God - but either way, considering that there is nothing surprising in there, you can't rule out the lattermost.

Although I have had a couple of spiritual experiences (I'm unsure if they were demonic or from God, but either way, they weren't of [perceived] necessity and I hope they don't impede my decision making process), and at times I've felt like God has talked directly to me through people that I know, only one dream relating to Christian themes I distinctly remember having (although I seriously chalk it up to the imagination of my subconscious) was pretty much me witnessing the Virgin Mary telling Rachel Scott how she was going to be killed. The only thing that was weird was that she appeared as she does in typical Catholic artwork with blue and white, and at this point that image of the Theotokos left my mind - whenever I heard her name, the image that immediately pops up is that of the typical red and blue Byzantine iconography of her head fully covered.

Something like this:

Rather than this:

My mom also had another weird dream about the Virgin Mary while she was pregnant with me - she was in the car driving with her relatives, and the car scene disappeared and everything went white, with the Virgin Mary in front of her beckoning her. She thought she was going to die, fearful for her life, but - as far as I can perceive - it was probably nothing and just her imagination.

The only other thing I consider strange relates to my grandfather who passed away when I was in high school - years ago, I had a dream all of my grandparents and my family was at Cedar Point, and we went into this old wooden house, and it started collapsing, and everyone got out except my grandfather, who to this day is the only one of my grandparents to die. I also had a dream where he "visited me" and gave me advice about preparing for college.

Imagination? Superstition? Demonic Delusion? From God? Who knows. As long as it doesn't both command anything specific and demonstrates for a fact that it is from God, just continue to strive to live a Christian life - because these dreams shouldn't change that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:24:59 AM by LivenotoneviL »

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church. And may God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of Christ.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 12:46:44 AM »
My mom also had another weird dream about the Virgin Mary while she was pregnant with me - she was in the car driving with her relatives, and the car scene disappeared and everything went white, with the Virgin Mary in front of her beckoning her. She thought she was going to die, fearful for her life, but - as far as I can perceive - it was probably nothing and just her imagination.

Yeah, I had a dream like that too, actually. My dad and I were driving along a rough country road at night in a Jeep and this weird, haunting song started playing in the air. Then Jesus (in the generic Protestant version of His appearance) suddenly appeared in front of us (I seem to recall He popped up from the ground like a stage prop, actually) and made us crash because the Jeep sort of "bounced off Him" (either that or my dad just turned really quickly to avoid Him) and went flying. I don't think we got hurt, though, but I woke up in a cold sweat.

I don't put stock in dreams, except as the occasional fodder for fiction writing. If I miss something from God, He won't be offended. I think He'd rather we be cautious about this sort of thing so as to avoid delusion. I seem to recall one of the Church Fathers saying something similar.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:47:10 AM by Volnutt »

Online LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 12:48:35 AM »

Yeah, I had a dream like that too, actually. My dad and I were driving along a rough country road at night in a Jeep and this weird, haunting song started playing in the air. Then Jesus (in the generic Protestant version of His appearance) suddenly appeared in front of us (I seem to recall He popped up from the ground like a stage prop, actually) and made us crash because the Jeep sort of "bounced off Him" (either that or my dad just turned really quickly to avoid Him) and went flying. I don't think we got hurt, though, but I woke up in a cold sweat.

I don't put stock in dreams, except as the occasional fodder for fiction writing. If I miss something from God, He won't be offended. I think He'd rather we be cautious about this sort of thing so as to avoid delusion. I seem to recall one of the Church Fathers saying something similar.

+1

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 06:05:09 AM »
My mum said she had apparition of Jesus when she gave birth to me also. It is a common thing in our church I think. Could be from the severe stress. My only hallucination is I once saw the chef from south park very big. Because I have the chef from south park as a puppet. I had sleep paralysis when I saw him or halfway paralysed. I was half asleep and he was in the room with me.

But my dream about jesus filled me with peace as soon as I needed it. It seemed God acted quickly on my fear when I was going to be an extremist from people words trying to scare me but He interrupted me telling me not to be afraid . Right now the medicine I am on makes me sleep alot. So I dream alot but none of them seem supernatural yet. I have had a dream in the past about churches that look so good no one can draw. I was flying above and in the churches. And it was so detailed I saw many things inside the churches.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:15:30 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 06:21:50 AM »
The other thing I want to say is why the two dreams I had as a child and in the library which seemed supernatural were so short even though they have no proof because that which God wants me to know are from Him would have proof by confirmation when I wake up

God does not expect people to believe me I wonder if I should have even shared it I felt accountable if I keep it secret though I know some dreams the church says to keep it to yourself because they are mostly false because when Moses had an encounter with God he said what if they don't believe and God gave him evidence to give people one being his hand being leprous as he puts it in his stomach and not leprous when he puts it out. And the signs would not stop there to make the people believe
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:29:59 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 06:33:32 AM »
I have had a dream in the past about churches that look so good no one can draw.

Actually they could draw it was not the heavenly jerusalem but I could not draw it and it would have to be a very good artist.

It seemed God acted quickly on my fear when I was going to be an extremist from people words trying to scare me but He interrupted me telling me not to be afraid .

Nothing wrong with being an extremist working out your salvation but to follow God you should have a sign that God could ever choose you and there is hope not that you would not have to overcome and walk through the narrow gate
and if you feel God does not care about you at all you might be overly righteous in some manner that is bad for you or others
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:39:57 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2017, 09:03:59 AM »
Beware of dreams and visions...many want to see christ or a miracle
My dream is probably a false vision allowed from God to those who are not close to Him. I wasn't that close as a child. And it is even written satan transforms himself into a minister of light. I saw no cross in my dream and no proof.

Matthew 24:23-26
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

Once a brother asked saint Pachomius, the father of communal monasterial life, saying: "Tell us about a vision from the visions which you see, so that we may profit by it."

The saint replied: "Those who are like me, a sinner, are not given visions. But if you want to see a brilliant vision from which you can truly profit, I shall guide you to it. If you see a humble man with a pure heart, that would be greater than all the visions; because through that vision, you would see the invisible God. Do not ask for a better vision." (That is, he means that he sees the image of God in that man.)

read more on false humility here
http://web.archive.org/web/20130307210135/http://www.coptichymns.net:80/module-library-viewpub-tid-1-pid-609.html

If that is what humility is I feel I will allow people to stop me from fulfilling my convictions if they condemn me for my convictions but I agree. I may not be able to fulfill it for I may be proud first and then humble
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:18:06 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2017, 09:39:13 AM »
If it was a false dream as I now think it is it is because the Lord does not give us any temptation beyond we can bear. He knew I could recognise it. Perhaps because many other people I know have pride and are foolish to believe in many dreams and have pride and the Lord wants me to relate to them

It is not from God if it causes one not to be humble as Paul was caught to the third heaven but that did not stop His striving and fear of being disqualified

The devil appears as angel of light so he can say as God would say do not be afraid but I think it could be from God but thoughts of pride from the devil
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:50:26 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 06:56:42 AM »
I explained this to my father without knowing St John Climacus said this. To explain the devil is fighting me in other people but he thinks I shouldn't think that and is why I see a psychiatrist. I am going to explain this to him.

St. John of the Ladder emphasises that shameful and unclean thoughts in the heart come from the deceiving demon of the heart (405). The cunning of the demons in this warfare is great, and only the saints whose nous is pure and who have the gift of insight can distinguish it. Thus St. John of the Ladder writes that he once noticed the demon of vainglory doing a double piece of work. In one brother he sowed thoughts of vainglory, and at the same moment he revealed those thoughts to another brother so that he would be praised as a thought-reader and thus fall into the sin and passion of vainglory (406). Therefore the devil's warfare against us by means of thoughts is harder than that waged by means of material things (407).

sources
http://orthodoxchristian.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/cause-of-evil-thoughts.html

This is from the book practical spirituality by Fr Athanasius Iskander

False Revelation, Visions, Dreams:
In order to confirm you in your delusion, the devil can sometimes make
you “know things” before they happen! , or know the thoughts of people!
How can the devil do this? Very easy! He knows that your grandmother in
Egypt is dying, so he puts the thought in your mind. You call Egypt and they
tell you indeed that she is very ill. If you believe this, he will keep on telling you
things in order to convince you that God is favouring you by these revelations,
and fill you with the deadly sins of pride and self righteousness.
John Climacus tells us that the devil can implant a thought in someone’s
mind and reveal it to another to give him the illusion that he can read people’s
minds! Where do you think all those “Psychics” get their knowledge? From the
devil. Actually most “Psychics” are really people possessed by demons.
Three monks were having “revelations” and they were arguing among
themselves whether these revelations are from God or from the devil. They
decided to go to Saint Antony the Great to ask him about these. While on the
way to Saint Antony, the donkey they had with them died. They resumed their
journey and when they reached Saint Antony, he told them, “Too bad that your
donkey died!” They asked him, “How did you know about the donkey?” He
told them, “The devil told me!” They told him, “You answered our question
before we asked you.”
Some people have visions of saints or angels. One has to be very careful
before accepting these, because the devil can imitate these in order to ruin your
spiritual life. The history of the desert Fathers is filled with horror stories about
people who accepted these visions without discerning whether they are from
God or from the devil.
One of these stories is the story of Heron, a monk that spent 50 years in
ascetism and was brought to ruin by a false angel that appeared to him for a long
time. He stopped going to church, and refused the advice of the other monks,
who advised him to tell the Abbot about this. In the end the “angel” convinced
him that he was going to be taken alive to heaven like Elijah. The poor man
went to say goodbye to his fellow monks, who tried in vain to convince him that
this is the devil, but he would not listen. The “angel” took him to a mountain
and convinced him to jump, and of course he fell to his death. The Abbot would
not allow the psalms to be chanted for him. He considered him as one who
committed suicide.
Another “angel” appeared to another monk for three years. The cell in
which he lived was shining with the light of the “angel”, so that he did not need
to light any candles! After three years, the “angel” gave him a vision of “Paradise”
showing him the Jews sitting in the bosom of Abraham, while the Christians
were being tortured in Hades, He left Christianity and became a Jew.
There were wiser monks though. To one “Gabriel” appeared with a
message from God! He told him, “You must have come to the wrong cell, for I
am a sinner unworthy of revelations, but the monk next door is a saintly man.”
“Gabriel” disappeared in smoke! To another monk “The Lord” appeared and
told him to worship him, but he said, “I don’t want to see the Lord on earth, I
want to see him in heaven.” Again, the false “Lord” disappeared in smoke.
Now these are things that happened to monks centuries ago, but the devil
is still using the same techniques even today, with great success. Many years ago,
I noticed that one of the servants has stopped coming to church and having
communion for a long time and I decided to visit him and ask him about the
reason for this. He simply told me,
“Pope Kyrillos appears to me every Sunday and gives me communion!”
Another servant from out of town, told me that something was bothering his
conscience. Since I was not his Father in confession, I advised him to confess to
his own Father in confession. The next morning he called to tell me that “Pope
Kyrillos” came to him in a dream, asked him to confess, then gave him the
absolution. He asked me if this is good enough, but I told him, I still suggest
very strongly, that you go and confess to your Father in confession, and tell him
about this dream.
There are true apparitions, but there are also false apparitions, in the same
way that there is real money and there is counterfeit money. And the proper way
to handle revelations, apparitions and dreams, is to consult with your Father in
confession.
A spiritual person will always deem him/herself unworthy of these
revelations. Dreams are totally under the control of the devil. God spoke to
certain people through dreams, but these can be counted on the fingers and they
were saints and prophets, not sinners like us. We should not give much weight
to dreams. Saint Antony once said, “He who believes in dreams is the toy of the
demons.”

Also this person from a website says that also but he may be trying to keep people like me mentally sick

https://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/do-people-hate-you-on-sight/

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2018, 09:04:45 AM »
Revelation 16:13-14  (NKJV)
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and[a] of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

2 Peter 2:1-3  (NKJV)
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

Matthew 24:24-25(NKJV)
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

So devils can do miracles also as also said by Fr Athanasius Iskander. So how do we differentiate God's miracles from the devils?

I don't know but the Lord will not allow the devil to perform a miracle on a God fearing person I think if they are honestly seeking to please God unless they have the choice to be tested and test the person who wants to do the miracle by answering the miracle performer or bringer humbly.

Mostly saintly visions could be given to self righteous people to confirm them in their delusion or as a punishment for their pride. Some people can actually not see they are doing any sin but they despise certain people. The devil appears as a saint so they can perish for this fault and in the judgement day they will say you appeared to me as a saint and I was holy but Jesus will say I never knew them and they are workers of iniquity because there are many sins they are blind to.

There are sayings in paradise of the fathers.

This is proved by Fr Athanasius Iskander writing in the book practical spiritually one person reported that pope kyrillos appeared to him giving him communion but he used it as an excuse not to see a priest for confession. He became proud.And he broke a commandments even if he was blind to himself breaking a commandment.
If one is actually communicating with them it is better to be humble for they disappear from humility.

I was not answering the below question from above I still want it answered

So devils can do miracles also as also said by Fr Athanasius Iskander. So how do we differentiate God's miracles from the devils?

David the prophet said he who has a haughty spirit I will not endure.. I think because that is against the spreading of the gospel of Jesus. The rich and spiritually well must thank God for giving it to them and not despise other sinners.

Now if such people are sincere and not trying to harm people though they are wrong I think God will save them but will have less reward because they are harming others to come to God if they don't repent of it. If they repent maybe they will suffer no loss and hopefully they will not let others perish from them if they repent. They are not responsible. I don't know if they are harmed still. The same for the heretic. But I feel I have to condemn the heretic according to the below otherwise I am not showing concern for those who are being deceived by them but I feel if they are not doing so willingly to make others perish I should not let them despair which is against the gospel of the Lord Jesus to all sinners. Must I separate from heretics? The gospel is also good news to them if they repent. I guess it is enough to say they will not have more patience from God than what God wishes to give to them according to His wisdom and also I think it is fair to judge them even if they repent to have a little reward in heaven if they are responsible for people perishing but God knows if they are responsible or not. Is such belief sufficient or must I separate from them according to this verse and not be friendly or is that only to the ungodly who intend evil and live evil and deny the divinity of God?

2 John 10-12 (NKJV)
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Offline Nathanael

• Elder
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2018, 09:36:00 AM »
Metropolitan Hierotheos of Nafpaktos wrote some very good things about dreams: https://thoughtsintrusive.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/dreams/
Wisdom from Elder Seraphim - All our troubles come from...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6eL2pwtVKs

The Goal of an Orthodox Monk: 'Incarnation of Love':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZishdSrYWM

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2018, 10:33:17 AM »
Metropolitan Hierotheos of Nafpaktos wrote some very good things about dreams: https://thoughtsintrusive.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/dreams/

Thankyou. Having read it now it sounds reliable :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:33:33 AM by mikeforjesus »