Author Topic: Dreams about God.  (Read 644 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Dreams about God.
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:34:21 AM »
When I was a child I used to fear the end times.
I had a dream that gave me peace where jesus in the picture below was in the sky and said do not be afraid
I don't think I remember hearing do not be afraid before and it is in the bible
Why God allows a child to have such a dream ? But it don't mean I am definitely saved but that I don't need to fear. I think jesus meant He does not want to punish me the events happen because of our sins

Also when I was crippled with fear of hell in university I couldn't study I lay my head down in a public library and had a small dream where jesus said do not be afraid ask for My Mother intercession who you love

These dreams probably come from my imagination because whatever idea I want to accept to give me comfort comes in a dream and sometimes I have had fearful dreams where I was sent to hell but the others that I mentioned felt more special

When I was distressed I had a dream of pope kyrillos saying you will get better but I felt no offense it was a demon dressed up as him

I can not say any such dreams are from God unless they reveal information that I can prove when I wake up like to know it is from Me when you wake up in the basement you will find an item mentioned in the dream
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:40:17 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Dreams about God.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »
I didn't want to reveal any of these dreams all this time but the conflict remains in me I thought these dreams may be deceiving me to make me not struggle and that I will hope in them too much unless revealed to others and so I thought if I don't reveal I am insincere to the world and maybe even hiding God care for me and therefore not glorifying Him before the world as someone who cares for us because I don't know who is behind these dreams but it may have to be shared
Dreams from God aren't meant to make me puffed up not even St. Paul knew he was saved though he had many visions. They are supposed to give hope but also encourage the person to struggle
So I thought also to reveal it so people who have dreams don't think themselves unique

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »
"What is divinity if it can come
Only in silent shadows and in dreams?"
She hears, upon that water without sound,
A voice that cries, “The tomb in Palestine
Is not the porch of spirits lingering.
It is the grave of Jesus, where he lay.”
We live in an old chaos of the sun,
Or old dependency of day and night,
Or island solitude, unsponsored, free,
Of that wide water, inescapable.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:39:29 PM »
Truly existent divinity came in flesh
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
Such dreams are truly not from God if it causes one not to take his sins seriously and seek the bible daily as proverbs says

Proverbs 8:32-36
32 “Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord;
36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.”

Verses 34-36 are most important
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:08:40 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 07:13:49 PM »
When I was distressed I had a dream of pope kyrillos

I meant depressed why does my brain write wrong things ? I don't think it is the autocorrect on my iPhone

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 07:30:22 PM »
I want this thread deleted it only got 109 views thankfully many don't need to hear this it might make them continue in their sins because they think God is easy but unfair. If you have a good reason to keep it I will accept but I want to hear it. I saved it in my email
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:38:51 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 07:42:32 PM »
But those people that make up the 109 views are precious.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:42:50 PM by mikeforjesus »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:15 PM »
I think you can rest easy--no one is going to sin or not sin more based on reading this thread :)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 07:49:56 PM »
+1

That's a good enough reason for me.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 11:51:34 PM »
I think you can rest easy--no one is going to sin or not sin more based on reading this thread :)

+1

That's a good enough reason for me.

Thanks but how do you'se know this ? Maybe not those who never let others stop their growth but what about those without relationship with God as paul says unstable people who twist things to their own destruction. If no one will not sin if that means this post has no benefit I think it can be deleted but I suppose it may benefit me if people explain the dreams come from myself so I have to keep striving
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:56:16 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 12:03:32 AM »
Mike,

You are the one who benefits the most from your own research and meditation.

As long as there's no threat to life, there's no good reason for oc.net to remove these posts.

And trust in Christ.  Multiple times the Scripture indeed does say "do not be afraid."  Contemplate on what that means, and how it's connected to the hope and compassion Christ has for your well-being, even when you have done mistakes.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 12:16:09 AM »
Mike,

You are the one who benefits the most from your own research and meditation.

As long as there's no threat to life, there's no good reason for oc.net to remove these posts.

And trust in Christ.  Multiple times the Scripture indeed does say "do not be afraid."  Contemplate on what that means, and how it's connected to the hope and compassion Christ has for your well-being, even when you have done mistakes.

Thankyou very much Mina :) you are very kind

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 12:17:22 AM »
I let stupid people make me sin even those in the church because they try to make sure I am never happy by warning others about me. If they didn't do this I may repent and people could have proper fellowship to make us repent and I wouldn't post this but people fear offending them. Even if it is not them it is the devil who makes them not understand their behaviour will offend me and it is the devil that makes me offended. He wants through these offenses and posts many to go to hell. That is what it is likely to be unless we decide we will not let anything seperate us from love of God and trust. God wants to test us to see if we will maintain trust in Him as good so he may know who wants to be with Him. Even if many go to hell because of me God still wants to save me I was never responsible I could just help and I think or hope maybe no one who I could have saved will perish though maybe less reward  if I repent but if I don't many will end up in hell because of me. But I don't know if my repentance benefits any but me because God won't let any die without their chances and it benefits the living who may all end up in hell if I don't repent but it still might benefit all
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:26:43 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 06:34:51 AM »
Psalm 40:9-10 shows maybe it is good I revealed if it is relevant but I am a bit boastful. I wish I could feel comfortable not to share some details but I thought I had to be honest to be objective or is it subjective ?  so truth can be revealed before all by others

Verses 11-15 show what happens if you don't want to be with God (those who love your salvation are those who want to be with God) and only fear but never love to be with God not just want to be in heaven evil can swallow you up

Finally verses 16-17 show that all who truly love God will never fall away so jesus said I lose none of my own and so He is the the saviour of the world. Those who are of God receive His words which keep them so they abide in Him

Psalm 40:9-17
9 I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness
In the great assembly;
Indeed, I do not restrain my lips,
O Lord, You Yourself know.
10 I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart;
I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth
From the great assembly.

11 Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord;
Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.
12 For innumerable evils have surrounded me;
My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of my head;
Therefore my heart fails me.
13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me;
O Lord, make haste to help me!
14 Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion
Who seek to destroy my life;
15 Let them be driven backward and brought to dishonor
Who wish me evil.
Let them be confounded because of their shame,
Who say to me, “Aha, aha!”

16 Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
Let such as love Your salvation say continually,
“The Lord be magnified!”
17 But I am poor and needy;
Yet the Lord thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Do not delay, O my God.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:40:31 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline LivenotoneviL

• Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Not even a Catechumen
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »

You can apply similar logic to our own existence - how can we know we exist if it's only based on mental stimuli?

What if me typing this response to you is a long dream from me being in a coma? How do we know the past happened at all?

Faith?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:45:12 PM by LivenotoneviL »
"Our wickedness shall not overpower the unspeakable goodness and mercy of God; our dullness shall not overpower God's wisdom, nor our infirmity God's omnipotence."
-Saint John of Kronstadt

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 07:32:37 AM »
Pope Shenouda answered this when he came to sydney at the youth meeting. I believe my dreams were to tell me not to be a coward like in revelations but believe by abiding in God I can be fearless and God would like me to be a martyr to show the power of God to others. Otherwise I did not fulfill my calling of the dream but am rather like balaam who loved the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIFdnMGisOQ

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 07:57:35 AM »
I am happy to be a martyr if I am able but as Paul says it is more needful perhaps for me to remain. Maybe if
I may not be able to be one now so I am divinely protected by God if I don't act in unchristian ways casting pearls before those who don't want it and I am repenting. Jesus said to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
I am happy to be a martyr if it will benefit people but if it will not I think it is God will for me to remain.
I may not deny christ but I won't die glorifying God because I will probably die cursing
I think if I am martyred and have not love it profits me nothing that is if I die cursing or do not benefit others at all but I think some will be saved even if they curse if they do not deny christ if they repented so benefit others
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:08:46 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 08:53:47 AM »

You can apply similar logic to our own existence - how can we know we exist if it's only based on mental stimuli?

What if me typing this response to you is a long dream from me being in a coma? How do we know the past happened at all?

Faith?

Relax. It's just Augustin trying to be an atheist gadfly.

Anyway, the point of the Wallace Stevens quote, as I understand it, is that a God who gives no miracles or other tangible proofs of His existence might as well be no God at all. A devastating critique to a Spong or a Marcus Borg, perhaps, but doesn't necessarily apply to Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:55:21 AM by Volnutt »
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 02:01:03 AM »
It is as said in a spiritual song come take your cross and follow Me fear not I am with you

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 04:35:59 AM »
Yep, he'll take care of you :)
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
Thankyou Volnutt :)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:58 PM »
You're welcome :)