Author Topic: The Orthodox Church in Puerto Rico not longer exists.  (Read 387 times)

Offline JonathanSantiago

The Orthodox Church in Puerto Rico not longer exists.
« on: August 21, 2017, 12:31:54 PM »
I was a catechumen from the Saint Spyridon Orthodox Church in Puerto Rico. I stopped going to the  church several months because problems with the fasting. Recently I discovered that the bishop and the priest from that parish joined Rome. They are now Byzantine Catholics . Ecumenism is a very serious threat for the Orthodox Church. Some orthodox bishops worldwide are ecumenist.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 12:36:20 PM by JonathanSantiago »

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Re: The Orthodox Church in Puerto Rico not longer exists.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 01:09:16 PM »
We discussed it in this thread: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,71894.0.html

And it seems there is still at least one Orthodox mission :)
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 01:22:59 PM »
I was a catechumen from the Saint Spyridon Orthodox Church in Puerto Rico. I stopped going to the  church several months because problems with the fasting. Recently I discovered that the bishop and the priest from that parish joined Rome. They are now Byzantine Catholics . Ecumenism is a very serious threat for the Orthodox Church. Some orthodox bishops worldwide are ecumenist.

This isn't ecumenism.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 01:43:47 PM »
And the departure from Orthodoxy seems to have a lot more to do with the idiosyncrasies of the clergy at this parish than any worldwide trend.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum