OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 04:08:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have this problem?  (Read 1744 times) Average Rating: 0
MaryCecilia
Struggler

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: currently attending an Antiochian parish

« on: September 24, 2005, 01:07:11 AM »

I would always click on "show unread posts since last visit" before oc.net was switched to the new server and I would never have trouble bringing up the posts that were new since my last visit.ÂÂ  Now everytime I click on it, I get this message "No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics. " I click on the 'click here' section and it does take me to the unread posts, but I'm confused as to why I'm getting that message and why I'm being redirected.ÂÂ  Does anyone else get this?ÂÂ  Is it just a glitch in the new server?ÂÂ  HuhÂÂ  I hope someone knows out there.... Thanks in advance.

In Christ,
Mary, the sinner and struggler

« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 01:08:50 AM by MaryCecilia » Logged

Mary Cecilia passed into eternal life on Jan 2, 2010.  May her memory be eternal!
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:06:59 AM »

MaryCecilia,   The same thing happened to me and then I figured out that all I needed to do was relog in with name and password....and presto all was the same again.  Hope this helps,     Juliana Smiley
MaryCecilia
Struggler

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 05:35:03 PM »

I tried this, but still the same...thanks for the suggestion though Juliana Smiley Does anyone else know why this could be happening?

Mary

MaryCecilia, The same thing happened to me and then I figured out that all I needed to do was relog in with name and password....and presto all was the same again. Hope this helps, Juliana Smiley

Mary Cecilia passed into eternal life on Jan 2, 2010.  May her memory be eternal!
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 10:03:34 PM »

I'm having an similar problem.  Before the server change, when I clicked onto the forum I was greeted with "Hey, Salpy..." and I was able to reply to posts, etc., without having to log in.  Now when I click onto the forum, I am greeted with "Welcome Guest..." and before I can post I have to log in.  I haven't changed my privacy settings.  Is this the way it is supposed to be now?

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 06:01:25 AM »

It always shows up under my username when I come to the site, like it used to do. The only thing I can think of regarding new posts (Mary) is that maybe once your hubby comes to the forum and leaves it plants a cookie or whatever on your computer, and that IE/Windoze isn't sophisticated enough to recognize that you are a different user.

There are many foolish priests out there.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 11:11:27 AM »

It always shows up under my username when I come to the site, like it used to do. The only thing I can think of regarding new posts (Mary) is that maybe once your hubby comes to the forum and leaves it plants a cookie or whatever on your computer, and that IE/Windoze isn't sophisticated enough to recognize that you are a different user.

Are you logging on your local computer as the same user? Possibly another profile "might" help. Failing that, disable cookies - they are not needed here (so far).

Just some sugesstions.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 02:08:33 PM »

I'm still in the process of doing "upgrades" but life has been warp speed and my available time has been diminished.  Expect to see things working properly within the next week or two (along with new features to boot).  The site uses session data stored in a cookie...sometimes ad-blockers interfere with this, I think someon esuggested that...if it isn't working by next weekend fire me a PM and I'll see if I can't help more in depth.

Robert
MaryCecilia
Struggler

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 03:02:20 PM »

[quote author=ÃŽ‘ριστοκλής link=topic=7221.msg94482#msg94482 date=1127661087]
Are you logging on your local computer as the same user? Possibly another profile "might" help. Failing that, disable cookies - they are not needed here (so far).

Just some sugesstions.
[/quote]

We do have two different computer names to sign on under...when I get online I switch to my name and then sign online....this stuff just started happening recently since the move to the new server. 

Also, it never did it before when my hubby would sign on the forum before me to read his stuff...it just started after the server move and only on my name...some reason it doesn't affect my hubby's name. 

Mary

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: