Author Topic: End of an Era in American Entertainment  (Read 192 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
End of an Era in American Entertainment
« on: August 17, 2017, 04:37:54 PM »
Chuck E. Cheese's Animatronic Band Is Starting to Break Up and Fans Are Heartbroken

Earlier this week, America’s most popular rat-fronted pizza restaurant and entertainment venue announced a plan to phase out some of its animatronic performers, and admirers of Chuck E. Cheese’s iconic leering robots are in mourning.

According to a report from CBS News, Chuck E. Cheese plans to modernize several restaurants by toning down the wacky, colorful design, removing animatronics, and adding large dance floors where a human dressed as the eponymous rodent will come out and dance with children. CEC Entertainment Chief Executive Tom Leverton told CBS that they’re making major changes because kids prefer people in animal costumes over animatronics. He also explained that they want to make the restaurants more inviting for parents and grandparents.

Only seven locations in San Antonio, Texas, and the Kansas City, Missouri, areas will be redesigned initially. But Leverton (who was not available for a comment to Gizmodo) told CBS he has a “strong hypothesis” that the entire company will soon pivot away from animatronics...

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: End of an Era in American Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 04:50:06 PM »
Code for "in many of our locales, a human in a costume costs less to maintain than a band of robots."
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Sharbel

• Elder
  • Faith: Maronite Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 01:32:04 AM »
I initially thread it as:

... America’s most popular rat-infested pizza restaurant...

And nodded in agreement.

It is one of the saddest and most pathetic places I've ever seen in my whole life.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:32:56 AM by Sharbel »
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ!

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 02:00:51 AM »
It is one of the saddest and most pathetic places I've ever seen in my whole life.

Aye, aye, like the half-moldly sandwiches mom used to make for lunch. At first they seem disgusting, but after a while you realise that it's part of the charm. So many memories.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 02:27:41 AM »
I refused to ever take my children that place. Horrible.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline LivenotoneviL

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox....kind of
  • Jurisdiction: Not even a Catechumen, but OCA
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 05:05:41 PM »
Chuck E. Cheese's Animatronic Band Is Starting to Break Up and Fans Are Heartbroken

Earlier this week, America’s most popular rat-fronted pizza restaurant and entertainment venue announced a plan to phase out some of its animatronic performers, and admirers of Chuck E. Cheese’s iconic leering robots are in mourning.

According to a report from CBS News, Chuck E. Cheese plans to modernize several restaurants by toning down the wacky, colorful design, removing animatronics, and adding large dance floors where a human dressed as the eponymous rodent will come out and dance with children. CEC Entertainment Chief Executive Tom Leverton told CBS that they’re making major changes because kids prefer people in animal costumes over animatronics. He also explained that they want to make the restaurants more inviting for parents and grandparents.

Only seven locations in San Antonio, Texas, and the Kansas City, Missouri, areas will be redesigned initially. But Leverton (who was not available for a comment to Gizmodo) told CBS he has a “strong hypothesis” that the entire company will soon pivot away from animatronics...

How dare they disrespect the memory of those unsettling Show-Time Biz Pizza animatronics!