Author Topic: Woman Lost in Alabama Woods for Four Weeks Has Been Found  (Read 264 times)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Woman Lost in Alabama Woods for Four Weeks Has Been Found
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:39:35 PM »
A Woman Was Found Naked On The Side Of A Road One Month After She Went Missing

An Alabama woman who went missing last month was found naked by the side of a rural road on Saturday, telling investigators she survived by eating berries and drinking muddy water...

Lisa told Garner and police she survived in the woods by eating berries and mushrooms and drinking muddy water — "basically whatever she could find out there," Will said. Authorities have said Lisa was with two men on the night of July 18 when she fled into the woods upon being told the men planned to rob a hunting lodge. "She’s not familiar with this area and apparently on the night she ran, she went into the woods at night and got lost," Rodgers said. "I just thank God that she’s alive."...

Sheriff's Sergeant Chad Faulkner said "there was a whole lot more to [the] story" of Lisa's disappearance, but declined at this stage to release further information. "It's going to be sad and heartwarming at the same time when the story is actually released," he told WTVY. "I've been doing this now going on 15 years and I've never seen anything like it. Her will to live is incredible."...

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
Re: Woman Lost in Alabama Woods for Four Weeks Has Been Found
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 01:47:43 AM »
How much did she weigh before?  She looks pretty good for having lost 50 pounds in a month.

I do believe there's a lot more to the story.  Heck, just walk in one direction, you're going to hit a road.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline FinnJames

• High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 03:00:47 AM »
How much did she weigh before?  She looks pretty good for having lost 50 pounds in a month.

I do believe there's a lot more to the story.  Heck, just walk in one direction, you're going to hit a road.

Speaking from just three hours of lost-in-the-forest experience, depending on the character of the woods walking in one direction might not be all that easy.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 03:29:18 AM »

Most people find it very difficult to follow a straight course in deep woods. Even Daniel Boone was once lost for six days because he was inadvertently traveling in wide circles. Best bet if you're not an expert is to follow a creek, but even then you'll be winding and you'd better be in shape enough to cover quite a few miles before wearing out.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 07:26:29 AM »
You've never seen The Blair Witch Project, it seems.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 01:08:20 PM »
You've never seen The Blair Witch Project, it seems.

More people need to watch that documentary if they live near woods.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline RandomGalOnTheNet

• St. Theodota, pray for me!
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 07:11:41 PM »
Kinda hard to go in a straight line through unknown woods when you're legally blind::)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 09:50:45 PM »

A lot of that is watwr weight, which would be gained quickly in a week.  So severe dehydration can show in the weight.  I lost about 15 pounds in a week due to the swine flu, and I gained it all back as I gained health and strength
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »
I abstained from food for 21 days a few years ago and lost only about twelve pounds as I recall. Drank lots of water.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 12:13:41 AM »
I abstained from food for 21 days a few years ago and lost only about twelve pounds as I recall. Drank lots of water.
Speaking as a medical professional, that's also unhealthy, because a lot of that weight loss is muscle mass, as opposed to burning fat in that same rate of loss.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 12:21:04 AM »
Speaking as a medical professional, that's also unhealthy, because a lot of that weight loss is muscle mass, as opposed to burning fat in that same rate of loss.

I think after about a week my body fell into a pretty good fat-burning pattern. There was no more pain, and I was quite capable, altho a little slower, especially when studying. The idea was to go a month, but my immune system decided otherwise when a yeast infection took over my torso. It was when coming off the fast that I learned my digestive system hadn't been up to it, as I required magnesium, sublingual B12, and some other things before my gut would process food. Some new studies imply starving can, surprisingly, have positive health effects, as long as one is young and has body fat, but I wouldn't recommend it.