Author Topic: Important Question  (Read 270 times)

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
Important Question
« on: August 13, 2017, 09:11:02 AM »
What happens or could happen when you disobey a penance in the Church? Especially if you fee the advice is borderline unethical.

Online HaydenTE

• OC.net guru
  • Always honest, occasionally correct.
  • Faith: Ukrainian Greek Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Saint Josaphat in Parma
Re: Important Question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 11:24:05 AM »
Unethical how? I understand if you want to maintain your privacy, but you're going to need to be more specific if you want advice.
"For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" - Mark 8:36 (DRA)

Offline Hinterlander

• Site Supporter
  • High Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
Expect your life of repentance to falter and your will to be converted to flag.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 12:38:36 PM »
Unethical how? I understand if you want to maintain your privacy, but you're going to need to be more specific if you want advice.
Unethical is the wrong word, let's say this priest (who is not your spiritual father) tells you to get a new spiritual father.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:42:24 PM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »
Expect your life of repentance to falter and your will to be converted to flag.

Explain

Offline FinnJames

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 01:39:52 PM »
Unethical is the wrong word, let's say this priest (who is not your spiritual father) tells you to get a new spiritual father.

If that's the case, I think you're entitled to ask him why your current spiritual father is not suitable. (By the way, I can't help wondering if you mean 'confessor' rather than 'spiritual father'.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:40:26 PM by FinnJames »

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 03:34:10 PM »
Well to update everyone,  I prayed on this,  often at times in tears,  I really don't want to lose my spiritual father,  he truly knows what works best,  to Help me towards the goal of salvation.  Well the good news is The priest I confessed to inform me I can keep my spiritual father,  and that I may receive Communion,  however I possibly should wait to receive it,  and to ask my spiritual father. How long.  To be honest I feel the love of God,  only in our faith again, I feel recharged for the first time in a while. I love you all,  and sorry for any bad stuff I said in the past,  and judgemental I had towards this forum,  when I felt mad. No excuse for that,  I wasn't a dark place in my life.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 03:46:57 PM »
When I confessed to a priest other than my spiritual father, he told me to go back to my spiritual father. It turns out I had confessed to him so many times he thought he was my spiritual father, so when I told him he wasn't, he answered I shouldn't come to him unless I had committed really grave sin or was in the peril of death, and should rather wait for another week to see my own priest instead (my father confessor takes care of another parish fortnightly).  :P  IOW: stick to yours.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:47:53 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)