Author Topic: What videos are you watching?  (Read 28502 times)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: What videos are you watching?
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2018, 12:55:36 AM »
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »
In another round of "I challenge you to find a more niche youtube channel," we have a woman who narrates allegedly real frightening encounters with fairies.

I feel like this is nothing but Arachne bait lol.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2018, 08:34:30 AM »
In another round of "I challenge you to find a more niche youtube channel," we have a woman who narrates allegedly real frightening encounters with fairies.

No one who has read some actual folklore (as opposed to nursery rhymes) will consider the Fae anything less than terrifying.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2018, 04:21:11 PM »

No one who has read some actual folklore (as opposed to nursery rhymes) will consider the Fae anything less than terrifying.

Mhmm!

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2018, 06:26:58 PM »
Random discovery, but it was good.  And I'm sorry, I can't for the life of me link it so it starts at the beginning.  /fail   ;D

Video description:
His Grace Bishop Neofytos of Kenya shares with us the role of Orthodox Christians in sharing Christ’s love and message.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTfLlzhYQ2M
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »

Mhmm!

Btw, her continuing fairy bestiary is pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L58kfS4rG2c&list=PLATduIkH-CZvUuazfItaIU3YNUyPw9ilo

Offline BrotherInChrist

« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2018, 01:17:54 AM »

I agree with you there. A lot of folks think of Tinkerbell when they hear the word "fairy", but from what I've read about fairies in folklore they aren't quite the cutesy characters that the stereotype portrays.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2018, 03:18:50 AM »

I agree with you there. A lot of folks think of Tinkerbell when they hear the word "fairy", but from what I've read about fairies in folklore they aren't quite the cutesy characters that the stereotype portrays.

Yeah. They can be beneficent, but it's always completely mercurially.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »
Budnick plays guitar

I always wondered if this was meant to be a joke about how old people think the music of young people all sounds the same... or if the people who wrote/directed this really did think Metallica, Aerosmith, etc. sounded the same.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2018, 10:23:19 PM »
EA is not going to take the lootboxes out of FIFA despite the Belgian gaming commission calling them illegal gambling.

I highly doubt there's a scenario where this could result in jail time, but it would amazing if it did lol. EA is scum.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2018, 08:03:17 PM »
I think you can say ~ In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and post with charitable and prayerful intentions.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2018, 08:17:36 PM »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2018, 10:23:24 PM »
Honest Interracial Date

Errr, it's a CollegeHumor sketch that I just thought was kind or funny, not a White Nationalist screed or something. I realized that the title sounds kind of bad out of context.

And now for something completely different... allegedly true time travel stories narrated by a golden voiced Adonis!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:23:57 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2018, 10:04:00 PM »
This guy with really bad hair calculates what it would be like if Arceus had every type at the same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbwX6Qq6PyM

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2018, 01:20:27 AM »
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:20:47 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »
Reliving the scary parts of my childhood:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GqleRxEDwrg

Remember when Animal Planet was pushing this mockumentary? It terrified my pre-teen self
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:31:40 PM by Jackson02 »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2018, 06:34:10 PM »
Reliving the scary parts of my childhood:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GqleRxEDwrg

Remember when Animal Planet was pushing this mockumentary? It terrified my pre-teen self

Vaguely. Gotta love a jump scare (in isolation, not when somebody tries to make an entire movie out of them).

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2018, 01:38:15 PM »
Been watching a lot of theme park history videos (quite a few youtube channels do it).

Defunctland- The Failure of Euro Disney or "Cultural Chernobyl," as some French intellectuals called it at the time. It really did almost close until they opened their version of Space Mountain.

Another interesting video from a similar channel- Yesterworld: The Truth Behind E.T. & the Video Game Crash of 1983. Ie. it's actually pretty complicated.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2018, 05:15:25 PM »
RPG Limit Break 2018 - Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King by CreativeEly

Usually when I stop by this guy's channel for DQ8 speedruns he has ~100 people watching the stream... so it's a little strange seeing 11,000 people; charity stream here though.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2018, 08:03:04 PM »
I enjoyed Linkara's 500th episode, which is a review of DC's terrible Future's End, thought the surfeit of in-jokes might turn some people off.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2018, 10:43:49 PM »
Who wants to go to Cleveland?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2018, 11:24:31 PM »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2018, 08:26:51 PM »
5 Creepiest and Oldest Theme Park Attractions

The big thing I took away from this is that Six Flags Over Georgia and Over Texas used to be run by huge weirdos.

Couple of pictures of the Spee-Lunkers that are better than anything that shows up in the video (personally I find them more cute than creepy, not that the two aesthetics never overlap for me, but YMMV)

Hey Justin, have you ever been to Knoebbel's Haunted Mansion in Elysburg? That's still open!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:27:22 PM by Volnutt »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2018, 02:37:08 AM »
The Ross Sisters - Solid Potato Salad (DVD Quality) Full Video

I woke up at 2am. Decided to stay up half an hour and then try to get back to sleep. This was suggested on my youtube home page. Wtf did I just watch? What have I ever watched that would make yt think I'd want to see this? What even is this?

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2018, 03:07:20 AM »
The Ross Sisters - Solid Potato Salad (DVD Quality) Full Video

I woke up at 2am. Decided to stay up half an hour and then try to get back to sleep. This was suggested on my youtube home page. Wtf did I just watch? What have I ever watched that would make yt think I'd want to see this? What even is this?

Sometimes I miss the days when movies contained clunky segues into random Vaudeville acts lol. That's not really a genre we ever see anymore- the closest is probably the parodies in Hail, Caesar. The vaguely sexual controtionism in that one is the stuff of nightmares, though, I agree...

Yay, one more discordant recommend to go on the pile of themepark history, creepypasta, Let's Play, review, and Orthodox videos!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:15:27 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2018, 10:47:01 AM »
Richard Dawkins exploding at BS in the Bible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTXN5nOstRs
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:47:12 AM by Jackson02 »

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »
5 Creepiest and Oldest Theme Park Attractions

The big thing I took away from this is that Six Flags Over Georgia and Over Texas used to be run by huge weirdos.

Couple of pictures of the Spee-Lunkers that are better than anything that shows up in the video (personally I find them more cute than creepy, not that the two aesthetics never overlap for me, but YMMV)

Hey Justin, have you ever been to Knoebbel's Haunted Mansion in Elysburg? That's still open!
I wouldnt call those things creepy, just look kinda weird.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2018, 10:55:43 AM »
Perhaps it's mostly in how they were used in the ride? I dunno. I don't think any video footage of Spee-Lunker Cave has survived, but the photos and the descriptions in the video gives me some idea of what it was like.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2018, 11:15:27 AM »
Perhaps it's mostly in how they were used in the ride? I dunno. I don't think any video footage of Spee-Lunker Cave has survived, but the photos and the descriptions in the video gives me some idea of what it was like.

Oh, there's video footage of Spee-Lunker Cave IN the very YouTube video I linked, you say? I just forgot about it because I'm an idiot?

Well, that can't possibly be true because I DON'T MAKE THOSE KINDS OF MISTAKES SO YOU MUST BE DREAMING HA HA HA HA HA. *jumps out the window and heads for the hills*

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2018, 11:30:51 AM »

Oh, there's video footage of Spee-Lunker Cave IN the very YouTube video I linked, you say? I just forgot about it because I'm an idiot?

Well, that can't possibly be true because I DON'T MAKE THOSE KINDS OF MISTAKES SO YOU MUST BE DREAMING HA HA HA HA HA. *jumps out the window and heads for the hills*

Here's somebody's loose audio recreation of what the ride was like (unfortunately, I highly doubt it really featured Yakety Sax- though the timing was right for it to have!).

It does kind of sound like a fever dream lol, almost like something out of Santa Clause meets the Ice Cream Bunny.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:31:31 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2018, 07:10:13 PM »
I Hate Everything's review of F the Prom, the movie written, produced, and directed by (but, sadly, not staring) YouTube's own Fine Bros.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2018, 08:00:42 PM »
Based on the review, I have to conclude that at least 50% of the people involved in this movie are potential sex offenders.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2018, 07:23:54 AM »
I Hate Everything's review of F the Prom, the movie written, produced, and directed by (but, sadly, not staring) YouTube's own Fine Bros.

"Wait, you're a selfie virgin? A sirgin?"

I think this broke my brain.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:24:24 AM by Asteriktos »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2018, 07:27:29 AM »

"Wait, you're a selfie virgin? A sirgin?"

I think this broke my brain.

I wonder if that was actually intended to be a Weird Al reference, "Like a Surgeon." I don't know if that would make it better or worse, though...

"Remember to ask a Senior to take you. If you get caught, it's only statutory."

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »
Every time this Marvel mashup turns up on my feed, I end up watching it several times. It always works.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2018, 03:02:02 PM »
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2018, 05:22:14 PM »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2018, 01:06:31 AM »

Offline Brilko

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2018, 04:32:52 AM »
I’ve been watching a bunch of random music. Came across Mac Sabbath. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx3g-0yalV0

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2018, 09:27:11 PM »
Yay! New Scary Fairy Godmother video! ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzSISZfdac0

Offline Brilko

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »
Music for listening to fairy stories. Patty Gurdy getting her hurdy on.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec729nmajwc

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2018, 12:36:45 AM »
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.