Author Topic: “What is at stake is not me, but the Church of Christ”  (Read 697 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
“What is at stake is not me, but the Church of Christ”
« on: August 10, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »
In the far-off Korea, the Land of the Morning Calm, there has been for at least four decades a unique spiritual and missionary work, which has resulted in a strong Orthodox witness. The responsibility of these efforts fall to the Orthodox Metropolis of Korea, whose work has resulted in good fruit as a result of the inspired choices of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, together with the profound endeavours, first from the Bishop of Zela and then Metropolitan of Korea, Sotirios Trambas, then by his predecessor and current Metropolitan of Korea, Ambrosios Zographos.

This work is supported and enhanced by the holy clergy, in collaboration with the small yet dynamic flock, who together are distinguished for their openness in a country whose powerful tradition favours quietness and introversion. The Orthodox Metropolis of Korea, clergy and laity, together comprise an icon of ecclesiastical community that is characterized by strong ties, solidarity, a willingness to help, and of courtesy, which characterizes the people of Korea; with humility, they resemble the Christians of the first ancient Church.

However, this multifaceted work, which testifies to the best witness for the Orthodox Church, is often harmed, not by external threats but by internal ambitions and claims, which remind us more of a political mindset, rather than brotherly relations within the framework and as defined by the Holy Canons and the decisions taken by ecumenical and local synods throughout the centuries. At least this is what was shown to us as a result of our interview with Metropolitan Ambrosios of Korea following his recent meeting with representatives from the Moscow Patriarchate who visited Seoul.

https://www.orthodoxkorea.org/en-interview-amen-2017/
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: “What is at stake is not me, but the Church of Christ”
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »
It's almost as tho the Orthodox world would benefit by its missions being overseen by an essentially politically-neutral yet ancient patriarchate, such as the one cut off from local influence in Turkey today.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 06:40:53 PM »
It's almost as tho the Orthodox world would benefit by its missions being overseen by an essentially politically-neutral yet ancient patriarchate, such as the one cut off from local influence in Turkey today.

lol
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:43:02 PM »
In the state sense, old son. Obviously anybody can accuse anybody of politics in the vague sense. Point being, show me an ancient see further removed from major States' interests.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:44:00 PM by Porter ODoran »
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »
so it can use such influence for its own parochial concerns.

Now, for what purpose Russian diplomats participate in the interactions of Russian clergy with the Metropolitan of the Orthodox Metropolis of Korea, heterodox churches, and the Mayor of Seoul, I leave it to the discernment and judgment of the readers of this interview.
Same reason why a Greek-American diplomat in Qatar carries the title of "Representative of the Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem to the United States"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_N._Theros
and the Phanar won't take a canonical position in the matter of Jerusalem intruding onto Antioch's canonical territory....

What is at stake is not Christ, but Hellenic phyletism and Phanariot Ultramarism.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:54:42 PM by ialmisry »
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »
In the state sense, old son. Obviously anybody can accuse anybody of politics in the vague sense. Point being, show me an ancient see further removed from major States' interests.
Alexandria.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 03:07:17 PM »
Alexandria.

Might as well say Rome.

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 03:17:55 PM »
Alexandria.

Might as well say Rome.
Only if you are an Ultramarist.

Again, you were answered. You just did not like the facts.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:18:33 PM by ialmisry »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 03:21:01 PM »
Alexandria.

Might as well say Rome.

Mentioning our patriarchate in Rome is ultra-whatsit?

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »
Alexandria.

Might as well say Rome.

Mentioning our patriarchate in Rome is ultra-whatsit?
Who is "we"? You coming out of the Ultramontanist closet?

We Orthodox do not have a Patriarchate in Old Rome at present.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »
We probably shouldn't have one in Alexandria either.

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »
I'd ask why not if I had an interest in your opinion.

The fact remains we have one. In fact, the largest (nearly) Patriarchate we have.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:01:24 PM by ialmisry »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 05:48:01 PM »
You sure play fast and loose with your superlatives. MP's the biggest, now AlexP. Not that the discussions we're having have ever called for who's is biggest. Obsession all your own.

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »
Alexandria.

Indeed so.  The 13th Apostle and Judge of the Universe, a Patriarchate noted for resolving disputes between other Patriarchates, and together with the Coptic Pope, the heir to Sts. Mark, Athanasius and Cyril.  Axios!

The Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria also wears a distinctive mitre; in its shape it reminds me slightly of the old Papal Tiaras of Rome.

Due to the Greek diaspora in South Africa and the Missions, the Church of Alexandria is quite large.  Although the largest Orthodox Church in Africa probably remains the Ethiopian, with 40 million members.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 06:07:33 PM »

The fact remains we have one. In fact, the largest (nearly) Patriarchate we have.

Awesome.  I love the archaic Greco-Egyptian nomenclature.  The Greeks are so good at that.  Most jurisdictions would've used the names of contemporary countries or geographic regions, but no!  Instead we get the Archdioceses of Nubia, Tripolis, Aksum, Ptolemais, et al.  Makes me want to break out my toga and laurel wreath.

Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 08:26:03 PM »
You sure play fast and loose with your superlatives. MP's the biggest, now AlexP.
Hence the "(nearly)". But then reading comprehension was never your thing.

How much larger the MP is depends on the jurisdiction of the MP outside of its canonical territory (which is much larger than your Phanariot overlords admit). As it is, it is larger only because of its Autonomous Church of China, and only barely. When it comes to uncontested jurisdiction, Alexandria is larger. The MP remains the most populous, of course.
Not that the discussions we're having have ever called for who's is biggest. Obsession all your own.
No, your phanariot projections'.

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 01:35:35 AM »

Awesome.  I love the archaic Greco-Egyptian nomenclature.  The Greeks are so good at that.  Most jurisdictions would've used the names of contemporary countries or geographic regions, but no!  Instead we get the Archdioceses of Nubia, Tripolis, Aksum, Ptolemais, et al.  Makes me want to break out my toga and laurel wreath.

Let us retire to the Andron for a symposium sometime, then.  Apparently it is possible to eat while reclining, and the novelty of the experience might well prove interesting.  With any luck, an aspiring philosopher might distort our words and dramatize them into an epic dialogue which will influence the future for another twenty five centuries, therefore the subject matter must not be bereft of that quality the Romans called gravitas.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 11:06:46 AM »

Let us retire to the Andron for a symposium sometime, then.  Apparently it is possible to eat while reclining, and the novelty of the experience might well prove interesting.  With any luck, an aspiring philosopher might distort our words and dramatize them into an epic dialogue which will influence the future for another twenty five centuries, therefore the subject matter must not be bereft of that quality the Romans called gravitas.

You've just described my view of the Politics forum on oc.net.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 01:07:15 PM »

Do you customarily adorn yourself in a toga and have kraters of wine prepared with water and spices for your consumption, and recline, when going therein to post?  Perhaps with a slave playing the lyre in your courtyard.   ;D

It amuses me to imagine this on a certain level, in particular given the rhetorical art to which you ascend.  (Of late, I have been spending some energy seeking to work out wih which members of the Alexandrian Canon to associate you and certain other members, for the Persona thread; Mor has alas seized the position of Demosthenes, but rest assured, your canonicity is without question).   
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:08:13 PM by Alpha60 »

• Taxiarches
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »

Do you customarily adorn yourself in a toga and have kraters of wine prepared with water and spices for your consumption, and recline, when going therein to post?  Perhaps with a slave playing the lyre in your courtyard.   ;D

It amuses me to imagine this on a certain level, in particular given the rhetorical art to which you ascend.  (Of late, I have been spending some energy seeking to work out wih which members of the Alexandrian Canon to associate you and certain other members, for the Persona thread; Mor has alas seized the position of Demosthenes, but rest assured, your canonicity is without question).

I'm beginning to think you've hacked my camera.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Alpha60

• OC.net guru
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 07:24:01 PM »

I'm beginning to think you've hacked my camera.

Should've changed the admin password to something other than an12345 eh old stick?   :P

I of course jest; I do not have root on your boxen and am not stealing your Internetz.