Author Topic: I need to return to Holy Orthodoxy  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Diocese of Korsun
I need to return to Holy Orthodoxy
« on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:15 PM »
Dear Brothers and Sisters:

After sometime of prayer I decide that I need to return to Holy Orthodoxy. I left the SSPX chapel already. I don't want to have anything to do with those so called "Traditional Catholic" group.

Back in June when I joined SSPX chapel, I suffered very much. I became more anxious and stressful. I did not find any peace in SSPX chapel. My school work suffered a lot. I failed so many subjects because I can't concentrate on my school work. 

This summer I begin to say the Orthodox prayers again. And study Orthodox Theology again. I find peace and comfort in Holy Orthodoxy.

This summer I am in my native country there is no Orthodox priest near my hometown. So I don't have chance to talk to Orthodox priests yet.

However, this September once I return to Madrid, I will find my Orthodox priest immediately. I know I am a miserable sinner. I need the salvation. I want to return to the true Church. Please pray for me to return to Holy Orthodoxy.   
O strange Orthodox Church, so poor and weak, with neither the organization nor the culture of the West, staying afloat as if by a miracle in the face of so many trials, tribulations and struggles; a Church of contrasts, both so traditional and so free, so archaic and so alive, so ritualist and so personally involved, a Church where the priceless pearl of the Gospel is assiduously preserved, sometimes under a layer of dust; a Church which in shadows and silence maintains above all the eternal val

Offline RobS

• Protokentarchos
Re: I need to return to Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:48:18 PM »
Glory to God! Lord have mercy on Anthony.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 10:54:05 PM »
However right now I am very angry with Roman Catholic Church. When I was 18 years old I have been verbally abused by RC priest, nun and layman. The RC nun told me that I will go to hell for not be the member of RC.

Before I converted to Holy Orthodoxy back in 2012, I was constantly insulted by RCs.

Few years ago one RC girl told me that I will go to hell to become Orthodox Christian instead of staying in RC.

Most of RC I met in my life are rude, arrogant, judgmental and self righteous.

They like to point finger at others and told people that they will burn in hell.

The psychological abused I received in RC made me feel very bitter in my heart.

I really have the difficulty to forgive those people.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:55:58 PM by Anthony1986 »
O strange Orthodox Church, so poor and weak, with neither the organization nor the culture of the West, staying afloat as if by a miracle in the face of so many trials, tribulations and struggles; a Church of contrasts, both so traditional and so free, so archaic and so alive, so ritualist and so personally involved, a Church where the priceless pearl of the Gospel is assiduously preserved, sometimes under a layer of dust; a Church which in shadows and silence maintains above all the eternal val

Offline Porter ODoran

• St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Toumarches
  • Monahos.net: "Lawful Evil"; OC.net: "Chaotic Evil"
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 11:00:18 PM »
I'm very sorry. Lord, grant your servant peace, and bless him for his desire to forgive.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 11:03:18 PM »
I don't want to get into politic.  However, I am very angry with the RC involvement in Ustaše.

Even today RC still refused to repent their crime against Orthodox Christians in Balkan.

What kind of Church is that? A church that is guide my Holy Spirit goes around to kill people because people refused to submit to Pope of Rome?

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 11:04:14 PM »
I'm very sorry. Lord, grant your servant peace, and bless him for his desire to forgive.

It takes long time to heal. What I really need now is repent, confession and Holy Communion.

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 11:24:55 PM »
Before I converted to Holy Orthodoxy, I was very involved in Byzantine Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Young adult group. I spent all my time with RC and Byzantine Catholic back in my university year. Because of that I almost failed university. I spend 6 years in university to complete my bachelor degree. Right now I consider that it was wasting my time.

RC took away my youth year. Because of that I am over 30 years old now I still don't have job, wife and children. I am still doing the other degree.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 11:28:59 PM »

It takes long time to heal. What I really need now is repent, confession and Holy Communion.
And pray for those who deride your return to the Church.

Where is your home country again?
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 11:32:34 PM »

And pray for those who deride your return to the Church.

Where is your home country again?

My home country is Taiwan. There are only two Orthodox Parishes in Taipei Taiwan. Two hours away from by hometown by bus.

I am currently studying in Madrid for Dentistry degree. I know some Orthodox priests in Madrid.

Offline Sam G

• OC.net guru
  • One Rome to rule them all.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 11:56:58 PM »
Lord, have mercy!

Grant rest to thy servant!
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too
Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl

Offline Faithseeker

• Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 12:09:14 AM »
Anthony - I spoke with our parish priest and he mentioned you have remained in contact with him from time to time. He told me to let you know that you can contact him any time. May I share this with him next week? He often asks how you are doing so he does truly think of you and you are remembered in the parish in our prayers.

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 08:11:39 AM »
Anthony - I spoke with our parish priest and he mentioned you have remained in contact with him from time to time. He told me to let you know that you can contact him any time. May I share this with him next week? He often asks how you are doing so he does truly think of you and you are remembered in the parish in our prayers.

Sure. You can share with the parish priest. Thank you very much.

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 08:34:56 AM »
Anthony, you seem to feel a lot of hatred and anger right now.
I am sorry that you encountered many Catholics who were trying to intimidate you
and mentally force you to stay Catholic out of fear of hell.
But believe me, this is neither the rule nor typical, even among more traditional Catholics.
Probably things would have been different, had you only encountered other people....

Also, probably it is not entirely honest to blame the RC church for delays in your studies
or failed subjects, I do not know.

Believe me, I have an idea how nerve-racking it can be, being caught in the middle of nowhere between East and West.
I hope that you find peace in the ROCOR parish or wherever you decide to go now.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:35:28 AM by Lepanto »
Sanctus Deus, Sanctus fortis, Sanctus immortalis, miserere nobis.

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »
Anthony, you seem to feel a lot of hatred and anger right now.
I am sorry that you encountered many Catholics who were trying to intimidate you
and mentally force you to stay Catholic out of fear of hell.
But believe me, this is neither the rule nor typical, even among more traditional Catholics.
Probably things would have been different, had you only encountered other people....

Also, probably it is not entirely honest to blame the RC church for delays in your studies
or failed subjects, I do not know.

Believe me, I have an idea how nerve-racking it can be, being caught in the middle of nowhere between East and West.
I hope that you find peace in the ROCOR parish or wherever you decide to go now.

Sorry Lepanto. This is public forum, I shouldn't be too emotional when I was typing. Well, in my personal life I have met some Roman Catholics and Eastern Rite Catholics are very charitable. It is unfair for me to say that all the RCs and ECs are evil.

I don't want to carry my bitterness in my journey in Orthodox Church. Maybe through the pray, fasting, confession and Holy Communion I can overcome the angry and hatred in my heart. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:12:42 AM by Anthony1986 »

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »
Back in 2007-2011 when I was doing my university degree in Canada, I was very involved in Byzantine Catholic parish and Catholic student club on campus.
I went to adoration a lot. I said the Divine Mercy and Rosary every day. I went to week day Mass every day.

I scarified my time and energy for Catholicism. However, I did not received any spiritual healing and grace.

Maybe it is not honest  to blame the Roman Catholic Church for delay of my studies and failure of subjects. However, I believe I did a lot for RC, but it the end most of my RC friends abandon me. They don't care about my problems.

I am over 30 now. I don't have a career, car, house, money, wife and children. I desired a relationship. However, I have nothing. How can I start a family?

Sometime I feel my life is meaningless. My life is a big failure. Does God really love me and care about me?

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »
Yes, God certainly does love you and care for you! And the saints in heaven who have been thru your trials sympathize and pray for you.

Have you visited any monasteries?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 06:37:06 PM »
Yes, God certainly does love you and care for you! And the saints in heaven who have been thru your trials sympathize and pray for you.

Have you visited any monasteries?

I have been to Kiev Pechersk Lavra in Ukraine few years ago...but I don't have chance to speak to the monk...

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 07:06:19 PM »
The monastic life is a blessed life.

Offline Faithseeker

• Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 12:36:37 AM »
Don't despair,  you're still young,  you will continue to find happiness and joy and God will be your guide.

We continue to pray for you,  my friend.

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Greek
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 01:03:20 AM »
I don't want to carry my bitterness in my journey in Orthodox Church.
Indeed, you mustn't!  Journey to Orthodoxy because you've found a greater love, not because you've felt belittled, threatened or rejected.

My prayers are with you.

PS: pray especially to the Mother of God to guide you to Him.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:03:49 AM by Sharbel »
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 02:16:13 AM »
Thank you Sharbel. Lord Have Mercy.