Author Topic: WKTV, Utica, NY - Local monastery claims harassment, authorities say otherwise  (Read 248 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
JORDANVILLE, N.Y. - The monks at the Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville claim they're being harassed.

"They'll drive by yelling obscenities and they'll park in the parking lot in front of the Belltower, they start peeling out honking their horns, throwing stuff at us, it's non-stop until 3 in the morning," said Father Nikon.

They monks call the recent actions terrorism. "They're terrorists, local terrorists," said Father Luke.

http://www.wktv.com/story/36067200/local-monastery-claims-harassment-authorities-say-otherwise
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Velsigne

• OC.net guru
Probably doing too much good in the world.

I highly recommend one of my favorite films to them: Adam's Apples

Warning language:
Adams Aebler-Youtube
A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground.

Then it is done, no matter how brave its warriors nor how strong their weapons -- Cheyenne proverb

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
Lord, have mercy!

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Just don't stay overnight.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
I wonder who "they" are? :police: