Author Topic: All war is evil except to remove a threat but even that I will not teach  (Read 526 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I leave it to others to decide what is right or wrong in that case but if I have what I think is a right opinion I will share it
Also some things I say are just my opinion. I do not know all the way to heaven. The only teacher is God who you should follow but some things I am pretty sure of
There is no holy war to force people to be Christian and remove certain religions from the land
My opinion is that going to war to prevent a country army from invading is right if it is against all that army who is a threat but I leave that for others to decide and not for me to teach
I may regret this or change my position because I haven't discussed much with my dad about the next thing I say which is also I may leave it for others to decide if they want refugees in the county but I ask people with knowledge to stand up. I believe we need to care for refugees with wisdom. Maybe we should dedicate pieces of land to refugees which they can not cross which are ruled by good people maybe who care for justice and stop persecution. I am sure those who care will volunteer. Therefore there must be enough good people there to prevent evil even if the majority are another religion specifically Muslim who are the only rejected refugees
Remember our priority is for persecuted people who we are only sure when they are Christian as paul said to do good first of all to the household of faith
Again I leave it to what the people want who are also responsible I will not be responsible for Muslims coming and taking over by force of persecution. I am not worried about not getting respect but I have to be sure of my position if I am to teach it
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:24:42 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
War is always "to remove a threat." I think you can come up with better criteria.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
  • Faith: Christian
just be normal, okay? Don't be a pervert, don't be a prude.
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"
- The very memorable words of Samuel Veller

"Mouth make trouble, mouth make no trouble." - Sun Tzu

"Physician, heal thyself." - Ancient proverb

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches

There's no such thing as normal in a progressive world.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk

Pete, this isn't a private conversation. Message me.
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
DON'T CALL ME PETE.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches

Pete, this isn't a private conversation. Message me.

Son, I've messaged you enough times. When you are ready to act like I'm a person in PM, maybe we can message some more.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I am concerned about Muslims entering in who kill many non Christians also of course I don't approve of killing Christians either especially those who have not yet fully decided for Christianity because they are too young but who will but that is left for the public and the non Christians what they want. However I never support their coming in as a threat but in less numbers than Christians or rather as I said other wise solutions.
Every non Christian has to know Islam is a threat and be ready to choose Christ before death but as I don't think they will care now maybe I must speak for them and defend them and protest against bringing harmful refugees in and I guess I will here or other acceptable ways
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:10:48 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
Why can't I have one friend that I can call Pete? Why?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:10:44 AM by mcarmichael »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon

What's this got to do with me being a pervert ?
I guess perverting the truth
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:05:59 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon

What about normal people who believe their ideas are not progressive ? So they have normal views as the church teaches ? Or atleast try to have as normal and traditional views as possible ? There was never anyone infallible in the early church either
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:09:22 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk

No no, nothing personal, Mike. Just what I felt was something for anyone who didn't get anything from what you said.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: √úbermensch
  • Jurisdiction: Nietzsche
I am concerned about Muslims entering in who kill many non Christians also of course I don't approve of killing Christians either especially those who have not yet fully decided for Christianity because they are too young but who will but that is left for the public and the non Christians what they want. However I never support their coming in as a threat but in less numbers than Christians or rather as I said other wise solutions.
Every non Christian has to know Islam is a threat and be ready to choose Christ before death but as I don't think they will care now maybe I must speak for them and defend them and protest against bringing harmful refugees in and I guess I will here or other acceptable ways
North Korea then? That is a serious threat for ALL. America too for that matter with its insane president
'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil' (Exodus 23:2)

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk

Don't be a pervert like don't be eager for war, don't be a prude like don't be a prude? Or as in Homer: "He who hesitates, is lost."
Nothing personal. In this setting, I would tell you if it were something personal, and instead I'm telling you that it's not something personal.
If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't read any of what you wrote.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:43:08 AM by mcarmichael »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches

What about normal people who believe their ideas are not progressive ? So they have normal views as the church teaches ? Or atleast try to have as normal and traditional views as possible ? There was never anyone infallible in the early church either

Yes, that's good. I'd call it traditional. Used to be normal.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk

Yes, that's good. I'd call it traditional. Used to be normal.
What's normal now?  :laugh:

PS. I like Porter, because I don't feel bad asking him the tough questions. In return, I'm allowed to call him "Pete".
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:56:23 AM by mcarmichael »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
No. I mean I don't care what you call me as long as it's not late for dinner, but I certainly didn't tell you that.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
No. I mean I don't care what you call me as long as it's not late for dinner, but I certainly didn't tell you that.
Fine. You didn't explicity say so.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:47:45 AM by mcarmichael »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon

Don't be a pervert like don't be eager for war, don't be a prude like don't be a prude? Or as in Homer: "He who hesitates, is lost."
Nothing personal. In this setting, I would tell you if it were something personal, and instead I'm telling you that it's not something personal.
If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't read any of what you wrote.

Ok thanks :)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
War is always "to remove a threat." I think you can come up with better criteria.

Ok a real threat not perceived
Also a threat which we do not have responsibility to bear as Christians and duty to oppose

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
Only someone living in a world held in perpetual peace by massive industrialized militaries can pontificate about how evil war is.
Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
Only someone living in a world held in perpetual peace by massive industrialized militaries can pontificate about how evil war is.

In Which William Demonstrates His Revoltingly Contortionable Brain.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 04:05:28 PM by Porter ODoran »

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk

Offline William

• Protokentarchos

Don't worry Porter, I'm sure she'll come back one day. Then you'll have more to do than (removed - Mor) on oc.net all day.

Lol, who am I kidding?

Edited to remove profanity.  Mor Ephrem, section moderator.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:47:44 PM by Mor Ephrem »
Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches

Don't worry Porter, I'm sure she'll come back one day. Then you'll have more to do than (removed - Mor) on oc.net all day.

Lol, who am I kidding?

Yourself, mostly.

Edited to remove profanity from quote.  Mor Ephrem, section moderator.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:48:43 PM by Mor Ephrem »

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
Don't worry Porter, I'm sure she'll come back one day. Then you'll have more to do than shitpost on oc.net all day.

Lol, who am I kidding?
Yo, keep it above the belt, huh?

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Jurisdiction: OCA

Don't worry Porter, I'm sure she'll come back one day. Then you'll have more to do than shitpost on oc.net all day.

Lol, who am I kidding?

Yourself, mostly.

Did you find a steady job yet?

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic

Lol, who am I kidding?

Edited to remove profanity.  Mor Ephrem, section moderator.

William,

Given your history here on oc.net, you know better than this.  I'm giving you a 25% penalty.  Slow down and know where you're posting regarding profanity.  If you wish to appeal, shoot me a PM.

God bless.

Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
This post is stupid and sick. I am not allowed to leave it to the people to destroy themselves. That is uncaring. I do teach you have to remove a threat but if you do it just because I support it to make christianity look like it loves war and not because you know it is right I will not like people to use me for their agenda and if I am the deciding voice there is something wrong with me teaching it many should be teaching it and feeling it

About refugees. There is two things I expect of a non Christian who don't like to be Christian and who is not Muslim. Either they will allow themselves to be wiped out by Muslims sticking to their faith or they will accept Islam to spare their lives. And so Islam will increase greatly. And I think as the world hates Christianity they won't mind becoming Muslim just as all shall follow the beast whose names have not been written in the book of life. That is I think they will be glad to be Muslim
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:29:54 AM by mikeforjesus »