Author Topic: Blessing of the Holy Lance in Greek and/or English- Does Anyone Know it?  (Read 346 times)

Offline EmmanueltheMD

• Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese
Hello all,

Long time follower of this forum, but first time post.  I was wondering if any of you might have the text for the blessing of a person using the Holy Lance.  It is very popular in Greece, and I remember seeing it somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere.  I would really appreciate it !

Regards

Emmanuel the MD

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Deacon Lance might know.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Hello all,

Long time follower of this forum, but first time post.  I was wondering if any of you might have the text for the blessing of a person using the Holy Lance.  It is very popular in Greece, and I remember seeing it somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere.  I would really appreciate it !

Regards

Emmanuel the MD

You mean the liturgical spear, used to cut the prosphora during the Prothesis?
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline servulus

• Faith: Catechumen
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:57:00 AM by servulus »

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
Welcome to the forum, Emmanuel!

Offline Elpidophoros

• Elder
Re: Blessing of the Holy Lance in Greek and/or English- Does Anyone Know it?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 02:41:55 PM »