OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 08:33:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's interesting  (Read 1905 times) Average Rating: 0
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« on: February 25, 2003, 08:22:49 PM »

I think it's interesting how a thread can dissappear, and then another thread can suddenly appear, and with these two simple actions the TRUTH gets turned on its head. Let's say, for instance, that someone thought something insenstive and juvenile was funny, but then after being convicted of it, not only tried to erase the evidence of his immaturity, but posted a thread that made him look like the level-headed moderator he wants himself to be. That way, if any members of another forum or two come to this site, said moderator will look like he's sticking up for them (when in reality he was in on the "joke" from the start). What would we call such a person? A hypocrite perhaps? Immature? Unable to handle shame? Prideful?

God knows.

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 08:26:47 PM »

I think it's interesting how a thread can dissappear, and then another thread can suddenly appear, and with these two simple actions the TRUTH gets turned on its head. Let's say, for instance, that someone thought something insenstive and juvenile was funny, but then after being convicted of it, not only tried to erase the evidence of his immaturity, but posted a thread that made him look like the level-headed moderator he wants himself to be. That way, if any members of another forum or two come to this site, said moderator will look like he's sticking up for them (when in reality he was in on the "joke" from the start). What would we call such a person? A hypocrite perhaps? Immature? Unable to handle shame? Prideful?

God knows.

Paradosis (Justin), what specifically are you talking about?  Could you cite a few actual examples?

Hypo-Ortho
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 10:10:28 PM »

Dear Justin,

It seems to me that some might conclude from your post that it was someone other than I who posted that picture, so I'm writing merely to set the record straight; it was I.

Rather than wasting time and bandwidth here talking about my faults, perhaps you'd like to contact me privately.  I can be reached at 919-549-1830: I look forward to hearing from you...maybe we can even compare notes.    

Thanks,
Bobby
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 01:25:55 AM »

Justin,

What's interesting is that you are butting into this.  What else is interesting is that you are posting things without getting the facts straight.

Robert posted the pic on YC.  I thought it was slightly funny at the time, due to the fact that I and 5 other members of this forum were unjustly banned from that forum by the rude moderator there.  I did at the time say thought that it was "probably in bad taste."  Upon further reflection I began to think that actually, what Robert did was stupid.

Unfortunately, it had appeared elsewhere, due to a copycat troll.  It appeared one place where I frequent and where I really like the people and the discussions.  So I had to assure them that I had nothing to do with posting on their site, and that it did not represent OC.net.  In fact, I was horrified that it was appearing all over the net because I was friendly with the moderator of that site and was trying to provide a non-polemical witness to the Roman Catholics, and that might have ruined the experience.

Robert erased the first post linking to the YC pic, and I posted the second thread decrying the picture and stating that OC.net (which *I* own the domain name to, even though Robert and Mor Ephrem contribute to the site financially) does not support it.  There was no attempt to sucker any other site's posters into believing that we were pulling something over on them because we weren't.  What I posted was the truth.  The most you can accuse us of is that one Administrator (Robert) acted outside of his offical capacity and the other Administrator (Anastasios) had to fix his mistake.

As far as us being prideful, shameful, immature, etc.; I am sure we are guilty of that, I am glad that Christians can confess their sins, and now that you have examined our faults I encourage you to reexamine yourself as well.

anastasios
« Last Edit: February 26, 2003, 01:39:50 AM by anastasios » Logged

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 02:04:57 AM »

It was a 25% funny/75% dumb prank.  It happened, Robert apologised, the offending photo was taken down.  I consider the matter closed.  

BTW, that same ratio is often found with films involving this guy:

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2003, 03:19:33 AM »

I withdraw all comments I've made over the last 3 months on this forum, including the first post on this thread. I have no other possible thing to say other than I'm sorry and I hope you will forgive me.

Maybe some day I'll mature a bit.

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2003, 06:19:18 AM »

Maybe some day I'll mature a bit.
I'll probably still be saying this when I'm eighty. Chin up mate. Its unlikely that anyone here hasn't done the same thing. The good thing about failing occasionally is that is has a wonderful humbling effect on our lives, keeps pride in its place.

God bless, John.
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2003, 10:41:54 AM »

John said it very well.  That is the way of Christians.  We fall down...we get up...repeat ad infinitum until our beatification. Smiley

I know I say something stupid at least thrice a day.  I hope everyone will please forgive me for my many faults.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2003, 12:26:35 PM »

I am real glad that we got this settled.  I just hate controversy.  Archbishop Anastasios of Albania, who befriended the nationalist first prime minister of Albania who tried to get him kicked out of the country, said "we as Christians can never have enemies."

Have mercy on us, O Lord!

anastasios

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: