Author Topic: The apostle Paul - An enemy of life  (Read 5417 times)

Offline Alkis

• All things therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do unto you, even so do ye also unto them: for this is the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Constantinople
Re: The apostle Paul - An enemy of life
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2017, 07:11:09 PM »
I meant to build a bridge between Him and men hahaha I confused the verbs. :p He created men because He wants to share His love, His  glory, His light with us because God is love. He made the world for our glorification. For our pleasure. For our deification. He is everything for us. We don't exist without Him. He is also a "consuming fire". In fire the gold becomes brighter. The wood is burnt. So it depends on our choice how we will receive the flame of God. We commune with Him and be united with Him through His Son and in His Spirit. And if we sin we can still find our reconciliation with our Creator through His Body and Blood. We are to get dressed with that heavenly body. We are to be a trhone and temple of God. We are to participate in His glory and light. And so many other things ....
And what if I find the weight of evil now to not jusitfy him and his kingdom in his omnipotence? What if I consider NOTHING to justify Aushwitz, and that to try and make a justification of it based on future bliss and torment is not just untenable, but morally reprehensible? Because I do.
I didn't understand exactly what you said. Evil is not an existence. It is not eternal. It is just the lack of good, the lack of God. And this is due to our free will and logic. Love isn't compalsive. That 's why our Creator made us according to His image and likeness.  If He forced me to do good so how could I love Him? To have a relationship with someone you must choose it. You are not forced to do it. To become a child of God you must choose it.
I dont find heaven worth it because of things like Auschwitz.
Of course I am FORCED without a choice. Everything else is an excuse. Sure I can make the fatal mistake to stumble when I shouldnt and cause nu damnation, but he who really caused it was he who forced me in to existence and then forces me to love him for it. "No no! You have the wonderful gift of choice! You are not forceeed to love him and hos failure, you can also choose HELL, a burning fire if unending tortures. You see, God loves you so much"
What a joke. I havent found one single human who can answer my question why I should accept this absurdity when I have even agreed to be cast in to this game.

There are not tortures. This isn't the teaching of the Church of Christ. Hell is our failure to surpass the nil. If you don't want to have relationship with God then don't worship and love Him. You are free to do it. For us it is ingraditude to refuse our Maker. It is the same as if you refuse your parents that brought you into existence and brought you up. God at the Last Judgement will still embrace you out of His love but you will not be ready to feel and receive His love. This is hell. To suffer at God's presence.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 07:14:21 PM by Alkis »
For You keep my lamp burning; Lord my God You illumine my darkness. (Psalm 17:29)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2017, 07:13:50 PM »
You are asking us to believe your opinion of Paul rather than Jesus' and Peter's opinion of Paul.  That's just stupid.  It's not an abdication of Christianity to call anti-Christian ideas stupid.  It's the truth. 
You can't possibly believe that Acts quotes Jesus, or Peter wrote II Peter :-)

Why not?
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2017, 07:14:15 PM »
Let us say I only Said one of these two things:
1. I prefer Kierkegaard to Paul
2. I prefer Kierkegaard to Paul because I am certain he har far more insight about the human nature and that he cm teach a man more.

Would any of these two statements make me an idolater according to you?

Yes.
One or both?

Both.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2017, 07:17:11 PM »
I am not saying that they are not good men, i had say that they are influenced by the culture they lived in. So we shouldn't accept all the writing. That is the whey we read the writing of them, this writing are not from God they are the experience of Paul with God.

Certainly we have to understand them in their context, but that doesn't mean we are free to disregard anything we feel is not compatible with our context.

For me now for exemple i don't consider one as a true christian today if he is against social right, gender right, homosexual right and the full equality between men and women in the church.

What is "social right"? 

What is "gender right"?

What is "homosexual right"? 

What is "full equality between men and women in the church"?

I think you know what i meant.

No, I really don't.

For the last one having women priest, women patriarch and women pope.

If this is required for you to consider someone a "true Christian", not even the apostles would be considered "true Christians". 

Offline AlioshaKaramazov

• Faith: Inquiring
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2017, 07:21:21 PM »

Offline youssef

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2017, 07:36:03 PM »
I am not saying that they are not good men, i had say that they are influenced by the culture they lived in. So we shouldn't accept all the writing. That is the whey we read the writing of them, this writing are not from God they are the experience of Paul with God.

Certainly we have to understand them in their context, but that doesn't mean we are free to disregard anything we feel is not compatible with our context.

For me now for exemple i don't consider one as a true christian today if he is against social right, gender right, homosexual right and the full equality between men and women in the church.

What is "social right"? 

What is "gender right"?

No, I really don't.

If this is required for you to consider someone a "true Christian", not even the apostles would be considered "true Christians".

It is a consideration in 2017. not in the first century.

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2017, 07:39:22 PM »

What is "social right"? 

What is "gender right"?

No, I really don't.

That may have been the case six minutes ago, but everything has changed since then.

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
Re: The apostle Paul - An enemy of lifestyle
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2017, 07:40:26 PM »
THis thread is outrageous. how much crap gets promoted on this site sometimes? I know I am being mean so I will probably get banned while this crisp goes on. So ban me ban me ban me!

Acting like a child should go in the Superfluous or Random Postings threads.
IYeah,   Well it gets s little tiring too well maybe you will report me as well?
Antiochian OC NA

Beware the wrath of the guardians of "love."

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2017, 07:47:42 PM »
2. I prefer Kierkegaard to Paul because I am certain he had far more insight about the human nature and that he can teach a man more.

Yes, and it makes you an enemy of life.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »
THis thread is outrageous. how much crap gets promoted on this site sometimes? I know I am being mean so I will probably get banned while this crisp goes on. So ban me ban me ban me!

IYeah,   Well it gets s little tiring too well maybe you will report me as well?
I see what you did there.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »
I don't like many of the writing of Paul. For me i look to the writing of Paul, the apostal writing and the act of the apostal full of influence from the culture they live in we shouldn't take all this writing seriously.

Acts 9

10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Anani′as. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Anani′as.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for a man of Tarsus named Saul; for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen a man named Anani′as come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” 13 But Anani′as answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to thy saints at Jerusalem; 14 and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call upon thy name.” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel; 16 for I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.”

II Peter 3

15 And count the forbearance of our Lord as salvation. So also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures.

^People who are not beebert or youssef.
You are at least good at showing a Christian's true face.

No, I'm not.  If you knew anything about Christianity that was true, that would be evident. 

You are asking us to believe your opinion of Paul rather than Jesus' and Peter's opinion of Paul.  That's just stupid.  It's not an abdication of Christianity to call anti-Christian ideas stupid.  It's the truth. 

I like Kierkegaard because he is honest at least with what it means to be a christian, and proves the complete insanity of the God a Christian believes in and what insanely mental tortures one must endure in his name without ever being certain of anything

Ah, yes.  Jesus doesn't know anything about Christianity, but Kierkegaard does.
"Jesus doesn't know anything about Christianity, but Kierkegaard does"

One main difference out of many between me and Kierkegaard is probably that he loved Jesus; while I find the Jesus of the gospels to be human all too human to use a classical term. He is in many ways terrible news and a contradictory, angry and scary figure. But my main problem is Paul. Of Course I prefer Kierkegaard to Paul and even to Jesus as presented by most christians.

Enjoy your idolatry, I guess.
2. I prefer Kierkegaard to Paul because I am certain he had far more insight about the human nature and that he can teach a man more.

If you say there are  four elctrons in a hydrogen atom, or that Hector is not in the Iliad it signals that you aren't to be taken seriously.  The same goes with these kind of spiritual /religious / historical decontextualizations.  It just shows the person is trying to use something to justify his self indulgence, and he is clinging to these things because they are easier for him to latch onto and attack in his mind rather than other endeavors of life. 

This is one reason why teenagers cling to silly little german philosophers, mysticisms, subjectivity, jargon words, and "Art" and activisms that makes no sense.  Millennials as a general rule should not be into any of this stuff until they are 40 if they wish to be taken seriously.  If you think it takes work to be a doctor or a lawyer or make a bridge, it takes even more work to hold such opinions.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2017, 08:05:14 PM »

There's a very simple problem with this site -- good people are tempted to come here to learn to know other good people who are Orthodox Christians. It's a very simple and forgivable mistake, so lay off. All the rotten souls here -- like yours -- could be spending your time sucking the human waste at places like Reddit. If you choose to come here and masquerade, that's your sin -- don't blame the naive for being surprised.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
This won't even get you a warning. You gotta step up your game a bit more if you want a ban.
God bless!

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2017, 08:15:24 PM »
Regrettably this thread caught my eye during dinner break on my night shift job. Regrettably, I also try to avoid BBtianity threads, but they are rather pervasive. I do not want to ban anyone or snap but that I did. Lord, forgive me of my sins.
Antiochian OC NA

Beware the wrath of the guardians of "love."

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »
Wait a sec...is the name of this thread claiming Paul is an enemy of life, or lifestyle?  Lifestyle would be kind of funny. 

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »

What is "social right"? 

What is "gender right"?

No, I really don't.

And here we see a very explicit example of why the Roman Catholic Church is sliding right down the crapper.
God bless!

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2017, 08:19:20 PM »
This won't even get you a warning. You gotta step up your game a bit more if you want a ban.

I also think it should be expected.  As low of an opinion as I hold of this post, it should be stymied.  We aren't salafists, and our symbol is a cross.  Asking for something like this to be silenced is not a good habit to get into.  The OP is simply expressing his ideas, and I think well within the framework of something this site is meant to handle.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:20:27 PM by William T »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »
Beebert, there's no way for anybody to respond to your posts in any meaningful way, when -- as always -- you offer no citations or examples. You don't show in St. Paul where he hates man and contradicts Christ; you don't show in Christ where he contradicts St. Paul or takes your side of things; you don't show from any sources where God does to man the things of which you accuse him; and you don't even cite Kierkegaard for your claims about him. Now, I know that what you're writing is vague slander drawn from high fancy and littered with emotional adjectives to lend it a facade of substance, but I can do little more than aver this, when you refuse to offer substance. Consider yourself disproved by yourself. As for the general subject, which is really just what is to be done about your perpetual, dismal, nasal weeping on subjects of no value except to impress yourself with yourself's assumption of the exceptionalism of yourself -- what an argument in favor of giving a young boy a good spanking sometimes, as unfashionable as it is to say so.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2017, 08:20:59 PM »
Wait a sec...is the name of this thread claiming Paul is an enemy of life, or lifestyle?  Lifestyle would be kind of funny.

As tho you of all middling minds would have a clue of the difference.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »
Even though Beebert wasn't very explicit and might even get a few things wrong about Paul, the contradictions between Paul and other traditions fossilized in the NT have long been noted and required some creative hermeneutics .
She hears, upon that water without sound,
A voice that cries, “The tomb in Palestine
Is not the porch of spirits lingering.
It is the grave of Jesus, where he lay.”
We live in an old chaos of the sun,
Or old dependency of day and night,
Or island solitude, unsponsored, free,
Of that wide water, inescapable.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2017, 08:31:34 PM »
Even though Beebert wasn't very explicit and might even get a few things wrong about Paul, the contradictions between Paul and other traditions fossilized in the NT have long been noted and required some creative hermeneutics .

You've provided no substance here. Not even one reference. You want attention, and you want to multiply your sins.

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »

There's a very simple problem with this site -- good people are tempted to come here to learn to know other good people who are Orthodox Christians. It's a very simple and forgivable mistake, so lay off. All the rotten souls here -- like yours -- could be spending your time sucking the human waste at places like Reddit. If you choose to come here and masquerade, that's your sin -- don't blame the naive for being surprised.

+1 I hate Reddit. Otherwise good advice.
Facts unloading, please to wait

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »

You've provided no substance here. Not even one reference. You want attention, and you want to multiply your sins.
Say James and the Apocalypse are both anti-Pauline.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2017, 08:48:14 PM »
I can see agnosticism on what writings could be attributed to the man, Augustin, but everything else re: marcionism seems like unfounded speculation
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:48:39 PM by NicholasMyra »
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'Animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »

Say James and the Apocalypse are both anti-Pauline.
How so?
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »

What is "social right"? 

What is "gender right"?

No, I really don't.

That's a dumb argument.  Women--O marvelous wonder!--existed in the first century and exercised religious leadership roles in the religions of the Gentiles who, then as now, formed the vast majority of the Church membership when they converted.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2017, 09:21:52 PM »
I can see agnosticism on what writings could be attributed to the man, Augustin, but everything else re: marcionism seems like unfounded speculation

Are you beside yourself? He puts his own name at the top of every letter. He has one of the most unique writing styles in Greek literature. All you bright boys have one choice: serve God or serve the Father of Lies. Your problem is you imagine a third choice: serve your ego. That's a bitter laugh on you.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2017, 09:29:01 PM »

Are you beside yourself? He puts his own name at the top of every letter. He has one of the most unique writing styles in Greek literature. All you bright boys have one choice: serve God or serve the Father of Lies. Your problem is you imagine a third choice: serve your ego. That's a bitter laugh on you.
The same can be said about the apostle's correspondence with Seneca if those are irrefutable proofs of authenticity.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2017, 09:30:28 PM »

thars how I imagine a salsfist sounds defending the holy Quran btw :-)

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:46:15 PM by nothing »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2017, 09:58:26 PM »

The same can be said about the apostle's correspondence with Seneca if those are irrefutable proofs of authenticity.

You find those letters authentic? Really? Please detail how.

thars how I imagine a salsfist sounds defending the holy Quran btw :-)

That's what I know a poster who's here for negative attention sounds like.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:07 PM »

Oh please with the pearl clutching. You want crap that gets promoted, on the splash page last year there was this ridiculous article that argued all Orthodox must vote for Trump or they would be in opposition to Orthodox doctrine. That's worse for inquirers to see than what's posted in this thread, which shouldn't take the faithful much effort to discredit. I don't take augustin717 seriously in this thread and I have a hunch he doesn't either. beebert is currently having fun in his Nietzschean sandbox, but he'll grow out of it.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2017, 10:44:48 PM »

Oh please with the pearl clutching. You want crap that gets promoted, on the splash page last year there was this ridiculous article that argued all Orthodox must vote for Trump or they would be in opposition to Orthodox doctrine. That's worse for inquirers to see than what's posted in this thread, which shouldn't take the faithful much effort to discredit. I don't take augustin717 seriously in this thread and I have a hunch he doesn't either. beebert is currently having fun in his Nietzschean sandbox, but he'll grow out of it.

Oh yes go on a Christian forum posting as a Christian and use abuse that assumes morals are mockable. That makes sense. Or perhaps you should stop and consider what you're all about. If you hate what's right, if you loathe what's good, if you lap up what's vile, if you gorge on what's false, then what are you? What are you? Who are you? What's the point of you? What's your point? You can't hide.

Offline Ainnir

• OC.net guru
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2017, 10:50:02 PM »

We can apparently change the thread title when we reply, I think recentconvert did it first.  Threw me for a minute.  I thought it was funny as well.   8)

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2017, 10:51:50 PM »
Oh yes go on a Christian forum posting as a Christian and use abuse that assumes morals are mockable. That makes sense. Or perhaps you should stop and consider what you're all about. If you hate what's right, if you loathe what's good, if you lap up what's vile, if you gorge on what's false, then what are you? What are you? Who are you? What's the point of you? What's your point? You can't hide.
What in the world are you talking about?

I was just saying getting so easily upset over this thread is pretty silly. Nothing beebert posted should cause an Orthodox faithful to stumble. If you don't like what's posted, don't engage it. Let the mods take care of problem threads.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2017, 10:53:15 PM »
What in the world are you talking about?

I was just saying getting so easily upset over this thread is pretty silly. Nothing beebert posted should cause an Orthodox faithful to stumble. If you don't like what's posted, don't engage it. Let the mods take care of problem threads.

Beat a predictable retreat from my post, yes, but not from my questions.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2017, 10:57:51 PM »
OK, your sudden adherence to Nietzschean nihilism kind of proves what I always imagined about this kind of faith: just made up vitality to hide fear. I hope you get alright.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:58:26 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2017, 10:59:25 PM »

If you want the answer to your questions you can look back in my post history, probably starting from May and onward.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2017, 11:05:32 PM »

If you want the answer to your questions you can look back in my post history, probably starting from May and onward.

You're the one who needs to know the answer.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »
I already know and I also know I don't need to answer to you.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
Re: The apostle Paul - a composite literary character
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2017, 11:11:57 PM »

I'm not dogmatic about it but things are far less settled when you look at them from the angle I'm looking at now.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
Re: The apostle Paul - a composite literary character
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2017, 11:17:52 PM »
I'm not dogmatic about it but things are far less settled when you look at them from the angle I'm looking at now.
What texts or books are you reading? I might be interested too.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2017, 11:38:13 PM »

As tho you of all middling minds would have a clue of the difference.

You know what they say: middling mind, big...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:38:38 PM by William T »

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2017, 11:43:23 PM »
I already know and I also know I don't need to answer to you.

I think porter is in one of his cranky "catcher in the rye" moods right now.   Best just to let him go on until he eats his pudding cup, to settle his fussiness  or whatever it is he does until he settles him down

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2017, 12:41:28 AM »
nothing and William T make this thread alright.  :D
God bless!