Author Topic: The apostle Paul - An enemy of life  (Read 5436 times)

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
Re: The apostle Paul - An enemy of lifestyle
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »
THis thread is outrageous. how much crap gets promoted on this site sometimes? I know I am being mean so I will probably get banned while this crisp goes on. So ban me ban me ban me!

Oh please with the pearl clutching. You want crap that gets promoted, on the splash page last year there was this ridiculous article that argued all Orthodox must vote for Trump or they would be in opposition to Orthodox doctrine. That's worse for inquirers to see than what's posted in this thread, which shouldn't take the faithful much effort to discredit. I don't take augustin717 seriously in this thread and I have a hunch he doesn't either. beebert is currently having fun in his Nietzschean sandbox, but he'll grow out of it.
   I have no idea what you are even talking about. I did not post any threads telling anybody how to vote. Maybe you clutch your pearls too much.
Antiochian OC NA

Beware the wrath of the guardians of "love."

Offline Jackson02

• Lord have mercy on me a sinner
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOC-A
Re: The apostle Paul - An enemy of life
« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2017, 09:44:50 PM »
What's the point in trying to find the "historical Paul" or the "historical Jesus"? You'll always turn up empty handed.
IC XC
NI KA

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #407 on: August 07, 2017, 10:18:39 PM »
So both mor ephrem and Peter O'doran (the greatest Expletive removed --Mina on this forum) are unwilling to help me as soon as I ask seriously for it and pose some honest things?

Dear beebert,

In this post you committed two offenses:  expletive and ad hominem.  The last time you got an ad hominem you received 30% penalty.  I'm going to now add 40% penalty, which puts you in post-moderation. 

Next time think and breathe and pause before you post.

Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Übermensch
  • Jurisdiction: Nietzsche
« Reply #408 on: August 08, 2017, 05:50:11 AM »
"Be ye therefore perfect ... be the children of your Father which is in heaven, for he ... sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." "Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father is merciful."

"To whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required." "But he that knew not, [of him little]."

"Pray: Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors."

"I say unto thee: Her sins, which are many, are forgiven for she loved much."

Joyfully adjust your understanding of God by these words from his Son.

It is my fairly strong opinion that, if we fail not to enjoy God in his beautiful works, and fail not to forgive others kindly -- throughout our lives -- that then surely we shall be saved.

So Peter O'Doran, here are quotes that I understand in the following way;

"Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in
the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by
the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.... Not many wise
men after the flesh, not men mighty, not many noble are called: But
God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;
and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things
which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are
despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to
nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence."

Against those who seek knowledge? Against the spirit of an Aristotle and a Socrates? A Buddha and a Lao Tzu? Against an Einstein and a Newton? We are fortunate that MOST of us havent really understood the psychology behind these words of the wise Paul... It seems like nothing but projection here. He was "learned and wise", now finally he could do away with the suffering that brings and send his old self projected on all learned People around him to hell. Now this is different psychology than when Jesus rejoices that God Only reveals himself to he who is like a child. Because for Jesus, an Einstein and a Socrates was a child in his quest and hunger for knowledge and wisdom. Life as Jesus saw it was already HERE, it was finally a celebration of life. He abolished guilt and torments of conscience. Paul made these things worse, and it is rather his words that led to the trial of Galileo Galilei etc. Didnt the Church understand that in Christ's words, THEY were the "learned" and Galilei was the child?! Not so with Paul and the catholic church. "Not many noble are called"... So not all are called?

"Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? And if the world
shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?"

?!?!?! What? Shall the Saints, an Aquinas etc. Judge the world? Men who rejoice in seeing noble People in hell without even knowing what noble means? People who rejoice in seeing a "wise " man being judged by a "foolish" man? And yet, in reality the foolish have been like the "learned" and the noble (an Einstein etc) have been like a child.
'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil' (Exodus 23:2)

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #409 on: August 08, 2017, 05:56:52 AM »
"Know ye not
that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this
life?"...

It gets worse. This seems like the height of immodesty. I can't even imagine seeing a Paul at some throne judging a Beethoven... That will not look good. And now angels too? This man most really have thought that he was the centre of the universe...

So these are examples that I react against. There is no sense of life in the present in a man like Paul.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #410 on: August 09, 2017, 11:28:32 AM »
“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

Who is the man behind these words? And evangelical pastor and advisor to Trump. A typical example of what Paul's Words can lead to.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #411 on: August 10, 2017, 04:48:21 AM »
I found this yesterday, something great. And I agree with almost if not all the quotes listed:

http://30ce.com/paulstatements.htm

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #412 on: August 12, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »
I found this yesterday, something great. And I agree with almost if not all the quotes listed:

Ignorant and stupid comments from a motley assortment of pagans, slave owners, adulterers, and other heroes.  Of course you agree with them.
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2017, 03:01:56 PM »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #414 on: August 12, 2017, 04:30:25 PM »

Yes, it's been quite the popular fallacy. Going back to the English Sceptics at least. As it turns out, such influential figures had no use for Christ, either. But the attack had to take place in stages, since millions of foolish normal people loved their Lord and their church. At this time -- our time, called the post-human time -- the hatred stands naked and is directed even against nature and the human being. You have found those who could save you from all this modern horror and even reveal the warm love of the Apostle for you, to you -- the ancient Church of Christ. But instead your heart lures you to destruction, enchanted by lies as long as they sing a certain tone which you crave for some reason. Lord, have mercy.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #415 on: August 13, 2017, 04:34:49 AM »

Yes, it's been quite the popular fallacy. Going back to the English Sceptics at least. As it turns out, such influential figures had no use for Christ, either. But the attack had to take place in stages, since millions of foolish normal people loved their Lord and their church. At this time -- our time, called the post-human time -- the hatred stands naked and is directed even against nature and the human being. You have found those who could save you from all this modern horror and even reveal the warm love of the Apostle for you, to you -- the ancient Church of Christ. But instead your heart lures you to destruction, enchanted by lies as long as they sing a certain tone which you crave for some reason. Lord, have mercy.
Are your sure you don't by "lord have mercy" mean "Lord please destroy him"? As Mor probably also thinks? As the following indicates: "But instead your heart lures you to destruction". What is this love you talk about? The love that made Paul talk about God's wrath and his support for the evil state? Donald Trump, how did he get his power according to Paul? And on top of that: What is meant by a natural or moral law from God? Look at the nature... We know the Church Fathers(most of them) were exteremly wrong in claiming that there was no physical death before the fall(at least as they understood it), that the earth is 5000-6000 years old, that before the fall the lion was friend with the sheep etc. Nature is cruel, period. At least if one has a "christian moral conscience". Nature is indifferent, wasteful, just as much destructive as creative, murderous, etc. Christians says this is because of the fall, which we know is a big fat lie. That is, Christian theologians have(knowingly or unknowingly) wanted to blame the whole cosmic tragedy on mankind. A wolf killing a sheep? Man's fault. A shark eating a fish? Man's fault. A snake eating a mouse? Man's fault... So does God wants us to go against this "morally beautiful" nature he created? See nature as a work of art and sure, it might be said to be beautiful. But moral? ... Nature itself is then beyond good and evil. So we shall be anti-nature according to christianity... But it is obvious: The Fathers in their fantasies claimed that there was no animal death before Adam ate the apple... Aha! No cell-death either then? What about the apple then? We know for sure that this view is wrong. Death and destruction has been a part of life since life began, long before human beings were evolved, so at least the majority of the Church Fathers were extremely wrong here. Plenty of christian theologians talk as if man is the corrupter of nature, in that he makes wolves, tigers and bears into murderers, and not only this: Man is also collectively guilty for hanging a man who lived 2000 years ago on the cross! We are all born as murderers and destroyers of nature! And most of us will be damned to hell! And life is a good thing? Marriage is supported? To willingly avoid having children in marriage is a sin? And then we have the hope of immortality. As a REWARD. Reward?! To talk about reward and punishment and call it good news is in itself a parody. Also, the Christian religion has hesitated on accepting evolution as a scientifically established fact. Though it is a fact and should be accepted without a christian losing faith. Christ was first of all Truth. A christian shouldnt lie. However, the philosophical interpretations that has been given of evolution had failed to see the importance of duration and hence missed the very uniqueness of life. So you have all right to question materialists.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:19:47 AM by beebert »

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #416 on: August 13, 2017, 04:38:25 AM »

Ignorant and stupid comments from a motley assortment of pagans, slave owners, adulterers, and other heroes.  Of course you agree with them.
Of course you would say that. Because you know them all, just as you know Paul made no mistakes after his salvation. Now, which of the three different stories about how his salvation took place are we supposed to trust? Is Paul the savior of men? Is he a needed mediator between me and Jesus?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:43:25 AM by beebert »