Author Topic: The apostle Paul - An enemy of life  (Read 5416 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
Re: The apostle Paul - An enemy of lifestyle
« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2017, 01:59:42 PM »
Oh yes go on a Christian forum posting as a Christian and use abuse that assumes morals are mockable. That makes sense. Or perhaps you should stop and consider what you're all about. If you hate what's right, if you loathe what's good, if you lap up what's vile, if you gorge on what's false, then what are you? What are you? Who are you? What's the point of you? What's your point? You can't hide.
What in the world are you talking about?

I was just saying getting so easily upset over this thread is pretty silly. Nothing beebert posted should cause an Orthodox faithful to stumble. If you don't like what's posted, don't engage it. Let the mods take care of problem threads.

Letting the mods take care of problem threads is a good idea, and if anyone is concerned about where a thread is going, they can report it to the moderators for review and express their concerns.   

That said, I would like to take issue with the idea that "Nothing beebert posted should cause an Orthodox faithful to stumble".  While this may be true in the sense that "Nothing beebert posted should cause an Orthodox faithful to struggle about matters of faith", I consider "stumbling" to be a more all-inclusive idea, and in that sense, yes, much of what he wrote causes one to stumble.  The OP contains numerous claims:

1.  Paul is opposed to the fundamental spirit of Christ
2.  Honest people must choose between the two, implying that those who accept both are somehow fundamentally dishonest
3.  The Church chose Paul, meaning the Church chose "not Christ" ("antichrist"?)
4.  Christianity is an abusive, destructive, life-hating religion
5.  Paul is an enemy of life
6.  Paul's teaching has led to more bloodshed than any other human idea
7.  Paul's teaching led to Hitler's death camps, Mengele's experiments, and all other Nazi atrocities
8.  Paul's teaching causes mental illness
9.  Similar things could be said about the apostle John
10.  Paul's teaching persecutes God and has corrupted the world
11.  Even the 10% of Pauline writings beebert likes are still nevertheless lies
12.  Paul is a liar and was deluded, manipulative and filled with a suppressed hatred
13.  Paul's proclamation of the gospel of the crucified and risen Messiah is an "insane circus" and a "schizophrenic muppet show"
14.  God is "ignorant"
15.  A positive assessment of Paul would still require us to admit that Paul was lying about why Jesus died
16.  Jesus' death was a "cultural act of power to cause people to alter their relationship to sacrifice"
17.  Christian teaching is the attempt by men who are more ape than artist to understand and explain man
18.  Christian teaching is about maintaining a hierarchical structure to dominate others

When I reported this thread to the moderator, I only mentioned one or two claims, and neither AFAIK is on this list of eighteen from the OP, which means that I could probably add another two dozen if I went through all of beebert's posts in this thread.  Some of the claims are ludicrous, others unimaginative and stale, but still others are blasphemous and abominable.  They cause to stumble because they are thrown out there as stumbling blocks. 

I would like to believe that these are just so many plaintive cries of a troubled soul looking for God, but God isn't found by opposing him so strenuously and deliberately.  These claims, then, should be opposed, mocked, and exposed, if not for beebert if/when he is ready to hear them, then for the sake of others and for the love of God.  No Orthodox faithful can read any of them and find them acceptable in any way.     
Christians should always be strong enough to not stumble in their faith when someone questions them. Otherwise if they do stumble; the fault seems to be their own. Unless it is a Little Child. Now if you find me a huge problem that is a danger for others; then block me. My intention is not to make you stumble in whatever Faith you have if your faith is honest

You are not questioning.  You are defaming.

There is no word in the English language to express the near-infinite extremity of the fanatical extent to which I agree with Mor's posts on this subject, other than perhaps to declare Mor Ephrem's two responses quoted above to be entirely infallible and devoid of error, expressing and manifesting the Christian heresiological tradition of the Fathers of the Holy Orthodox Church.

If you can set me up with one of your hot friends, we'll call it even. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Übermensch
  • Jurisdiction: Nietzsche
Re: The apostle Paul - An enemy of life
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
. . . all explain the profound things that can be found in the New Testament, but they explain it in a far more profound way. The New Testament explanation is for the less intelligent.
"At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants."  -- Matthew11:25, NASB.
Yes, heaven is empty of interesting people
'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil' (Exodus 23:2)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »
Not that I know of. But if you think he did, I'm always willing to examine any well reasoned argument. I'm not opposed to re-evaluating my position on things.
I believe he did. I find a Christ saying one shall forgive endlessly, and a Paul that seems to make forgiveness very limited and as something that is given in certain circumstances: By God's free and sovereign choice, a ones for all sacrifice , where a slip=Damnation (Hebrews 6 and 10).

Where in those chapters does St. Paul "make forgiveness very limited" and oppose Christ's teaching to forgive? Please do a little work to support yourself. Are you talking about the same Apostle who wrote, "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another even as Christ himself also hath forgiven you"?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
With regards to What I said, it makes no difference. Many of you probably despise me. But many of you enjoy my posts too, so are you going to ban me for a month or so or not? Let us all vote, why not?

You think too much of yourself. 

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
To you Peter O'doran: Also, Tao-Te-Ching, Plato, Baghavad-Gita, all explain the profound things that can be found in the New Testament, but they explain it in a far more profound way. The New Testament explanation is for the less intelligent. Unfortunately; many of these unintelligent Christians try to destroy other religions, and call texts like the upanishads demonic. Those are scroundels.
Now here to my reply:
One may call Christ an anti-politician, because his message was a message to the person, a way to make people get away from worshiping hierarchical structures, People way to get away from collective thinking that so easily results in horrible ideologies. Have you ever seen a sane political party,  group, Collective or ideology? No,  in groups insanity is a rule. Christ came to turn man into an authentic being, a self that meets another authentic self that doesnt hide behind ideas, structures, objective thinking, dogmas etc. You may then if you wish call Jesus a rebel in political terms. Paul? The oppisite, his plan was to revaluate the old values in to new hierarchical structures by introducing a new way of sacrifice, from man sacrificing to The Big Other that they feared, to God sacrificing himself. He wanted numbers, Jesus didnt care about numbers. The Big Other, to use a hegelian term, dies on the cross and man is finally left free from fearing it, and is now left alone in union with the holy spirit that becomes present in the here and now.

"Where did Christ do these? (What even are they?)"

So to that question, the answer is in the cross. God as this big other, this fearful mystery that rules Nature, dies on the cross. God is not active in history. He is only where man resoponds in love to his vulnerable love. Only there is his power and man's freedom. God can not direct history without man cooperating.

So Paul's political program was to make his ideas of eliminanating the law he was incapable of following known to all so they could be spread, while all that he despised could dissappear, if not now then on the last judgement. Psychologically he is quite easy to get. He hated himself because of his incapability to follow the law - because man has not much Free will to brag with - and expressed this hatred by terrorizing Christians. But suddenly he had a vision thanks to an epileptic seizure: He found in Christ's cross a way to rid himself of his tormented feelings of guilt and self-hatred, and his hate turned into" "love" as long as he could project his anger anger externally; on a last judgement and on all who didnt receive his "Good news". At the same time, like a typical human, he wanted all to Believe in his message in order for him to feel more secure in this invention of his.

Sure, Peter wasn't much better than Paul, but less innocent because he was inferior intellectualy. Btw I doubt the authencity of his letters, especially the 2nd.

Where are the quotations and citations you promised? Instead you heap up more fantastic slander for which you again offer no basis. As I said, by this you disprove yourself.

You know like me that Paul stresses man's depravity throghout Romans for example, and Christ saves from this depravity, in his Case the inability to keep the law. Jesus on the other hand demanded time after time that we should DO. Matthew 5-7 is just one example,but Paul turned into  "I can't do without grace", grace being a word I believe Jesus never used. And here, on this complete emphazise on God 's grace, power and sovereign freedom that culminated in predestination, contra man's corruption and innate evil soul, Paul made the feelings of guilt, the extremities between guilt contra forgiveness worse than before Christ. In Jesus, man is still capable of doing and changing the course, in Paul not without an interference from God, or in reality, an epileptic seizure

Thank you for Matthew 5-7, altho  as citations usually go it's a bit broad. It certainly doesn't offer support for the Adirondack claims against St. Paul you go on to give. By the way, in St. Paul's letters positive mentions of deeds, doing, and work appear 46 times (the number would be a good bit higher were we to include words of service). These include While it is in the Evangelists that we read that we read "we have all received grace" and "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ"; not to mention such answers as, No man can receive unless it is given him by my Father.
My aim isnt to Change your faith or view of Paul, so I find wasting time on looking up all biblical atrocities and translate them in to English to be of no use. It would take me hours since there is so much. Christianity is not a religion of love. And Christians are an extra proof for that

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2017, 02:04:23 PM »
With regards to What I said, it makes no difference. Many of you probably despise me. But many of you enjoy my posts too, so are you going to ban me for a month or so or not? Let us all vote, why not?

No. Not according to me. You Think to less of yourself.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »

How so?

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2017, 02:09:27 PM »
Not that I know of. But if you think he did, I'm always willing to examine any well reasoned argument. I'm not opposed to re-evaluating my position on things.
I believe he did. I find a Christ saying one shall forgive endlessly, and a Paul that seems to make forgiveness very limited and as something that is given in certain circumstances: By God's free and sovereign choice, a ones for all sacrifice , where a slip=Damnation (Hebrews 6 and 10).

Where in those chapters does St. Paul "make forgiveness very limited" and oppose Christ's teaching to forgive? Please do a little work to support yourself. Are you talking about the same Apostle who wrote, "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another even as Christ himself also hath forgiven you"?
"as Christ hath forgiven you". You forget his whole system of how one is forgiven by God without any other decision than God's own, by his sovereign grace independent of one's own will. This passage applies to God's "chosen people"

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2017, 02:10:35 PM »

How so?
Because You accuse me of thinking too high of myself
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:10:46 PM by beebert »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »
To you Peter O'doran: Also, Tao-Te-Ching, Plato, Baghavad-Gita, all explain the profound things that can be found in the New Testament, but they explain it in a far more profound way. The New Testament explanation is for the less intelligent. Unfortunately; many of these unintelligent Christians try to destroy other religions, and call texts like the upanishads demonic. Those are scroundels.
Now here to my reply:
One may call Christ an anti-politician, because his message was a message to the person, a way to make people get away from worshiping hierarchical structures, People way to get away from collective thinking that so easily results in horrible ideologies. Have you ever seen a sane political party,  group, Collective or ideology? No,  in groups insanity is a rule. Christ came to turn man into an authentic being, a self that meets another authentic self that doesnt hide behind ideas, structures, objective thinking, dogmas etc. You may then if you wish call Jesus a rebel in political terms. Paul? The oppisite, his plan was to revaluate the old values in to new hierarchical structures by introducing a new way of sacrifice, from man sacrificing to The Big Other that they feared, to God sacrificing himself. He wanted numbers, Jesus didnt care about numbers. The Big Other, to use a hegelian term, dies on the cross and man is finally left free from fearing it, and is now left alone in union with the holy spirit that becomes present in the here and now.

"Where did Christ do these? (What even are they?)"

So to that question, the answer is in the cross. God as this big other, this fearful mystery that rules Nature, dies on the cross. God is not active in history. He is only where man resoponds in love to his vulnerable love. Only there is his power and man's freedom. God can not direct history without man cooperating.

So Paul's political program was to make his ideas of eliminanating the law he was incapable of following known to all so they could be spread, while all that he despised could dissappear, if not now then on the last judgement. Psychologically he is quite easy to get. He hated himself because of his incapability to follow the law - because man has not much Free will to brag with - and expressed this hatred by terrorizing Christians. But suddenly he had a vision thanks to an epileptic seizure: He found in Christ's cross a way to rid himself of his tormented feelings of guilt and self-hatred, and his hate turned into" "love" as long as he could project his anger anger externally; on a last judgement and on all who didnt receive his "Good news". At the same time, like a typical human, he wanted all to Believe in his message in order for him to feel more secure in this invention of his.

Sure, Peter wasn't much better than Paul, but less innocent because he was inferior intellectualy. Btw I doubt the authencity of his letters, especially the 2nd.

Where are the quotations and citations you promised? Instead you heap up more fantastic slander for which you again offer no basis. As I said, by this you disprove yourself.

You know like me that Paul stresses man's depravity throghout Romans for example, and Christ saves from this depravity, in his Case the inability to keep the law. Jesus on the other hand demanded time after time that we should DO. Matthew 5-7 is just one example,but Paul turned into  "I can't do without grace", grace being a word I believe Jesus never used. And here, on this complete emphazise on God 's grace, power and sovereign freedom that culminated in predestination, contra man's corruption and innate evil soul, Paul made the feelings of guilt, the extremities between guilt contra forgiveness worse than before Christ. In Jesus, man is still capable of doing and changing the course, in Paul not without an interference from God, or in reality, an epileptic seizure

Thank you for Matthew 5-7, altho  as citations usually go it's a bit broad. It certainly doesn't offer support for the Adirondack claims against St. Paul you go on to give. By the way, in St. Paul's letters positive mentions of deeds, doing, and work appear 46 times (the number would be a good bit higher were we to include words of service). These include While it is in the Evangelists that we read that we read "we have all received grace" and "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ"; not to mention such answers as, No man can receive unless it is given him by my Father.

My aim isnt to Change your faith or view of Paul,

Then what on earth is your aim?

... so I find wasting time on looking up all biblical atrocities and translate them in to English to be of no use.

The "use" is showing, if possible, that your outrageous attacks aren't pure fabrication. That is, that you're not a malicious liar in this thread.

There would also be the secondary "use," which should interest you, of showing (if possible) that are you are not horribly, laughably, nakedly ignorant of your subject.

... and translate them in to English to be of no use. It would take me hours since there is so much.

Why should I have to point out to you again and again the language-agnostic use of references? You are a gentleman and scholar aren't you? Not a child helpless amid a fit?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2017, 02:12:03 PM »
. . . all explain the profound things that can be found in the New Testament, but they explain it in a far more profound way. The New Testament explanation is for the less intelligent.
"At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants."  -- Matthew11:25, NASB.
Better to be a bore in heaven than interesting in hell.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »

"as Christ hath forgiven you". You forget his whole system of how one is forgiven by God without any other decision than God's own, by his sovereign grace independent of one's own will. This passage applies to God's "chosen people"

If I "forget" it, then you should cause me to remember it by citing this "system" of St. Paul's. As you can't, you won't, and I myself have no knowledge of such a "system" in St. Paul, you simply dismiss yourself as I dismiss you.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
According to St John Chrysostom, Hebrews is arguing that you cannot be baptized a second time. It has nothing to do with being incapable of repentance. Given that he is not confined by our modern arguments and mindsets along with the fact that he would be far more familiar with the idiocincracies of the language, I have no compelling reason to dismiss his contemplation.
God bless!

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
But look at the history of christianity. It has been a pure arm-chair religion compared to hinduism and buddhism

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
According to St John Chrysostom, Hebrews is arguing that you cannot be baptized a second time. It has nothing to do with being incapable of repentance. Given that he is not confined by our modern arguments and mindsets along with the fact that he would be far more familiar with the idiocincracies of the language, I have no compelling reason to dismiss his contemplation.
Yup, Chrysostom was alone in this. And most likely wrong, or Paul (If Paul wrote this epistle which he probably didnt) was hideously bad at making his intention understandable

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2017, 02:17:05 PM »

How so?

How is "You Think to (sic) less of yourself" a response to my observation that you are full of pride?

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2017, 02:17:41 PM »
But look at the history of christianity. It has been a pure arm-chair religion compared to hinduism and buddhism

What is meant by "arm-chair religion"?
Facts unloading, please to wait

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2017, 02:18:37 PM »
I dont agree at all. All those in heaven, without thoughts, imagination and creativity, Will probably suffer more from their boredom in heaven because of their bad imagination; than all creators of Don Quixotes, piano sonatas and poems in hell

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2017, 02:19:44 PM »

People who sit with their degrees in theology and discuss dogmatics all day long

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2017, 02:20:03 PM »
Yup, Chrysostom was alone in this. And most likely wrong, or Paul (If Paul wrote this epistle which he probably didnt) was hideously bad at making his intention understandable
Interesting. Given that there is this massive multi-millennial scheme that you have uncovered and exposed, what is the philosophical foundation on which you put your feet? What is the basis of your morality? Even Nietzsche had problems with this. His solution is that nihilism will solves all these problems then Poof! Master Morality and all that.
God bless!

Offline Schultz

• Christian. Guitarist. Scooterist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
  • Taxiarches
  • Scion of the McKeesport Becks.
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2017, 02:21:03 PM »
This man is the founder of christianity as we know it, there is no doubt about it. Though of course even more so in the west than the East. But this man is opposed to the fundamental spirit of Christ, if Christ is to have anything unique to tell us. And in the end an honest man would have to choose. The church chose Paul, and his teachings in combination with Jesus teaching of eternal damnaion, the most disgusting idea in the history of mankind that makes me say with confidence that this idea is the strongest of all reasons as to why the argument that it would be better if mankind never existed is a tenable one. This most disgusting idea combined with Paul's typically jewish worship of a totalitarian and all-powerful Other, has made christianity in to the abusive, destructive and life-hating religion it today is. Paul has no sense of the infinite worth of a human soul, he is the enemy of life par exelence, and complete honesty would lead the combination of Paul's teaching and Jesus to drive a man mad. This is of course something often find in Christian history, and monsterous crimes such as the inquisition and forced conversions are not phenomenas dependent on the time and era in which they occured, But can be directly traced back to the original texts found in the New Testament. Paul's idea has more blood on its conscience than any other idea in human history. Without him, no inquisition, no reformation, no Karl Marx nor nazism. Without him, mental diseases would be less and so would all other miseries. I Will not get started on John of Patmos, But Paul has corrupted the whole world and is a persecutor of God. I like a maximum of 10 percent of his writings, but believe them to be falseness when I dig deeper. I believe he lied and was deluded, manipulative and filled with a surpressed hatred. His proclamation of the elimination of sacrifice by introducing God who sacrifices himself for the forgiveness of sins under the threat of hell, while the single man who is honest would only stand there asking "What the hell is this insane circus? Why has God even started this insanity, this schizophrenic muppet show?" God is just as ignorant as the sacrifice obsessed humans which went before him. At best he is lying about why Jesus is sacrificed (i.e. that Jesus died as a sacrifice for sins, rather the death being a cultural act of power to cause people to alter their relationship to sacrifice).

Worth and meaning are given without sacrifice, payment or forgiveness. Organized christianity has been a persecutor of God, and dogmatic thought should be abolished. It is all about men not capable to express the truth of man as an artist would, that is, they are too ungifted, like apes who try to imitate men. Sacrifice, punishment, forgiveness and eternal life: These concepts have, when one is brave enough to look deep in to things, been about hierarchy structures and ways to ways to dominate. Without vengeance, revenge and hell, no bliss and heaven. So reasons every follower of Paul.

This couldn't be more genuine BS if the bull defecated into my lap.

You could make good money in Germany if you could do that. ;)
"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »

How so?

How is "You Think to (sic) less of yourself" a response to my observation that you are full of pride?
Because You do not think as high of yourself as I do. I am capable of things only geniuses can pull of and I dont hide it

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »
I dont agree at all. All those in heaven, without thoughts, imagination and creativity, Will probably suffer more from their boredom in heaven because of their bad imagination; than all creators of Don Quixotes, piano sonatas and poems in hell
Suit yourself.  I look forward to spending centuries speaking with them and asking questions.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2017, 02:22:16 PM »
Interesting. Given that there is this massive multi-millennial scheme that you have uncovered and exposed, what is the philosophical foundation on which you put your feet? What is the basis of your morality? Even Nietzsche had problems with this. His solution is that nihilism will solves all these problems then Poof! Master Morality and all that.
Nietzsche a nihilist? Have you read him, really?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »
Yup, Chrysostom was alone in this. And most likely wrong...

Who else commented on these passages from Hebrews?  And what do they argue?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2017, 02:22:51 PM »

People who sit with their degrees in theology and discuss dogmatics all day long
Does this make your belief system the ultimate armchair philosophy since all its followers do nothing but sit on Internet forums arguing about the magical overman that is due to descend on humanity?
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2017, 02:24:50 PM »
This man is the founder of christianity as we know it, there is no doubt about it. Though of course even more so in the west than the East. But this man is opposed to the fundamental spirit of Christ, if Christ is to have anything unique to tell us. And in the end an honest man would have to choose. The church chose Paul, and his teachings in combination with Jesus teaching of eternal damnaion, the most disgusting idea in the history of mankind that makes me say with confidence that this idea is the strongest of all reasons as to why the argument that it would be better if mankind never existed is a tenable one. This most disgusting idea combined with Paul's typically jewish worship of a totalitarian and all-powerful Other, has made christianity in to the abusive, destructive and life-hating religion it today is. Paul has no sense of the infinite worth of a human soul, he is the enemy of life par exelence, and complete honesty would lead the combination of Paul's teaching and Jesus to drive a man mad. This is of course something often find in Christian history, and monsterous crimes such as the inquisition and forced conversions are not phenomenas dependent on the time and era in which they occured, But can be directly traced back to the original texts found in the New Testament. Paul's idea has more blood on its conscience than any other idea in human history. Without him, no inquisition, no reformation, no Karl Marx nor nazism. Without him, mental diseases would be less and so would all other miseries. I Will not get started on John of Patmos, But Paul has corrupted the whole world and is a persecutor of God. I like a maximum of 10 percent of his writings, but believe them to be falseness when I dig deeper. I believe he lied and was deluded, manipulative and filled with a surpressed hatred. His proclamation of the elimination of sacrifice by introducing God who sacrifices himself for the forgiveness of sins under the threat of hell, while the single man who is honest would only stand there asking "What the hell is this insane circus? Why has God even started this insanity, this schizophrenic muppet show?" God is just as ignorant as the sacrifice obsessed humans which went before him. At best he is lying about why Jesus is sacrificed (i.e. that Jesus died as a sacrifice for sins, rather the death being a cultural act of power to cause people to alter their relationship to sacrifice).

Worth and meaning are given without sacrifice, payment or forgiveness. Organized christianity has been a persecutor of God, and dogmatic thought should be abolished. It is all about men not capable to express the truth of man as an artist would, that is, they are too ungifted, like apes who try to imitate men. Sacrifice, punishment, forgiveness and eternal life: These concepts have, when one is brave enough to look deep in to things, been about hierarchy structures and ways to ways to dominate. Without vengeance, revenge and hell, no bliss and heaven. So reasons every follower of Paul.

This couldn't be more genuine BS if the bull defecated into my lap.

You could make good money in Germany if you could do that. ;)

Time to move to Germany so I don't become this guy...

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2017, 02:25:27 PM »

How so?

Because You do not think as high of yourself as I do. I am capable of things only geniuses can pull of and I dont hide it

What kinds of things?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2017, 02:27:29 PM »

Does this make your belief system the ultimate armchair philosophy since all its followers do nothing but sit on Internet forums arguing about the magical overman that is due to descend on humanity?

You can be my magical overman.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2017, 02:27:38 PM »
I didn't say he was. I said he thought it would solves these problems. For him, it is the caustic acid that will dissolve away all these current slave moralities and allow the master morality to appear. If you are going to discuss Nietzsche, you need to step up your game a bit. You seem to have a hard time comprehending basic explanations of his philosophy. I note you also didn't answer my question.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:29:14 PM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2017, 02:28:01 PM »

How so?

What kinds of things?

“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »

What is said of course. Read Aquinas(that hideous monster), Augustine, Tertullian (Another monster).

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2017, 02:29:53 PM »

How so?

What kinds of things?

If I could create an OCNet gated community, I'd want you to live there. 

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2017, 02:30:05 PM »

No. I am about to develop a philosophy. Christianity has thus far prevented me from everything called living except eating, sleeping, pee and poop
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:30:50 PM by beebert »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2017, 02:33:05 PM »
This is why it is hard to take you seriously. You rattle off a bunch of names with no sources, and then when someone points out that maybe you just misunderstood something, it's off to a new list of names. That isn't a discussion, that is just baiting. Why don't you take a passage, any passage, and provide a cogent argument that that passage means what you are interpreting it to mean. Show how historical Christianity believed what you claim it believed.
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2017, 02:33:20 PM »

What is said of course.

That's not a real answer.

Read Aquinas(that hideous monster), Augustine, Tertullian (Another monster).

This is also not a real answer.  What should I read? 

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2017, 02:34:41 PM »
Christianity has thus far prevented me from everything called living except eating, sleeping, pee and poop

At least you're enjoying regular sex, you're doing better than many of us.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2017, 02:35:05 PM »
I am about to develop a philosophy. Christianity has thus far prevented me from everything called living except eating, sleeping, pee and poop

You got 99 problems, and hiring a glamorous assistant might just help solve a good bunch of them.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »

No. I am about to develop a philosophy. Christianity has thus far prevented me from everything called living except eating, sleeping, pee and poop
;D

Let me know how that turns out. I'm super excited to hear it!
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2017, 02:37:25 PM »
Christianity has thus far prevented me from everything called living except eating, sleeping, pee and poop

At least you're enjoying regular sex, you're doing better than many of us.

Cheer up, Brian!

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »
I didn't say he was. I said he thought it would solves these problems. For him, it is the caustic acid that will dissolve away all these current slave moralities and allow the master morality to appear. If you are going to discuss Nietzsche, you need to step up your game a bit. You seem to have a hard time comprehending basic explanations of his philosophy. I note you also didn't answer my question.
It probably would solve many problems, if Only we could first follow the most difficult task through; to stop fearing a beyond-the-grave-punishment that goes on forever

It makes me MAD how anyone could be so inhumane and monstrous as to accept this most hideous doctrine, that makes Stalin look innocent in comparsion, as true. Tell me: How can ANY sin, or let us first begin with an unrepented, in the big total, small sin of doing Everything to live ethically(say follow the ethics of Aristotle) while not believing in Christ, send one to the eternal flames? Tell me seriously how you reason

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »

Methinks the Christians in India and SE Asia would take offense  more acutely than we do, considering the suffering they've had at the hands of the Hindus and Buddhists.
I don't typically presume to speak for Mor
You can presume to speak for Mor.  

How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
I don't know what lies beyond the grave for the ungodly. I don't believe in anything similar to your characterization though.
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2017, 02:44:01 PM »

Methinks the Christians in India and SE Asia would take offense  more acutely than we do, considering the suffering they've had at the hands of the Hindus and Buddhists.

You win a cupcake (non-Lenten, but you can eat it anyway in the name of hospitality). 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:44:15 PM by Mor Ephrem »

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »
I am about to develop a philosophy.

This seems to be the highly unfortunate rallying cry of many younger people today.  It could be worse.  By my standards the decline of  quality in an already dubious mindset would look like this:

"You Jerk I'm going to do an analysis /empirical study of you" > "You jerk I'm gonna write about you in my next book!" >  "You Jerk I'm gonna develop a philosophy" > "You Jerk you're gonna part of my existential thesis of alienation" > "You jerk I'm gonna develop a theology... now where is my gluten free vegan burger!"

So in this, I guess my advice to you be to try to at least write a novel: or if you were feeling particularly honorable and less self indulgent, do a science experiment.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:55:02 PM by William T »