Author Topic: Who run this world?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Indocern

• BANNED for rules violations
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Who run this world?
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »
Who run this world? Is it the presidents, goverment, illuminati, freemasons. Who also run USA?
I have been told by some people that USA is run by a few people. They told me that USA presidents and presidential candidates work for some guy and friends. They say the name: Mcdonald Cbc. I search for this name in internet (before years) and it appears one boy at my age. I cannot find nothing if I search again now, I am sure this was the name. About people who told me so, I cannot say more. I believe everybody have rights do be in private.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:41:42 PM by Indocern »

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Pavel Florensky and Sergei Bulgakov
  • Faith: Neo-Patristic Synthesis
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
Re: Who run this world?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 12:42:44 PM »
Satan runs the world obviously.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »
Who run this world?

Girls!
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »
Who run this world?

Girls!

All the countries except Kazakhstan of course.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 01:02:49 PM »
Who run this world?

Mor Ephrem's love for Rachel Weisz makes the world go round.
Apparently, can smart . . has brain.

Yes, I do real Theology

I am the Antichrist LOL just kidding

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Who run this world?

And Daniel Craig makes the earthquakes.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »
Who run this world?

Girls!

Maybe. I believe most powerful man in the world are men. Even if you look at history it always been so.

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 01:09:56 PM »
Who run this world?

I don't love nobody.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »
I believe most powerful man in the world are men.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to argue with that.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »
Q:

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »

So, this can be true only if Satan exist...

Is this guy exist:

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • I was almost normal once, but I got better.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 01:13:11 PM »
Tim Curry certainly exists. :police:
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 01:13:32 PM »

So, this can be true only if Satan exist...

Is this guy exist:

Yeah, but personally I think his best role was on the Worst Witch.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:21:38 PM by Iconodule »
- Berdyaev

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 01:13:43 PM »
Who run this world?

My fantasies make the earth quake.  Daniel Craig makes plague, pestilence, and famine. 

Yes, I do real Theology

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
I gave it a go for awhile, but no one appreciated my greatness, so I retired.
God bless!

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 01:14:04 PM »
Who run this world?

My fantasies make the earth quake.  Daniel Craig makes plague, pestilence, and famine.
Lmbo

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Übermensch
  • Jurisdiction: Nietzsche
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 01:15:52 PM »
God does, if christianity is to be tenable, not rule the world. That is for sure. And the only tenable position IMO is that God is only Powerful in freedom and love. Otherwise, he is rather powerless.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:18:43 PM by beebert »
'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil' (Exodus 23:2)

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 01:19:21 PM »
I gave it a go for awhile, but no one appreciated my greatness, so I retired.
You left us unworthy humans with such a mess.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 01:32:04 PM »
Nobody, everybody. In some ways it's both, in other ways it's one or the other.

Nobody can run the world, because it's just too complex for any one person, intellectual technocrat, average Joe or illiterate dunce, to understand.

In another sense, everyone has, or at least tries to exert some degree of influence in the world. Even the lower class voter, who has no influence aside from his low-wage service sector job (or in the case of some countries, some menial manufacturing job resembling tailoring, meat packing or manufacturing some insignificant part somewhere), still presumably votes for his politicians. Most countries are liberal democracies with neoliberal economic policies at this point.

So, I think both answers are true in different senses. If you mean "run the world" in some attempt to "engineer" or "steer" the world in the way you want to, like Stalin, then there are no such people. That is not to say that people who want to steer the world in some technocratic fashion don't exist, but they simply cannot undertake their ambition due to the complex nature of the world. On the other hand, if you mean every independent person all exerting their limited influence in an attempt to maximize their self-interest, then that surely occurs.

That's my answer, to a question that might not have been serious in the first place. Oh, well. I just happened to be thinking about it when this question appeared on the thread.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:35:01 PM by xOrthodox4Christx »
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 01:36:28 PM »
This is my theory, fwiw. There are three levels of powers in existence, and we humans are at the bottom level. We go about our lives, pushing and pulling at each other, but really we are like lab rats. We go through life as in a hedge maze--sure we have 'free will,' but is it really freedom when the choices are so restricted and our 'world' and choices so meaningless? We are barely aware of the other rats in the maze, let alone some reality beyond the maze. And no matter how much we may puzzle over the larger realities that we hope or barely discern to exist, we are always trapped in our lowly state.

The second level of power are the scientists who oversee the earth experiment. They are watching us, making sure we live or die at the appropriate times to yield the best research results. What their research is for is any human's guess. Perhaps we share some small physiological similarities to them in the same way that lab rats do to humans on our level, and thus they poke and prod hoping that the results will help them develop drugs and treatments for their own kind. Or perhaps they just like intellectual jigsaw puzzles. Or perhaps humans make good pets. I dunno. They are the masters of their domain, though.

What most of them don't know, any more than most humans know of the scientists above, is that there is a third level, the overseers, who are the ones truly in charge (probably). They are like the Q continuum mentioned earlier, except really real. They are not omnipotent, omniscient, or (least of all) omnipresent, but they are nonetheless very powerful. They are neither good nor evil in the human cultural sense, though there are likely sometimes disagreements among them as they think and act in varying ways. They are the ones who run the universe, although they care so little about the scientists, let along their human rats, and pay so little attention to those below them, that this 'running of the universe' can almost be considered incidental--a bit of luck or happenstance for us.

The second and third levels are inferred and sort of place holders in this understanding, as there has been--and most likely cannot ever be--genuine communication between the levels. The scientists experiment on us and have perfected the technology to 'read our minds,' but do not truly understand us, in the same way that humans can program and understand the 'thoughts' of computers without really getting inside the head of an AI and understanding it from the inside. Likewise the overseers can understand the scientists perfectly well in a certain sense, but again those at a level lower than themselves are so different as to make this understanding more textbook than real or like something akin to a living understanding.
"Well, do I convince you, that one ought never to despair of the disorders of the soul as incurable? ...For even if thou shouldst despair of thyself ten thousand times, I will never despair of thee" - St. John Chrysostom

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
The most cogent explanation I've ever seen for the way the world works:

- Berdyaev

• Taxiarches
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »

+1

Men are definitely men.  Unless, of course, they're androgynous elf weirdos with pet snow lions.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »

+1

Men are definitely men.  Unless, of course, they're androgynous elf weirdos with pet snow lions.
Don't make me post that meme again...

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 02:50:37 PM »
Hard to find men nowadays. Endangered species, like a warelion.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:50:53 PM by xOrthodox4Christx »
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 02:57:43 PM »
This is my theory, fwiw. There are three levels of powers in existence, and we humans are at the bottom level. We go about our lives, pushing and pulling at each other, but really we are like lab rats. We go through life as in a hedge maze--sure we have 'free will,' but is it really freedom when the choices are so restricted and our 'world' and choices so meaningless? We are barely aware of the other rats in the maze, let alone some reality beyond the maze. And no matter how much we may puzzle over the larger realities that we hope or barely discern to exist, we are always trapped in our lowly state.

The second level of power are the scientists who oversee the earth experiment. They are watching us, making sure we live or die at the appropriate times to yield the best research results. What their research is for is any human's guess. Perhaps we share some small physiological similarities to them in the same way that lab rats do to humans on our level, and thus they poke and prod hoping that the results will help them develop drugs and treatments for their own kind. Or perhaps they just like intellectual jigsaw puzzles. Or perhaps humans make good pets. I dunno. They are the masters of their domain, though.

What most of them don't know, any more than most humans know of the scientists above, is that there is a third level, the overseers, who are the ones truly in charge (probably). They are like the Q continuum mentioned earlier, except really real. They are not omnipotent, omniscient, or (least of all) omnipresent, but they are nonetheless very powerful. They are neither good nor evil in the human cultural sense, though there are likely sometimes disagreements among them as they think and act in varying ways. They are the ones who run the universe, although they care so little about the scientists, let along their human rats, and pay so little attention to those below them, that this 'running of the universe' can almost be considered incidental--a bit of luck or happenstance for us.

The second and third levels are inferred and sort of place holders in this understanding, as there has been--and most likely cannot ever be--genuine communication between the levels. The scientists experiment on us and have perfected the technology to 'read our minds,' but do not truly understand us, in the same way that humans can program and understand the 'thoughts' of computers without really getting inside the head of an AI and understanding it from the inside. Likewise the overseers can understand the scientists perfectly well in a certain sense, but again those at a level lower than themselves are so different as to make this understanding more textbook than real or like something akin to a living understanding.
Many things get easier when we admit the truth that we do not have a free will, that the concept of free will has developed from a wish of being Causa sui.

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »

Are the third level humans and who are them?

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 03:06:01 PM »

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »
Many things get easier when we admit the truth that we do not have a free will, that the concept of free will has developed from a wish of being Causa sui.
Not even a little bit?

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 03:15:51 PM »
Not even a little bit?
Perhaps. But I think it is to make fun of the concept of free will to say that I have it because God gave it to me without my consent. And even more, because I have no choice in the matter as to whether I may exist forever or not. According to christianity, I must exist forever, and I must WANT to unless I want eternal torture. This, all this and the doctrine of eternal damnation makes it hard for me to accept that christianity is a religion that believes in man's infinite worth. All questions that arises are always either considered prideful or a sin, or they end up being answered with "Because God says so". I am disappointed with Jesus, I must admit. At least with the Jesus of organized christianity. I find him to have failed. And to be a manipulative bully.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »
No, I don't understand. Sorry
The Sign and Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »

I hear for Causa sui for first time. I was heard there is Android bot who have something like this Cause sui "God possession".

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 03:28:31 PM »

I hear for Causa sui for first time. I was heard there is Android bot who have something like this Cause sui "God possession".
Causa sui means cause of itself. No man is a cause of himself, but acts according to thousands of circumstances and the effects of these circumstances. That is my conviction.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:29:13 PM by beebert »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 03:33:31 PM »

I think many start to approach the truth, but then don't go far enough. Other times things are up in the air as far as how to understand them. For example the phrase of Schopenhauer that "a man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants." He was onto something, but does "doing what you want" amount to anything more than acting because your body has decided to, and then 'wanting' it merely because it coincides with that action (or as some would say, is an after-the-fact justification or acceptance of that non-consciously-made decision)?

Are the third level humans and who are them?

I would assume, and this is most probably true, that what we call 'humans' exist only on the lowest level. I'm not even sure if humans could exist on the upper levels, and indeed I doubt whether on the third level there even is a 'place' or 'time' in which to exist, at least as far as we understand and experience those dimensions of reality. For all we know humans may be programmed personalities* ala The Sims.

*And possibly also manipulated, or outright controlled, personalities. I've noticed that some people act really strangely, ya know? Like, normal people don't be acting that way... but if they were being made to act that way, as part of some experiment, perhaps to gauge the reaction of other humans, that would make a lot more sense!
"Well, do I convince you, that one ought never to despair of the disorders of the soul as incurable? ...For even if thou shouldst despair of thyself ten thousand times, I will never despair of thee" - St. John Chrysostom

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 05:00:18 PM »
Not even a little bit?
Perhaps. But I think it is to make fun of the concept of free will to say that I have it because God gave it to me without my consent. And even more, because I have no choice in the matter as to whether I may exist forever or not. According to christianity, I must exist forever, and I must WANT to unless I want eternal torture. This, all this and the doctrine of eternal damnation makes it hard for me to accept that christianity is a religion that believes in man's infinite worth. All questions that arises are always either considered prideful or a sin, or they end up being answered with "Because God says so". I am disappointed with Jesus, I must admit. At least with the Jesus of organized christianity. I find him to have failed. And to be a manipulative bully.

Hold on, we are discussing free will first. I would argue the experience that one is making a choice is free will. We're doomed to have that experience and hence doomed to freedom. Do you agree?

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
Not even a little bit?

Hold on, we are discussing free will first. I would argue the experience that one is making a choice is free will. We're doomed to have that experience and hence doomed to freedom. Do you agree?
To some extent yes, but I reject the idea that you have everyday freedom and freedom of choice. If you ever have freedom of choice, you have perhaps 1-5 such occasions in your life, depending on the choices you make. But all other choices, and quite possibly these unique situations of "free" choices too, have so many complex and unconcious motions, instincts, desires behind them that we barely know what we choose. These underlying instincts and drives, which are unfree desires, desires caused by mainly external circunstances, are the reason for our choices, and our concious mind is nothing in power in comparsion.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:43:47 PM by beebert »

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 06:06:06 PM »
Who run this world?

Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 06:07:37 PM »
Who run this world?

I see your birthday cake didn't agree with you.

Yes, I do real Theology