Author Topic: 30th June 2017 Athos Assembly on Council of Crete  (Read 476 times)

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
30th June 2017 Athos Assembly on Council of Crete
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:01:30 AM »
English Translation:

http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2017/07/a-message-from-mount-athos-regarding.html

Greek Original:

http://www.amen.gr/article/minyma-tou-agiou-orous-peri-tis-agias-kai-megalis-en-kriti-synodou

Favorable Article on this text (Greek):

http://www.amen.gr/article/to-agion-oros-tassetai-yper-tis-agias-kai-megalis-synodou-katadikazodas-tis-enadion-tis-airetikes-fones

Unfavorable response by Office of Heresies and Parareligion of Metropolis of Piraeus (Greek):

http://impantokratoros.gr/73168CDB.el.aspx

Another response from Orthodox Press article (Greek):

http://aktines.blogspot.com/2017/07/blog-post_37.html

Still looking for more articles and any more context, background on this
I am a demonic servant! Beware!

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: 30th June 2017 Athos Assembly on Council of Crete
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 03:06:57 AM »
Lovely.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Sharbel

• High Elder
  • Faith: Catechumen
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:17:59 AM »
I like it!  :angel:
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ!

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 05:07:39 PM »
I have heard from someone that five monasteries were opposed to this statement

but do not take this 100%, because I have no way to confirm this

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 05:18:54 PM »
Office of Heresies and Parareligion of Metropolis of Piraeus

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Father Seraphim Rose.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:22:03 PM by Alpo »
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 08:30:53 PM »
I want to be the admin assistant of the Office of Heresies.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
Office of Heresies and Parareligion of Metropolis of Piraeus

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Father Seraphim Rose.

Soon this book will surpass The Orthodox Church of Met. Kallistos as the most often recommended book on Orthodoxy in the English-speaking world. Huzzah!

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 04:15:17 AM »
and here, finally, is an english article on this, which states that some of the monasteries disputed it, and that:

"It is known in the Church of Greece that the text was composed not at the session itself, but beforehand by Archimandrite Vasileios (Gondikakis), the former abbot of both Stavronikita and Iveron Monasteries, who is known to be close to the patriarchate in Constantinople. Although the text has been issued on behalf of the entire Sacred Community, it is also know that several of the Athonite monasteries disputed the document. . ."

http://orthochristian.com/105681.html

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 02:19:02 PM »
and here, finally, is an english article on this, which states that some of the monasteries disputed it, and that:

"It is known in the Church of Greece that the text was composed not at the session itself, but beforehand by Archimandrite Vasileios (Gondikakis), the former abbot of both Stavronikita and Iveron Monasteries, who is known to be close to the patriarchate in Constantinople. Although the text has been issued on behalf of the entire Sacred Community, it is also know that several of the Athonite monasteries disputed the document. . ."

http://orthochristian.com/105681.html

Keep raking that muck. It's your choice to rejoice in Christ's Church or to rejoice in her minor travails. Choose wisely.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 10:02:21 AM »
I want to be the admin assistant of the Office of Heresies.

I covet the office itself.  It sounds like great fun.  Sort of an Orthodox Inquisition but without the auto da fe.  I could also extract bribes from the rectors of parish priests in the Metropolis to avoid being found to be teaching heresy and thus losing their benefice, and in this manner supplement my income in the manner fitting the Metropolitan Inquisitor.  ;)

All kidding aside, I'm glad that metropolis has such an office, I wish more metropoli had such offices, although I do disagree with the Metropolitan on the issue of Oriental Orthodoxy, obviously, and I think some of his statements do give off an uncomfortable whiff of anti-Semitism. 

The best person to lead an EO Office of Heresies would obviously be our own Fr. Andrew S. Damick, an archpriest of distinction who has diatinguished himself further with his careful dissection of the Pentecostal and Evangelical error in the new version of his book.

We really need some distrbution of those chapters in the Coptic church, given the attempted Evangelical takeover of Coptic churches in the extra-diocesan areas.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.