Author Topic: Run from Protestantism with the same speed you run from death  (Read 9826 times)

Online Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: Run from Protestantism with the same speed you run from death
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »
Buddha would have been among those pulled out of Hell by Christ after his descent.

Well, according to Met. Alfeyev, anyway. I'm sure his position is not without pushback, right?

As far as I can tell, Met Hilarion was just citing the (not universal, but common enough) opinion of a range of fathers. Of course if anyone has critiqued his presentation, I'd be curious to see it. It seems the only place where the idea really took hold that only the OT righteous were saved was in the Latin West. And, as we know, nothing remotely nice or good comes from that terrible place.

Ah, ok. I don't know of any specific critiques of it from Orthodox sources (or anyone else). It just seems universalistish enough that I would expect somebody has. Maybe Edward Feser?

Doesn't that kind of imply, though, that the luckiest people in history were those who died before the Crucifixion (or at least pagans who died before the Crucifixion)? Seems like we're totally screwed by comparison.

As a hopeful universalist, I guess I don't let this bother me.

Well, I'm a hopeful universalist, too. But I have enough fear of being wrong (disguised, of course, as intellectual humility) that I do let things like that bother me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:12:01 PM by Volnutt »
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline ComingofAge

• The Eternal Student
  • Κύριε Ἰησοῦ Χριστέ, Υἱὲ τοῦ Θεοῦ, ἐλέησόν ἡμᾶς
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2018, 06:28:24 PM »
I'd like to commend you, pasadi, for your original post and the one that followed. You are very, VERY correct when you admonish us to run from Protestantism with the same speed you run from death. Protestantism is the GREAT DELUSION. This delusion is marked by a revolutionary, "self-styled" and personalized form of spirituality in which the only thing that matters is me and my Bible and how I interpret it. Me, me, me...it's all about what I think, and how I interpret. No need for Church, no need for Tradition, no need for real Body and Blood, just Bible and a brain and we're good. Brothers and sisters, this is very frightening to say the least...and some don't even realize how much danger they are in!!! This is not the way!

I know several people who are into this form of spirituality. One particular person thinks himself a prophet and a "seer". He believes he sees things on a higher level than most people. I want to help him, but I don't know how, so I have decided to love him from afar for now and just continue to pray. I pray for this man all the time and ask God to please relieve him of his delusions. He is very, very prideful and thinks himself a saint and someone very "special". But let me tell you something, this man is not something uncommon in Protestantism. He is simply "living the faith" of your average Protestant, taking it to its logical conclusion. This is very scary to think about!

The devil dwells deep within the very fabric of Protestantism. This is not me throwing a jab at Protestants themselves, but rather shedding light on the movement as a whole. It is a deceptive doctrine of demons and we must stay far, far away from it. I realized that even spending time around Protestants was harming me and I had to run from them and continue to pray for them from a distance. Even coming into contact with someone like this can harm us! This is not to say that every individual Protestant is a "bad" person or anything like that, and I am not the one to judge or condemn anyone one way or the other, that is only for God to do. But if we allow ourselves to be swayed even in the minutest sense by their doctrine then we are in grave, grave danger! This is both scary and sad.

What are we to do then? Sometimes I ask myself this question and I wonder if, by the grace of God, I can help in any way. But I have to remember that it is not for us to save but for God. All I can do is continue to love, continue to pray, continue this path of repentance and cooperation with God so that I may be shown to be righteous in both thought, word and deed through and through. So, we must continue to walk this Orthodox path to the fullest, living out the true faith in our own lives and helping where we can, even if that just means praying from afar. I sincerely hope that this delusion will end, but may God's will always be done in everything.

May the Lord God have great mercy upon all of us and save us. Amen.
Let us open our mouths and sing hymns of salvation. Come and fall down in the house of the Lord and say: Pardon our sins, you who hung upon the cross and rose from the dead, and yet are forever in the bosom of the Father.

+ Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen. +

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Foolishness to the Greeks
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2018, 08:05:17 PM »
I'd like to commend you, pasadi, < snip> ...

May the Lord God have great mercy upon all of us and save us. Amen.

This post violates the rules dictating that polemics stay within the realm of light punches in the moderated forums. To clarify: the offending section is the passage about the Devil being deep in the fabric and that the ideas of the Protestants are the doctrines of demons.

You are certainly welcome to believe that in your heart. And you are more than entitled to say as much in the unmoderated forums. But not here.

Since your post count indicates you haven't been around very much, I'm inclined to let you off with a non-punitive public warning. Please take time to familiarize yourself with the rules.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2018, 03:22:28 AM »
I think is not the plan of God to have a Protestant Church that leave people dead. Once God built his Church, the perfect Church built by perfect God , Eastern Orthodox Church that will never fail the Hell was in shock. The vultures of Hell and the vultures of death could not attack people anymore so the Hell had to devise a plan , a counterrevolution against God to take people from Gods PERFECT Church, The Eastern Orthodox Church so vultures of death can pick up again their prey.

It worked. Look at all people outside Eastern orthodox Church and how they went there is the result of counterrevolution against God and his Perfect Church.
For God things are clear. Everyone that ask God which denomination is best God always responds Eastern orthodox Church. Since religion deals with ETERNITY it is very very very dangerous to be outside Church God redeems best.

Every time you see a Man that contradicts God saying my denomination is best God is wrong be aware that Hell and vultures of death are after you trying to get you. If they come to get you and you tell them , look this Holy and pious MAN told me such and such they will laugh in your face telling you, Look this man contradicts God , are you blind? , He is neither Holy neither pious as a man that contradicts God can not be neither Holy neither pious and he, this MAN has no power over death or Hell. Go where you get true protection to Eastern orthodox Church or we will get you.

On the other side if you go to Eastern Orthodox Church and vultures of death and vultures of Hell will try to get you you can say God said this is perfect Church and the vultures will go away trembling and in fear because nobody messes up with God.

Just today I went over such  case. An intelligent man said my Holy MAN said remain in Old Convenant that brings death and Hell and we will remain in the Old Convenant that is dead and in Hell. His Holy man name is Maimonides or something like this . I think he got Maimonides wrong.
This is what God said in Jeremiah 31
30 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah; 
31 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, saith the LORD. 

Do you see what God said:
30 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant
THAT IS A NEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW CONVENANT

That is if you remain in the OLD convenant you contradict God that said a NEW convenant will come. God works for the prosperity a man and if God does a new convenant it means is BETTER so move there.

I know is easy to remain in old convenant that brings death and Hell like is spelled here :
Wikipedia Sheol:
She'ol (/ˈʃiːoʊl/ SHEE-ohl or /ˈʃiːəl/ SHEE-əl; Hebrew שְׁאוֹל‬ Šʾôl), in the Hebrew Bible, is a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from life and from God

Read this:  regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from life and from God
That is EVERYTHING you do YOU WILL BE CUT OFF FROM LIFE, that is probably dead, and FROM GOD so who will help you?

So get out of the sweet bed at 5 pm after work and go to school for one year and become Eastern Orthodox Priest and become immortal and in Heaven and give immortality and Heaven to your people . Don't let laziness kill you. At the school you will learn knowledge from God about a new convenant more powerfull and more convenient that the first one. As Maimonides said and you did not understand, the Old Convenant will not be modified and it is not modified HOWEVER God gave a new Convenant much more convenient and powerfull and you have to go out of Bed and learn it so you can teach it .

A smart man of God that does not want to go to school and lern the new Convenant that brings eternal life and Heaven and eternal happiness and walk the extra mile said well I just realized Jesus is in charge of after life and as brothers sold Joseph in Egypt we just gave Jesus to Pontius Pilate that is a gentile so gentiles got the new convenant that is eternal life and Heaven we retained death and Hell and separation from God.

He said what we can do, anything than getting out of bed and getting to school 1 year, what he said lets bring Jesus to Old Convenant back so both jews and gentiles will have the old convenant that will kill us both and separate us from God forever, anything than getting out of bed and one year of school. Are you kidding me?

No.

GOD made the NEW CONVENANT, Eastern Orthodox Church that is forever and gates of Hell will not overcome it. It gives eternal life and brings people and God together forever. It is Universal that is everybody is welcome. Inside the church there is no jew, no greek, no gentile and everyone is equal that is you can not separate between children.

What can do people of God with the blunder of giving Jesus away. Well it is so easy, unbelievable. When they enter Eastern Orthodox Church that is when they get baptized the Old body that keeps them connected with people that gave Jesus away is gone together with ALL the sins associated with that body. A new spotless body without ANY sin and born from God is given so nobody will ask them forever after that for giving away Jesus.

On the other hand if they remain in Old Convenant they may be asked some question.

And what I wan t to say NEW CONVENANT means NEW. That is 100%NEW not 10%NEW and 90% old, not 10% life and 90% death. No. 100% LIFE>

SO if you are a teacher and not in Eastern Orthodox School then there is only a way, get out to school and come with your people to perfect Church built by perfect God.

This post veers awfully close to what I just warned ComingofAge about last night. Don't do it again.

--Agabus, section moderator
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:26:11 PM by Agabus »
God the Father is great. God the Father is good.

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Foolishness to the Greeks
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2018, 12:24:09 PM »
Thread locked.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.