Author Topic: Coffee with (Removed - Ancient Faith Radio)  (Read 12605 times)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
Re: Coffee with (Removed - Ancient Faith Radio)
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2017, 11:36:30 AM »
At the very least, repent of "omni-loving," O Pelagian.

I think you're reading theological import into his words that isn't there.  In my reading of Porter's statement, he was simply saying that kids are innocent, they love everyone, and sex - like Quinault said - doesn't factor into the equation for them.  Anyone who would argue that a three-year-old is a sexual being should be on a list somewhere, and anyone invoking that kind of "academic" language - in combination with a misapplication of Scripture - to prop up the argument that there is "less culpability" in homosexual sin than in other forms is on dangerous ground in my point of view.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:37:09 AM by Antonious Nikolas »
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2017, 12:16:27 PM »
Sister Vassa moved her podcast to her own site a while ago, and there are still over 70 episodes on her YT channel. There's plenty others to listen to on AFR.

Not just to her own site - her Patreon. For $5/month you can apparently access two of her weekly podcasts, with higher $/month options available. Seems a little strange for a nun to block her content off behind a paywall in order to get monthly donations.
I do agree with that. It seems quite odd. Getting funded through advertising is one thing. Paywalls are quite another.

Considering how much 'outreach' she does and how many comment that her videos have been helpful, I've long wondered why she doesn't get funding from ROCOR.

Lol.  When ROCOR stops having to use the Fund for Assistance to pay for priest's medical procedures or paying for monks to have shoes, then they can pay for a university professor for her Youtube videos.

Those emails always leave me rather troubled. 
How this relates to the coming Antichrist? I don't know...

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »
Father John Whiteford wrote a response.  Have some time on hand if you want to read it:  http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/2017/07/sister-vassa-on-homosexuality.html

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »
They are omni-loving and a-sexual, like angels. Learn from little children for one's own salvation, don't use them in profane argument.

Sexuality seems to have a very limited definition in your use of the term.

Very limited?

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I took issue with the idea that children are "a-sexual".  Sure, three year olds aren't running around propositioning one another, but they usually come in "male" and "female" varieties because that's how God creates.  That's sexual, and it's not just a matter of plumbing.  You can oppose sexualising children while recognising that.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »
Father John Whiteford wrote a response. 

I suppose it was only a matter of time.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
They are omni-loving and a-sexual, like angels. Learn from little children for one's own salvation, don't use them in profane argument.

Very limited?

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I took issue with the idea that children are "a-sexual".  Sure, three year olds aren't running around propositioning one another, but they usually come in "male" and "female" varieties because that's how God creates.  That's sexual, and it's not just a matter of plumbing.  You can oppose sexualising children while recognising that.

That's not being sexual, that's being a sex.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »
I think this is where semantics come into play.  "Sexual" in many circles can simply mean the type of roles a child takes based on his/her gender.  So it could be the games a child plays or the toys a child prefers.  We have male and female games and toys, and that can be defined as "sexual".  If a boy plays with toy cars and a girl with dolls, that's "sexual" and that develops very early in age.

When something seems off at that age unexpected to the gender a child has, this is when a parent starts to have his/her suspicions.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:49:37 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2017, 01:06:12 PM »
I think this is where semantics come into play.  "Sexual" in many circles can simply mean the type of roles a child takes based on his/her gender.  So it could be the games a child plays or the toys a child prefers.  We have male and female games and toys, and that can be defined as "sexual".  If a boy plays with toy cars and a girl with dolls, that's "sexual" and that develops very early in age.

When something seems off at that age unexpected to the gender a child has, this is when a parent starts to have his/her suspicions.

No, no. That's obsolete thinking. We are now told that gender preference is independent of sexual preference.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2017, 01:08:19 PM »

No, no. That's obsolete thinking. We are now told that gender preference is independent of sexual preference.

Well, that's an area I have yet to rap my mind around completely.  But I grant you the inconsistency of the present secular terminology.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2017, 01:09:53 PM »
Father John Whiteford wrote a response. 

I suppose it was only a matter of time.
lol
She hears, upon that water without sound,
A voice that cries, “The tomb in Palestine
Is not the porch of spirits lingering.
It is the grave of Jesus, where he lay.”
We live in an old chaos of the sun,
Or old dependency of day and night,
Or island solitude, unsponsored, free,
Of that wide water, inescapable.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2017, 01:13:00 PM »
Father John Whiteford wrote a response.  Have some time on hand if you want to read it:  http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/2017/07/sister-vassa-on-homosexuality.html

Thanks for posting this.  I found it to be spot on.  I'm detecting a slight tone of flippancy directed towards those who oppose Sister Vassa's advice in this thread, and I do hope we won't be painted as "reactionary" or "intolerant".  I for one argued on the side of Fr. Robert Arida in this thread and in the other one where some Cro-Magnon tried to twist his words into a mock apology for bestiality to make a point, so I hardly think that I could be characterized as lacking in pastoral concern or in any way as retrograde on this subject.  Nevertheless, I think she has taken things a bit too far, and that this is a dangerous step towards the idea of mainstreaming homosexuality in Orthodoxy and subverting the Church's traditional stance on the issue.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2017, 01:15:18 PM »
I don't always agree with him on things, but I thought this was a good analysis.
God bless!

• Taxiarches
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2017, 01:38:07 PM »
So it turns out it was all a story concocted by a certain Jessee Dominic clown

Is he an activist?
I know Jesse personally. He is...intense. I have many stories about him, but it probably wouldn't be appropriate to post them here.

I know you said it wouldn't be appropriate to post the stories you have about this person here, but could you give us a thumbnail sketch of who he is?  What does he actually have to do with this story?

Offline servulus

• Faith: Catechumen
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2017, 01:43:14 PM »
I don't always agree with him on things, but I thought this was a good analysis.
I thought so too.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2017, 01:46:25 PM »
He is a graduate of St Tikons who moved to Russia and married someone over there. It is my understanding that US Orthodoxy is a bit too ecumenical for him. You can search his name, Jesse Dominick, and you will probably find a good number of articles that he has either written or translated out of Russian. It should give you a pretty good flavor of what he is about. He is VERY conservative, and quick to denounce anything/anyone that is not. I didn't personally see anything he wrote on this topic, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2017, 01:50:00 PM »

Very limited?

lol

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2017, 01:57:48 PM »

Very limited?

lol

See my reply to Dr. Mina. Not that it matters whether one believes sex and sexuality must be separate. I very much question that new secular doctrine myself.

However, for our purposes, it's enough to note that, in point of fact, they are at least separable. One sees many mothers with male husbands, dressing like men -- it's practically the norm in many parts of the country. And one observes a wide variety of masculine or feminine affectations in the gay community.

But first I should be sure you are saying (since you haven't been altogether committal) that Sr. Vassa et al. discern the future sexuality of children via observing their supposed "gender preference" at a young age. I don't think this is at all obvious from the letter or from anything related I've read. I think that in a discussion of sexuality and dating, bringing up three-year-olds without making it perfectly plain that one has some clairvoyant method of discerning their sexuality that has nothing to do with sexualizing them is repulsive. Don't blame readers for feeling repulsed.

And if you are saying this, then it of course opens up a whole argument of the validity of such ideas, but that's another post.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:06:12 PM by Porter ODoran »

• Taxiarches
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2017, 03:04:43 PM »
He is a graduate of St Tikons who moved to Russia and married someone over there. It is my understanding that US Orthodoxy is a bit too ecumenical for him. You can search his name, Jesse Dominick, and you will probably find a good number of articles that he has either written or translated out of Russian. It should give you a pretty good flavor of what he is about. He is VERY conservative, and quick to denounce anything/anyone that is not. I didn't personally see anything he wrote on this topic, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Thanks for the info.  So then Jesse Dominick is just a traditionalist writer who actually has nothing at all to do with this story and Augustin was just being flip.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2017, 03:08:41 PM »

I think you're reading theological import into his words that isn't there.  In my reading of Porter's statement, he was simply saying that kids are innocent, they love everyone, and sex - like Quinault said - doesn't factor into the equation for them.  Anyone who would argue that a three-year-old is a sexual being should be on a list somewhere

You may not have been a kid for a while now, but you must remember not being innocent or omni loving.

Kids are naiive, not innocent. Those who consider them innocent always come across as creeps to me, or detached at best.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:09:28 PM by NicholasMyra »
Quote from: Fr. Thomas Hopko, dystopian parable of the prodigal son
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2017, 03:10:37 PM »

Thanks for the info.  So then Jesse Dominick is just a traditionalist writer who actually has nothing at all to do with this story and Augustin was just being flip.
I thought he was saying this Jesse fellow spread the misinformation on this story initially.
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 03:21:27 PM »

I think you're reading theological import into his words that isn't there.  In my reading of Porter's statement, he was simply saying that kids are innocent, they love everyone, and sex - like Quinault said - doesn't factor into the equation for them.  Anyone who would argue that a three-year-old is a sexual being should be on a list somewhere

You may not have been a kid for a while now, but you must remember not being innocent or omni loving.

Kids are naiive, not innocent. Those who consider them innocent always come across as creeps to me, or detached at best.

Like our Lord?

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »

Like our Lord?
Don't put words in His mouth, young man.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2017, 03:27:29 PM »
What is omni loving? Is this some new term I need to be aware of?
God bless!

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2017, 03:34:15 PM »
Presumably it means you love everyone and maybe even everything.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »

And I suppose you have memories of being a sexual being at the age of three?

Kids are naiive, not innocent.

You're splitting hairs that don't need to be split here.  You know that innocent is a relative term and you get Porter's point.  Three year olds aren't sexual beings.  If you think they are, you're the creep in this conversation.

Those who consider them innocent always come across as creeps to me, or detached at best.

Are you including Christ in that condemnation?  Or those in the Church who coined the term "Murder of the Innocents" in reference to Herod's slaughter of the children two years old and younger in Bethlehem?

Those who consider children as young as three to be sexual beings always come across as creeps to me, or detached, hair-splitting wannabe intellectuals with an agenda to push at best.

Let's get down to brass tacks.  There is an idea being pushed here that some children are already gay by the age of three, that it's not really something that people can help, that the Church needs to accept this, and consequently, it must come up with something better than encouraging these people to be straight or condemning them to a life of celibacy that most can never live out.  In short, the Church needs to be more accepting and accommodating of homosexuality, and there must come a day when Barney and Bill can sit in their family pew across from Joey and Luanne, because hey, let's face it, Joey and Luanne have their sins too, and the Church need not condemn Barney and Bill's unrepentant homosexual relationship.  This is an idea that I reject.  How about you?

• Taxiarches
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »

I thought he was saying this Jesse fellow spread the misinformation on this story initially.

What misinformation?

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »

What misinformation?
That AFR took Sr. Vassa's stuff down because of her post.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:39:17 PM by NicholasMyra »

• Taxiarches
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2017, 03:41:22 PM »

Porter can speak for himself, but I +1'd because I thought he was trying to say that in their innocence, kids aren't condemnatory or hateful.  They are generally loving towards everyone they encounter.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2017, 03:41:51 PM »

What misinformation?
That AFR took Sr. Vassa's stuff down because of her post.

Okay.  Augustin or anyone: is there any proof of that?

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
Five, sure. Don't have many memories from 3, period.

You're splitting hairs that don't need to be split here.  You know that innocent is a relative term and you get Porter's point. 
I think he is making a stronger claim, because it is paired with Omni-loving

Let's get down to brass tacks.  There is an idea being pushed here that some children are already gay by the age of three, that it's not really something that people can help
That doesn't seem implausible, why would you think it is? Because, if true, it could lead people to believe untrue things or project things onto their child that aren't there? That isn't a reason to not believe something.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:45:11 PM by NicholasMyra »

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2017, 03:44:22 PM »
in their innocence, kids aren't condemnatory or hateful.  They are generally loving towards everyone they encounter.
Really? Are you sure you are remembering your childhood?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:44:37 PM by NicholasMyra »

• Taxiarches
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »

Your hazy memories are your own business.  Just be sure not to project them onto innocent others, especially as part of an agenda to compel the Church to reconsider its stance on homosexuality in accordance with the spirit of the times.

You're splitting hairs that don't need to be split here.  You know that innocent is a relative term and you get Porter's point. 

That's not how I read his words, or even his use of the term omni-loving.  But Porter's a big boy, and he can tell us himself what he meant.  At the end of the day, all I can defend is why I +1'd.

Let's get down to brass tacks.  There is an idea being pushed here that some children are already gay by the age of three, that it's not really something that people can help
That doesn't seem implausible, why would you think it is? Because, if true, it could lead people to believe untrue things or project things onto their child that aren't there? That isn't a reason to not believe something.

So what's you're ultimate conclusion here?  What ramifications does this idea that you find so plausible have for the Church as it pertains to homosexuality?

in their innocence, kids aren't condemnatory or hateful.  They are generally loving towards everyone they encounter.
Really? Are you sure you are remembering your childhood?

Sure.  What would you know about it?  Were you some kind of a hateful, nasty kid as far back as you remember or something?

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »

Yes, I was. I was quick to make friends of anybody, sex or age regardless, and I had no sexual thoughts. The same is true for my siblings, for most of the children I grew up with, and for my own children. Human childhood is naturally this way.

Kids are naive, not innocent.

What is the difference? In this context, all you're saying is you consider children corruptible.

Those who consider them innocent always come across as creeps to me, or detached at best.

This is because you embrace a worldview held by a particular group of young men nowadays, which serves to justify their own tendency to be incredibly foul in action and speech.

Like our Lord?
Don't put words in His mouth, young man.

Try not to make your blasphemy explicit. Keep to the wink-wink blasphemy that makes up a fair proportion of conversation among young men of your worldview's character.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:13:25 PM by Porter ODoran »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2017, 04:15:34 PM »

Porter can speak for himself, but I +1'd because I thought he was trying to say that in their innocence, kids aren't condemnatory or hateful.  They are generally loving towards everyone they encounter.

By "omni-loving" -- admittedly, a poor coinage -- I meant they are quick to be sweet to anybody regardless of sex or age. By "a-sexual" I meant they do not feel sexual attraction.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2017, 04:19:14 PM »

Salvation implies the welfare of humankind. It should be basic Christianity to desire the best for all. Then again, it should be basic humanity to desire the best for children. None of this is a matter for rhetoric or statistics. To be honest, everyone but the Church seems actually sociopathic to me. All discussion of the human condition is in cynical materialist terms. And then, of course, there are those demonic predators who go even farther and seem to seek to corrupt all, and call it practicality or freedom. I am praying you aren't really one of those.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2017, 04:21:34 PM »
Sure.  What would you know about it?  Were you some kind of a hateful, nasty kid as far back as you remember or something?
Myself and the other kids were often resentful and nasty, selfish and inconsiderate, yes. Yet, if you spent your own childhood as an omni loving meme doggo, perhaps you are the unfallen one.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2017, 04:24:22 PM »
So what's you're ultimate conclusion here?  What ramifications does this idea that you find so plausible have for the Church as it pertains to homosexuality?
Correcting faulty thought requires no stated apology.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:24:33 PM by NicholasMyra »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2017, 04:24:46 PM »
Myself and the other kids were often resentful and nasty, selfish and inconsiderate, yes. Yet, if you spent your own childhood as an omni loving meme doggo, perhaps you are the unfallen one.

Fallenness implies such things as selfishness. It does not imply sexual lust in an organism that has not yet passed onto sexual maturity. What does imply that is an environment of sexual obsession, perversion, or even open abuse.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2017, 04:25:42 PM »

Infidel, not only, but infecund.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »
Kids are naive, not innocent.

What is the difference?

It means that when they are awful, they are often haplessly so.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2017, 04:38:47 PM »
Myself and the other kids were often resentful and nasty, selfish and inconsiderate, yes.

At five?  Wow.  This wasn't my experience as a child.  Apparently it wasn't Porter's either.

Yet, if you spent your own childhood as an omni loving meme doggo, perhaps you are the unfallen one.

And I see you're still hateful, nasty, resentful, selfish, and inconsiderate.  Nice to know you haven't changed since childhood.

That's not an answer.  It's a wordy dodge.  Seriously, what ramifications does this idea have for the Church as it pertains to approaching the issue of homosexuality?

By "omni-loving" -- admittedly, a poor coinage -- I meant they are quick to be sweet to anybody regardless of sex or age. By "a-sexual" I meant they do not feel sexual attraction.

So there we go, Nick.  I was right in my interpretation and right to +1.  By the terminology in question, Porter never meant to imply that children were beings of light who were without sin and never inherited the fallen nature of Adam.  He just meant they were innocent and loving.  Hard to fathom, I know.

We're straying from the topic and getting bogged down in minutiae though.  (Or perhaps that's intentional?)  How do you feel about Sister Vassa's statements concerning homosexual sin and culpability relative to other manifestations or categories of sin?  How do you feel the Church should be addressing this issue?

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »

he's the guy behind the site that initially published the fake news. He admitted as much on Sr Vassa's FB page.
She hears, upon that water without sound,
A voice that cries, “The tomb in Palestine
Is not the porch of spirits lingering.
It is the grave of Jesus, where he lay.”
We live in an old chaos of the sun,
Or old dependency of day and night,
Or island solitude, unsponsored, free,
Of that wide water, inescapable.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2017, 04:51:52 PM »
  How do you feel about Sister Vassa's statements concerning homosexual sin and culpability
Confused and irrelevant to the point she was trying to make, tbh, but not "heretical." I start to tune out when psychological studies or definitions are used as evidence for something, outside of like a purely behavioral study.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:54:53 PM by NicholasMyra »

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2017, 05:03:26 PM »

I bumped into him at Saint Tikhon's once. He had a "W! 2004" bumper sticker on his car and talked like a dudebro ("this synaxarion is really sweet, man") but was pleasant enough.
Don John pounding from the slaughter-painted poop
- GK Chesteron, "Lepanto"