Author Topic: Questions  (Read 317 times)

Offline Almost_Orthodox

• Muddling Through Life
  • Faith: Ukrainian Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Philadelphia
Questions
« on: July 06, 2017, 09:07:22 PM »
1.  I am not getting notifications of replies in my Email box.  I checked my profile and think I have everything set up correctly.

2.  Where is the "edit" button for a post I put up?  Need to make a minor change.

Your help is appreciated.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 09:28:10 PM »
1.  I am not getting notifications of replies in my Email box.  I checked my profile and think I have everything set up correctly.

2.  Where is the "edit" button for a post I put up?  Need to make a minor change.

1. The "Notifications" to your Email box do not work. 

2. You have approximately 10 minutes to edit your post.  After that, it will remain as is for all eternity.  ;)
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:28:48 PM »

I don't think email notification has worked for a long time. And you aren't allowed to change a post unless you're a moderator, altho there is a short grace period during which you'll see a "Modify" button.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Almost_Orthodox

• Muddling Through Life
  • Faith: Ukrainian Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Philadelphia
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 11:48:08 AM »

2. You have approximately 10 minutes to edit your post.  After that, it will remain as is for all eternity.  ;)

Is there going to be a time when my "notifications" does work, like say after 25 or 50 posts??

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 11:52:33 AM »

Is there going to be a time when my "notifications" does work, like say after 25 or 50 posts??

They 'broke' a long while ago and as best I know there is no ETA on any sort of fix. 

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.