Author Topic: Where should I go now? Eastern Orthodoxy or SSPX Latin Catholic  (Read 22774 times)

Offline sedevacantist

• High Elder
Re: Where should I go now? Eastern Orthodoxy or SSPX Latin Catholic
« Reply #495 on: August 25, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »
I feel strong bitterness toward Roman Catholic Church now. I am very angry that RC nun and layman imposed the fear of eternal damnation to force me to obey the RC.

I received lot of verbal abuse when I was RC.

When I was studying in University in Canada, I was very involved in Byzantine Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Young adult group. I spent all my time for RC and Byzantine Catholic back in my university years. Because of that I almost failed university. I spend 6 years in university to complete my bachelor of science degree. However, I did not receive any spiritual healing and blessing. Right now I consider that it was wasting my time.
 RC took away my youth year and wasting so much of my time. Because of that I am over 30 years old now I still don't have job, car, house, wife and children. I am still doing the other degree.
you should fear for your salvation like the bible says, there is no salvation outside the true Catholic Church

Thou sayest.

:laugh:
no the Church of Christ sayeth, convert and save your soul

Pope Innocent III, Eius exemplo, Dec. 18, 1208:

“By the heart we believe and by the mouth we confess the one Church, not of heretics, but the Holy Roman, Catholic, and Apostolic Church outside of which we believe that no one is saved

Papism is not the Church of Christ, it's a schismatic and heretical sect.
the papacy is biblical, proven here numerous times

The Novus Ordo is biblical, proven lots of places numerous times.

Yes, but it is Biblical in a Protestant sense.
it's not biblical in any sense

Offline sedevacantist

• High Elder
Re: Where should I go now? Eastern Orthodoxy or SSPX Latin Catholic
« Reply #496 on: August 25, 2017, 11:17:41 PM »
The New Testament tells us that this deception will happen in the very heart of the Church’s
physical structures,
in “the Temple of God” (2 Thess. 2:4) and “in the holy place” (Mt. 24:15). 
It will arise because people receive not the love of the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:10).

Most Church Fathers would disagree with such an interpretation; the most immediate example that comes to mind is Saint John of Damascus's interpretation:

"The Jews accordingly did not receive the Lord Jesus Christ who was the Son of God and God, but receive the impostor who calls himself God. For that he will assume the name of God, the angel teaches Daniel, saying these words, Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers. And the apostle says: Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition: who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God; in the temple of God he said; not our temple, but the old Jewish temple. For he will come not to us but to the Jews: not for Christ or the things of Christ: wherefore he is called Antichrist."

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/33044.

The idea that the Antichrist will be enthroned in Rome and exist within the physical structures of the church seem to be from the "La Salette apparitions of the Virgin Mary," in which Our Lady seems to speak blasphemy:

"I gave you six days to work; I kept the seventh for myself, and no one wishes to grant it to me. This is what weighs down the arm of my Son so much."

Generally that's how the devil works: he gives you mostly orthodox ideas, but adds a very subtle drop of heresy that poisons the whole faith. It's like a gasoline tank with a tiny hole; you don't want to run your car with that problem.

Such tactics remind me of the Bayside apparitions, which both of us can admit are demonic - how the vision just subtly slipped in the idea that test tube babies aren't human beings.

you claim" Our Lady seems to speak blasphemy"  how so?

how do you claim to be Catholic with a straight face?