Author Topic: Where should I go now? Eastern Orthodoxy or SSPX Latin Catholic  (Read 22760 times)

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Re: Where should I go now? Eastern Orthodoxy or SSPX Latin Catholic
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
Listen, miracles happen in all religions that believe in God minus islam for some reason. They happen even in Old Testament even if they are not Christians.

My miracles are miracles in which God is purpotedly asked which Church is true and responds. So yes, my miracles beat the sund dancing mirac;le because was directed to which Church is true.

See Sun dancing shows Catholics pray to God, Holy water miracle shows Orthodox are true Church.
God the Father is great. God the Father is good.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2017, 11:18:49 PM »
Listen, miracles happen in all religions that believe in God minus islam for some reason. They happen even in Old Testament even if they are not Christians.

My miracles are miracles in which God is purpotedly asked which Church is true and responds. So yes, my miracles beat the sund dancing mirac;le because was directed to which Church is true.

See Sun dancing shows Catholics pray to God, Holy water miracle shows Orthodox are true Church.

The sun-dancing miracle confirmed people in their belief in the Fatima messages, which explicitly include papal primacy, purgatory, Immaculate Conception, and other RC distinctives.  Pretending that all it proves is that RCs worship God while your holy water competitions prove Orthodoxy is the true Church is wishful thinking, to put it politely.

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2017, 11:35:03 PM »
Can you bring details on the part of messages that show what you are saying?

Why would Catholic Holy water need salt? Why would it not remain crisp like orthodox?

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Diocese of Korsun
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2017, 11:44:59 PM »
Another story. A protestant woman enters Catholic Church and pray to Saint Francisc to show the true Church. She is shown a vision of Saint Serafim of sarov and understands Orthodox is the true Church.

Ask God and find the answer.

:) I heard this story before. It happened in France.
O strange Orthodox Church, so poor and weak, with neither the organization nor the culture of the West, staying afloat as if by a miracle in the face of so many trials, tribulations and struggles; a Church of contrasts, both so traditional and so free, so archaic and so alive, so ritualist and so personally involved, a Church where the priceless pearl of the Gospel is assiduously preserved, sometimes under a layer of dust; a Church which in shadows and silence maintains above all the eternal val

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2017, 11:47:42 PM »
I took the holy water from Orthodox Church, it last for long time. Didn't get bad. Holy Water from Orthodox Church really is a miracle.
O strange Orthodox Church, so poor and weak, with neither the organization nor the culture of the West, staying afloat as if by a miracle in the face of so many trials, tribulations and struggles; a Church of contrasts, both so traditional and so free, so archaic and so alive, so ritualist and so personally involved, a Church where the priceless pearl of the Gospel is assiduously preserved, sometimes under a layer of dust; a Church which in shadows and silence maintains above all the eternal val

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2017, 12:06:42 AM »
There are also the annual miracles of Orthodox Church:
Holy Light http://www.holyfire.org/eng/velich.htm, Jordan river moving backward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKXarmqrcL4&t=13s and cloud on Mount Tabor that comes yearly https://www.google.com/search?q=cloud+tabor+miracle&oq=cloud+tabor++miracle&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.10802j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8.
When catholics wanted to receive Holy Light the Holy Light did not come to them and come to orthodox showing Orthodox is true Church.

Offline Porter ODoran

• St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Toumarches
  • Monahos.net: "Lawful Evil"; OC.net: "Chaotic Evil"
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2017, 12:48:55 AM »
For me, I rely on the Sign of the Prophet Jonah to confirm the Church.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2017, 12:59:36 AM »
There are also the annual miracles of Orthodox Church:
Holy Light http://www.holyfire.org/eng/velich.htm, Jordan river moving backward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKXarmqrcL4&t=13s and cloud on Mount Tabor that comes yearly https://www.google.com/search?q=cloud+tabor+miracle&oq=cloud+tabor++miracle&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.10802j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8.
When catholics wanted to receive Holy Light the Holy Light did not come to them and come to orthodox showing Orthodox is true Church.
Someone once said only an evil and perverse generation seeks a sign  :police:
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2017, 01:04:05 AM »
I think it is very scary. Just by watching some SSPX, Sedevacantist and Michael Voris videos made me very scared.

And the first thing pop into my mind is to contact SSPX priest to talk to.

Is it really from God?
Stop the SSPX stuff. It is not helpful nor healthy.

The cure is more Orthodoxy.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2017, 01:05:58 AM »
Personally I feel more comfortable and feel more peace in Orthodox church.

When I have conversation with Orthodox priests,the Orthodox priests are so calm and humble. They have a lot of patience.

I think it is very scary. Just by watching some SSPX, Sedevacantist and Michael Voris videos made me very scared.

Is it really from God?

There is your answer.  Sacred scripture says God is Love.   If reading SSPX agitprop makes you nervour or upset, and you feel at peace in Orthodoxy, the choice should be obvious. 

I don't understand why you are still even wrestling with this question.

It is not quite that easy, obviously. The mere fact that he is having doubts does not indicate that Orthodoxy is right (for him).
No, it just proves the scars of Ultramontanism do not heal quickly.

Offline Vanhyo

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Layman in the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2017, 02:27:09 AM »
Another story. A protestant woman enters Catholic Church and pray to Saint Francisc to show the true Church. She is shown a vision of Saint Serafim of sarov and understands Orthodox is the true Church.

It's hard to beat 70,000 people watching the sun "dance" in Fatima, Portugal on 13 October 1917.
If that wasn't a hallucination but a real event, it should have been visible from the whole world (or half the planet).

I remember a story but I don't know if I can retell it right, it was something like this:

There was an orthodox elder on a ship, and when the ship was passing by some land people began to see something amazing, miracolous and extra ordinary, it was on a massive scale, so they were all in awe because of what they were seeing, only the elder understood that this was a deception of the devil, so he crossed himself and the falsehood disappeared from his eyesight.

I don't know if Fatima is true or not, but I am very suspicious about it.

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2017, 02:47:10 AM »
^ There's an old saying, Not all that glitters is gold.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2017, 03:30:21 AM »

It's hard to beat 70,000 people watching the sun "dance" in Fatima, Portugal on 13 October 1917.
If that wasn't a hallucination but a real event, it should have been visible from the whole world (or half the planet).

I remember a story but I don't know if I can retell it right, it was something like this:

There was an orthodox elder on a ship, and when the ship was passing by some land people began to see something amazing, miracolous and extra ordinary, it was on a massive scale, so they were all in awe because of what they were seeing, only the elder understood that this was a deception of the devil, so he crossed himself and the falsehood disappeared from his eyesight.

I think Fatima is one of the reason that I am struggling with my faith so much. I don't know the event of Fatima might prove that Roman Catholic Church is the true Christian Church...
However, some of the messages of Fatima I feel they are kind of strange....

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2017, 03:41:44 AM »
I think it was impossible that 70,000 people got hallucinated. However, as Vanhyo said: " If that wasn't a hallucination but a real event, it should have been visible from the whole world (or half the planet)." I am so confuse about Fatima...

The event of Fatima made me struggle more about my faith.

The world we live now has so much confusion....apparition, private revelation....Even in RC, apparition and private revelation can not be the dogma... but I don't know why they are promoting those apparition and private revelation???
I really wish God will show me the true signs of real Church soon...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:43:19 AM by Anthony1986 »

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2017, 03:54:08 AM »
A lot of Catholics that go to mass regularly think that Roman Catholic Church is the true church that free from errors. They don't see any problems or errors inside the Catholic Church.

However, SSPX said that the post Vatican II Roman Catholic Church is in serious error. But they still want to be part of Roman Catholic Church. They want to have the regular canonical status...

And the sedevacantists believe that after Vatican II that all the Popes are anti-Popes...

In Orthodox side, there are  Old Calendarists, Kiev patriarchate, Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church, Macedonian Orthodox church...

Wow, there is just so much confusion...

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2017, 03:59:21 AM »
Personally I feel more comfortable and feel more peace in Orthodox church.

When I have conversation with Orthodox priests,the Orthodox priests are so calm and humble. They have a lot of patience.

Is it really from God?

There is your answer.  Sacred scripture says God is Love.   If reading SSPX agitprop makes you nervour or upset, and you feel at peace in Orthodoxy, the choice should be obvious. 

I don't understand why you are still even wrestling with this question.

It is not quite that easy, obviously. The mere fact that he is having doubts does not indicate that Orthodoxy is right (for him).
No, it just proves the scars of Ultramontanism do not heal quickly.

It is true...Ultramontanism...absolutely obedience... just very difficult to get over ...

Offline Vanhyo

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Layman in the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2017, 04:27:03 AM »
I just realised typing from my tablet causes the letter "I" when alone to be a big one, if I don't explicitly tell it to use a small one, silly bugs.

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2017, 05:46:47 AM »
To all those who think that private revelations or miracles could be used as a means to determine which church is the church: Forget it. Fatima does not prove that Catholicism is right, the Jerusalem Easter fire or some holy water freshness competition does not prove that Orthodoxy is right. This is all nonsense. I am not saying miracles do not happen - they certainly do - but revelation ended with the death of the last apostle. Period. Fatima and Easter fires are completely irrelevant. It is beneficial to remember Deuteronomy 6,16.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:48:52 AM by Lepanto »
Sanctus Deus, Sanctus fortis, Sanctus immortalis, miserere nobis.

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2017, 08:14:01 AM »
There is no confusion if you read Legend of White Cowl where an angel said that Russian Orthodox Church will be true until the end and that The Fourth Rome will be no more.

Miracles do hasppen even after Jesus came and even in Bible we see people with gifts.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2017, 09:16:43 AM »
There is no confusion if you read Legend of White Cowl where an angel said that Russian Orthodox Church will be true until the end and that The Fourth Rome will be no more.

Since the Legend of the White Cowl rests on the spurious Donation of Constantine, it falls apart from the beginning.
Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Freemason Homo Church Infiltrator
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »

Since the Legend of the White Cowl rests on the spurious Donation of Constantine, it falls apart from the beginning.

We can all agree that the white cowl is a pretty sweet hat.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: Greek
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »
I think it was impossible that 70,000 people got hallucinated. However, as Vanhyo said: " If that wasn't a hallucination but a real event, it should have been visible from the whole world (or half the planet)." I am so confuse about Fatima...

The event of Fatima made me struggle more about my faith.
There are reports of the miracle of the sun as far as Italy and Belgium.

Still, not even the Roman Church posits belief on the apparitions in Fatima as an item of faith.  So, do not struggle with it, for it is not part of the Catholic faith.  Save your energies to struggle with those difficult items of the Catholic faith; Fatima is just a sentimental distraction.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:04:49 AM by Sharbel »
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2017, 11:09:04 AM »
Can you bring details on the part of messages that show what you are saying?

Why would Catholic Holy water need salt? Why would it not remain crisp like orthodox?

It's a symbolic act taken from the Bible:

II (IV) Kings 2

19 Now the men of the city said to Eli′sha, “Behold, the situation of this city is pleasant, as my lord sees; but the water is bad, and the land is unfruitful.” 20 He said, “Bring me a new bowl, and put salt in it.” So they brought it to him. 21 Then he went to the spring of water and threw salt in it, and said, “Thus says the Lord, I have made this water wholesome; henceforth neither death nor miscarriage shall come from it.” 22 So the water has been wholesome to this day, according to the word which Eli′sha spoke.

Why do the Orthodox plunge the Holy Cross into the water when sanctifying it? 

Exodus 15

22 Then Moses led Israel onward from the Red Sea, and they went into the wilderness of Shur; they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. 23 When they came to Marah, they could not drink the water of Marah because it was bitter; therefore it was named Marah. 24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?” 25 And he cried to the Lord; and the Lord showed him a tree, and he threw it into the water, and the water became sweet.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2017, 11:10:32 AM »
Someone once said only an evil and perverse generation seeks a sign  :police:

For me, I rely on the Sign of the Prophet Jonah to confirm the Church.

+1

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2017, 11:21:37 AM »

As someone else said above, it was seen in other places in Western Europe, not just in that one town. 

In any case, your reasoning is not good.  Natural phenomena like solar eclipses are not "visible from the whole world (or half the planet)", yet they are "real events".  The risen Christ appeared to hundreds of people, even though he did not reveal himself openly to all as risen from the dead--I don't think you'd say that was just an apostolic hallucination.     

That's understandable.  You are suspicious of things that happen outside your Church.  But be suspicious in a less irresponsible way. 

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2017, 11:37:03 AM »
To all those who think that private revelations or miracles could be used as a means to determine which church is the church: Forget it. Fatima does not prove that Catholicism is right, the Jerusalem Easter fire or some holy water freshness competition does not prove that Orthodoxy is right. This is all nonsense. I am not saying miracles do not happen - they certainly do - but revelation ended with the death of the last apostle. Period. Fatima and Easter fires are completely irrelevant. It is beneficial to remember Deuteronomy 6,16.

Now here's an interesting claim.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Freemason Homo Church Infiltrator
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2017, 12:23:52 PM »
Why do the Orthodox plunge the Holy Cross into the water when sanctifying it? 

It makes it tastier.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »
AN APPEAL TO TRADITIONAL ROMAN CATHOLICS FROM AN ORTHODOX CATHOLIC PRIEST
Not bad, the conversational style, the benevolent wording, the Western rite option for the trad Catholics.
Might actually trick a few, unfortunately.
If Catholics write similar documents it is called propaganda and proselytism.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:52:28 PM by Lepanto »

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
Not bad, the conversational style, the benevolent wording, the Western rite option for the trad Catholics.

The reality of Rome crumbling and Orthodoxy rising, coupled with the reality of five Roman Patriarchates, of which the Roman Church split from the other four are not propaganda but demonstrable.
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2017, 02:00:41 PM »

The reality of Rome crumbling and Orthodoxy rising, coupled with the reality of five Roman Patriarchates, of which the Roman Church split from the other four are not propaganda but demonstrable.
Your post contains a Freudian error. Find it?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »

To be fair, you call it propaganda.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »

Yikes. History and reality is not of note but Freud's psychopathy is? I think you need to re-access your priorities.
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2017, 02:11:56 PM »

Yikes. History and reality is not of note but Freud's psychopathy is? I think you need to re-access your priorities.
You mean re-assess? This is not history but your version of it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:12:39 PM by Lepanto »

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2017, 02:15:58 PM »

For the record, I believe it's an untrue claim. The Apostles were given a special mission, it can't be denied, and possibly combinations of gifts unique to themselves, I don't know, but they were hardly alone in an access of the Holy Spirit. The teaching that Christ's promises were for the Twelve alone is popular in Protestant circles but often leads to preterism and other heresies.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »

LOL You're beyond hope if you're a post-modernist post-truth type. "Access" is what spell-check did, apparently it got it wrong.

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2017, 02:21:43 PM »

LOL You're beyond hope if you're a post-modernist post-truth type. "Access" is what spell-check did, apparently it got it wrong.
I apologize. Trying to debate on the basis of spelling mistakes is childish. This polemics too often get the better of me.

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2017, 02:23:33 PM »
I just have a question. After the great-schism didn't the Orthodox Church suffered from the other schism? For example: Old Believer, Old Calendarist, Kiev patriarchate, Macedonian Orthodox Church, Montenegrin Orthodox Church....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:24:16 PM by Anthony1986 »

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2017, 02:31:42 PM »

I apologize. Trying to debate on the basis of spelling mistakes is childish. This polemics too often get the better of me.

It happens to us all. I think the servers were not blessed properly, or something.

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2017, 02:33:23 PM »

For the record, I believe it's an untrue claim. The Apostles were given a special mission, it can't be denied, and possibly combinations of gifts unique to themselves, I don't know, but they were hardly alone in an access of the Holy Spirit. The teaching that Christ's promises were for the Twelve alone is popular in Protestant circles but often leads to preterism and other heresies.
http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius10/p10lamen.htm

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2017, 02:34:08 PM »
I just have a question. After the great-schism didn't the Orthodox Church suffered from the other schism? For example: Old Believer, Old Calendarist, Kiev patriarchate, Macedonian Orthodox Church, Montenegrin Orthodox Church....

Old Believer is a good example. The last three are political issues. The Genuine Church folks -- I don't know; it's pretty recent. But, yes, Orthodoxy suffers its schisms.

On the other hand, Roman Catholicism has been veritably torn apart again and again post-1054, and even pretending the Reformation no longer counts, small schisms persist today.

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2017, 02:35:05 PM »

So you're recanting?

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2017, 02:38:30 PM »

So you're recanting?
No. Read carefully: It is a list of errors to be condemned.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2017, 02:40:45 PM »
Or Psychiatry calling sight and hearing hallucinations and voices.
The Sign and Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »

So you're recanting?
No. Read carefully: It is a list of errors to be condemned.

Gotcha. Well, it's a good thing the rhetoric of Lord Cardinals and General Inquisitors are chaff. On the surface, it's bizarre that a church which pronounces the infallibility of its magisterium would condemn those who say "revelation" did not end with the Bible. On the other hand, sophistries that have no real purpose but to daze opposition on behalf of the Vicar of Christ are a thousand-year-old tradition and shouldn't surprise anyone.