OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 20, 2014, 11:08:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are Benny Hinn's "Miricles" Real?
Absolutly - 0 (0%)
Not sure, but it is posible - 5 (19.2%)
Probably Not - 9 (34.6%)
No way - 12 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Benny Hinn  (Read 1805 times) Average Rating: 0
Girl
Search the unknown

« on: September 19, 2005, 01:15:38 PM »

Has anyone personally known someone who has be healed by him?

I hear so many people say that he is fake and these miricle people are just acters. What do you think?

"Go out and make disciples of all nations" (Mathew 28:19)
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 02:15:49 PM »

He's a quackity quack quack quack.

Peace.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 03:15:53 PM »

I think he is evil.  I have seen some videos on him and he says some very bizarre things.  Plus two of his senior associates died of cocaine/heroin overdoses in 1997--seems not all is good at his "ministry."  That he is an apostate from the Orthodox Church just makes matters worse (for him).

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
donkeyhotay

Jurisdiction: Greek

"God, Who provides for all, will not desert us"

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 03:17:09 PM »

He's an incredible charlatan.  When I see Benny Hinn, I think of Mark Twain's story about the mesmerer.  This is because Hank Hanegraaf includes the account in his book Counterfeit Revival, which I read back in my Protestant days. Here is an online document which goes over some of the material in that book.

I know many around here probably don't like Hank Hanegraaf, but he has done a great deal of research on these charlatans, and I think we can all agree that what they do is awful.

A dog is better than I am, for he has love and does not judge.
-Abba Xanthias
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 11:33:45 AM »

My understanding is that he is Palestinian Arab, baptized Orthodox. I have seen him lately dressed in black with a small white collar similar to an Orthodox or Catholic priest (no cassock).  He is strange and bases his "ministry" on revelations he "received" concerning baptism of the Holy Spirit. Needless to say, sadly, he has made a very good living for himself. There are lost sheep everywhere willing to "buy" hope from someone like him.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
Timos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 12:52:29 PM »

His mother is actually Armenian and his father is apparently Greek and he was Greek Orthodox but left the church in his youth when he came to North America...i think it was Canada. Neways he went protestant and never came back.
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 02:02:40 PM »

Going Protestant is one thing.

Going off the track is another.

This is a sad statement that immigrant/cradle Orthodox lose their faith upon arriving in a new country.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
MBZ

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 04:22:03 PM »

Hi all!

I met Benny Hinn (a local boy from Tel Aviv-Jaffa; there's a substantial Arab Christian community in Old Jaffa) back in early 1992 when he came here with a rather large group. I was working as a security guard/medic with a local company & we provided security at the Jerusalem Convention Center where Rev. Hinn was going to be. He was introduced to the security staff before the revival (?) & when he was introduced to me & was told that I was doubling as the medic-on-call, he shook my hand & said, "Well sir, we won't be needing your services tonight; there are going to be miracles here!" I thought, "OK..." He put on quite a show, that's the word I'll use. Everyone in the audience were either people who had signed up to come with him from the USA or local (Arab) Christians. Some of my native Israeli colleagues were in shock as Rev. Hinn did his stuff; they had never seen anything like it. He spoke about the late Kathryn Kuhlman, whom he had seen once in (my home town of) Pittsburgh, & from whom, I gather, he has learned/copied much. One thing he said sticks out in my mind (such as it is). He said that he was so excited to see her for the first time that when the doors opened at the hall where she was appearing, he pushed & barrelled past everyone and ran down to get a seat in the first row. I remember thinking he was such a heel & that he should have, rather, helped sick and elderly people to find seats rather than shoving past everyone to get one of the best seats for himself. I was not impressed.

Be well!

MBZ

"Peace, peace to him that is far off and to him that is near." [Isaiah 57:19]

"Gather your wits and hold on fast..." [The Who]

"Lose your dreams and you could lose your mind." [The Rolling Stones]

http://tinyurl.com/bvskq

[url=htt
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 09:56:19 PM »

When my friend was diagnosed with an aggressive, rare form of cancer at the age of 16 (this was about 1998), and given months to live, a number of people in his Church urged him to go to a Benny Hinn event to get healed. He didn't, but recovered anyway. Supposing he had gone, and then recovered, would this have been attributed to Hinn? Maybe. I'm sure Hinn himself would have had no doubts as to why my friend was healed. I think that God heals whom he will. As the Scripture says, "the prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective," and that's why saints can heal people sometimes. But ordinary Joes (or Bennys) are a different story. If miracles happen at a Benny Hinn event, it's not because of him, but probably almost in spite of him (judging by some of the senationalistic antics I've seen on TV).

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 10:37:46 PM »

I saw a documentary about Benny Hinn and other suposed healers, they concluded that he actualy doesn't cure anyone in reality (there was a very sad case of a Paki boy who had cancer and he had promised to cure him, but the little boy died), he makes them feel better through a kind of hypnosis or mass histeria.

I know he's a heretical preacher but he seems qute interdenominational actualy (with this kind of "Holy Ghost" speech) and not as Protestant and heretical than the standard Evangelical American preachers who are staunch promoters of the New World Order and the Zionist conspiracy.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 11:27:28 PM »

Texe Marrs's "The Blind and the Dead" documentary is a great expose of televangelists.  If you can find it it is hilarious and sad but at the same time his other material is highly questionable so I will refrain from giving out the link.  For those of you who are not adverse to using the internet "lending library" known as BitTorrent, it's available there too.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags: Benny Hinn Celebrities I Never Met 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: