Author Topic: Antiochian Holy Week - 1961  (Read 227 times)

Offline Brigidsboy

• Elder
  • Faith: Armenian Apostolic
  • Jurisdiction: Holy See of Cilicia
Antiochian Holy Week - 1961
« on: June 22, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »
Metropolitan Anthony Bashir serving with other clergy from the East Coast.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jz9xYqE9R_o&rdm=2n10fa6yg&noapp=1&client=mv-google&layout=mobile
"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: Antiochian Holy Week - 1961
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:15:53 AM »
What a beautiful rare find.   Memory eternal to Metropolitan Anthony Bashir and Metropolitan Philip Saliba!

Also, to Fr. Seraphim Nasser, whose Liturgikon is read from by the priest at one point (I own a fragile copy of the same print edition depicted), and which is being used as the main source of the English texts.

Of any of the younger clergy, including readers/choir boys depicted in that film, are any still alive and serving in the Church?
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.