Since my typing has gone down the tubes of late, I decided to use the spell check that sits down next to "Post". There's a side issue of its word list being deficient in theological terminology, but the bigger problem I noticed was that after a while it was not putting the corrections in the right place. For instance, in the post I tried this on, after a bit the changed text was two characters to the right, so that it changed
"this has been splel-checked"
"this has been spspellhecked"
My theory is that at least one of my changes made the text short/longer (hmmmm... I think shorter) and the replacement was made on the basis of the old length rather than the new.