Author Topic: Rorate Caeli: 'Russia Will Be Catholic'  (Read 6741 times)

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
Rorate Caeli: 'Russia Will Be Catholic'
« on: June 09, 2017, 01:13:20 PM »
An interesting, strange, and rather confused article that seems to argue, among other things, that Orthodoxy's failure to submit to the Pope is the ultimate cause of revolutions. The conversion of Russia, as requested by the Fatima apparition, is linked explicitly to the efforts of various 19th century Russian renegades who established societies to pray for the conversion of Russia to Catholicism.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/06/de-matteis-double-article-russia-will.html
Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Re: Rorate Caeli: 'Russia Will Be Catholic'
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »
"Rather confused" is a charitable way to put it. It was nearly unreadable. It was all over the place and I still am not sure I understand what the point of it was.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 01:41:25 PM »
Only a European could write this garbage.

Online Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Foolishness to the Greeks
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
Consider the source.

"The Association of Prayers for the Triumph of the Blessed Immaculate Virgin in the conversion of the Eastern Schismatics, especially the Russians, to the Catholic Faith" is a fun name for a society, though.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:17:42 PM by Agabus »
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 02:54:07 PM »
Do they want clown masses in Znamenie?
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 02:55:48 PM »
Consider the source.

"The Association of Prayers for the Triumph of the Blessed Immaculate Virgin in the conversion of the Eastern Schismatics, especially the Russians, to the Catholic Faith" is a fun name for a society, though.

'The APTBIVCESERCF' just doesn't have the same ring.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • "With great power comes great electric bill."
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 03:00:10 PM »
Roberto de Mattei is a reformed Catholic historian.  Surprise! ;)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »
Consider the source.

The name of their organization actually contains parenthetical elements offset with commas, huh?  Was their founder an ancestor of Alpha60?
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Online Agabus

• Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 03:31:23 PM »
Consider the source.

The name of their organization actually contains parenthetical elements offset with commas, huh?  Was their founder an ancestor of Alpha60?

It's much simpler than that. Alpha60 is a 200-year-old liturgical android programmed to think in classical Russian and write with the excess of the Victorian English.That it caught a fancy for middle eastern vestments and naval administration is just a natural progression of episcopal AI drift.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »
Consider the source.

It's much simpler than that. Alpha60 is a 200-year-old liturgical android programmed to think in classical Russian and write with the excess of the Victorian English.That it caught a fancy for middle eastern vestments and naval administration is just a natural progression of episcopal AI drift.

Makes sense.  I'll say this for it: of the AI programs we presently have running on oc.net, it's by far the most coherent and the least passive-aggressive trolly.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline christiane777

• Elder
  • and drinketh water of the raine of heauen
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: God
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 06:25:33 PM »
An interesting, strange, and rather confused article that seems to argue, among other things, that Orthodoxy's failure to submit to the Pope is the ultimate cause of revolutions. The conversion of Russia, as requested by the Fatima apparition, is linked explicitly to the efforts of various 19th century Russian renegades who established societies to pray for the conversion of Russia to Catholicism.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/06/de-matteis-double-article-russia-will.html

Yeah, I saw this yesterday.  Didn't read it too far.  It is a little embarrassing.  Part of me really respects what traditional Catholics represent, stand for, another part not so much (no offense to any individual person).  At times there is almost an air of lunacy to it, rivalling even the Jesuits, that sort of thing.  I can't deny it.  As far as I am concerned the true traditional Catholic is an Orthodox.  ESPECIALLY in this context, i.e. Russia.   If we were talking about turning Italy or France or Ireland Catholic I would be a lot more enthusiastic about the mission.
I was in the spirit on the Lords day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Offline Rohzek

• OC.net guru
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 06:50:27 PM »
What sort of terrible writer leaves their argument/thesis for the final line of their article?
"Il ne faut imaginer Dieu ni trop bon, ni méchant. La justice est entre l'excès de la clémence et la cruauté, ainsi que les peines finies sont entre l'impunité et les peines éternelles." - Denise Diderot, Pensées philosophiques 1746

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • wat?
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 12:55:06 AM »
Love surfing the net using things like this as a starting point. My favorite was a link which took me to a publication called The Remnant, where I read articles on things like Trump fighting against the New World Order (sure Trump has his issues, the article vaguely brings up, but hey, Constantine wasn't perfect either! One commenter seemed to think that King David was a better comparison; YMMV)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:55:48 AM by Asteriktos »

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 01:02:58 AM »
Love surfing the net using things like this as a starting point. My favorite was a link which took me to a publication called The Remnant, where I read articles on things like Trump fighting against the New World Order (sure Trump has his issues, the article vaguely brings up, but hey, Constantine wasn't perfect either! One commenter seemed to think that King David was a better comparison; YMMV)
I saw comparisons with Darius the Great when he rose to power.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:03:50 AM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 02:07:37 AM »
Accidentally, I saw the same thing on a German page yesterday. de Mattei writes reasonable stuff most of the time. I think it is a part of some article series on the conversion of Russia to the Una Sancta. So there is probably more to come.
Sanctus Deus, Sanctus fortis, Sanctus immortalis, miserere nobis.

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: Greek
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 10:46:41 AM »
An interesting, strange, and rather confused article that seems to argue, among other things, that Orthodoxy's failure to submit to the Pope...
Aren't these the same people who say that the last few popes haven't been true popes, thus they have refused to submit to the last few popes? And the mind blows...  :o
Sanctus Deus
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ
Άγιος ο Θεός

Offline tcolon90

• Faith: The Way
  • Jurisdiction: + Michael - Diocese NY & NJ
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 07:10:07 AM »
The devil has been trying to apostacize Russia for years. Nothing new here.

I mean really. Anyone ever wonder why its always Russia?
"For where the body is, the eagles will gather."

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 04:32:15 PM »
Russia has been Catholic for over a millenium.

When will the Vatican?
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Online Agabus

• Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »
I saw comparisons with Darius the Great when he rose to power.

I think any good that will happen will be akin to that under Jeroboam II.

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »

When will the Vatican?
Rome has been Catholic a few hundred years before the first man was baptized in Russia. Even my diocese is older than Russian Orthodoxy. So hold your horses.

Offline Porter ODoran

• St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Toumarches
  • Monahos.net: "Lawful Evil"; OC.net: "Chaotic Evil"
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »

When will the Vatican?
Rome has been Catholic a few hundred years before the first man was baptized in Russia. Even my diocese is older than Russian Orthodoxy. So hold your horses.

"I will come unto thee quickly and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent" (our Lord to the apostate churches).
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »
Maybe they could try converting and crusading around Lake Peipus first.  St Alexander Nevsky Pray for us!

• Taxiarches
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 09:21:16 PM »
Maybe they could try converting and crusading around Lake Peipus first.  St Alexander Nevsky Pray for us!

Amen!

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Diocese of Korsun
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »
RC should worry about Latin America rather than Russia.

Guatemala and Honduras used to be Catholic majority. However, right now, RC only made up about 50% of population.

O strange Orthodox Church, so poor and weak, with neither the organization nor the culture of the West, staying afloat as if by a miracle in the face of so many trials, tribulations and struggles; a Church of contrasts, both so traditional and so free, so archaic and so alive, so ritualist and so personally involved, a Church where the priceless pearl of the Gospel is assiduously preserved, sometimes under a layer of dust; a Church which in shadows and silence maintains above all the eternal val

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »

Guatemala and Honduras used to be Catholic majority. However, right now, RC only made up about 50% of population.

Right.  And chasing the Pentecostals around the schoolyard with so-called "Charismatic Catholicism" isn't a viable answer.

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 06:55:06 PM »
In The Legend of White Cowl the angel said that Russia will stay true until the end. So no Russia to Catholicism.

We need to pray for Russia to stay true until the end.

I don't believe the angel was wrong and I believe that Russia will stay true until the end.
God the Father is great. God the Father is good.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 07:07:11 PM »

Right.  And chasing the Pentecostals around the schoolyard with so-called "Charismatic Catholicism" isn't a viable answer.

I agree. "Catholic" Europe is dead, and Latin America is dying fast. They need to get their house in order, or else there won't be a 1 billion strong Roman Catholic Church for very long.
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline MalpanaGiwargis

• High Elder
  • Māran etraḥam 'lay!
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 10:35:52 PM »

I agree. "Catholic" Europe is dead, and Latin America is dying fast. They need to get their house in order, or else there won't be a 1 billion strong Roman Catholic Church for very long.

I sincerely doubt that number as it is. I wonder what percentage of that 1 billion are actually active, practicing adherents...
Woe is me, that I have read the commandments,
   and have become learned in the Scriptures,
and have been instructed in Your glories,
   and yet I have become occupied in shameful things!

(Giwargis Warda, On Compunction of Soul)

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »

I sincerely doubt that number as it is. I wonder what percentage of that 1 billion are actually active, practicing adherents...

Why does that matter? It's not a test of piety, it's a distinction between faith populations around the world.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline MalpanaGiwargis

• High Elder
  • Māran etraḥam 'lay!
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 10:13:15 AM »

Why does that matter? It's not a test of piety, it's a distinction between faith populations around the world.

You seem nice.
Woe is me, that I have read the commandments,
   and have become learned in the Scriptures,
and have been instructed in Your glories,
   and yet I have become occupied in shameful things!

(Giwargis Warda, On Compunction of Soul)

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 10:27:23 AM »
Is like Christian ad nauseaum . . . I'm not that Christian.
The Sign and Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 10:29:02 AM »

Europe is across the Atlantic on the other Continents.
The Sign and Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 10:30:59 AM »
WPM is the dril of OC.net. A pure artist.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:31:39 AM by Cyrillic »

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »

I agree. "Catholic" Europe is dead
Not quite yet, not quite yet.
What do you know about it? I still hope things will stabilize - though admittedly at a much lower level, obviously.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:37:46 AM by Lepanto »

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »

What do you know about it? I still hope things will stabilize - though admittedly at a much lower level, obviously.

Isn't Bavaria still disproportionally religious compared to other regions in Europe?

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Why am I still here?
  • Faith: New Calendarist
  • Jurisdiction: Priestly Society of St. John Ireland
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 10:49:06 AM »

I just need to find out how to say it in Slavonic!

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »

Isn't Bavaria still disproportionally religious compared to other regions in Europe?
It depends. In rural areas - where I am coming from - it still partly is the case. But we are loosing ground dramatically. The church played a major role in everyone's lifes, up to the generation of my parents. My generation is going to lose it.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »

It depends. In rural areas - where I am coming from - it still partly is the case. But we are loosing ground dramatically. The church played a major role in everyone's lifes, up to the generation of my parents. My generation is going to lose it.

Sad to hear.

Offline Lepanto

• High Elder
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2017, 11:09:18 AM »

Sad to hear.
Yes. But it is our own fault. It's all about passing on the faith to your children. It's the same for me, symptomatic: Chances are my children will not be Catholic, but Orthodox. This may not appear as a problem to you, but it would have been unthinkable two generations ago.

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »

You seem nice.

Thank you.

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »

Catholic Europe is not dead yet.
In Madrid, the small Catholic parish near my residence the 20:00 daily Mass there are about 70 people go to Mass. A lot of young people go to Mass every day.
During the Sunday Mass the entire church is packed.
There are so many young people in their early 20s. The people who line up for confession are generally young people around age of 20-30.

Interesting thing is the young people tend to receive communion by tongue. However, the older people tend to receive communion by hand.
I had a talk with my Spanish friend, he said that the younger generation of people in Spain begin to rediscover their faith. There are many young university students in Spain belong to various Catholic movements like Opus Dei.

O strange Orthodox Church, so poor and weak, with neither the organization nor the culture of the West, staying afloat as if by a miracle in the face of so many trials, tribulations and struggles; a Church of contrasts, both so traditional and so free, so archaic and so alive, so ritualist and so personally involved, a Church where the priceless pearl of the Gospel is assiduously preserved, sometimes under a layer of dust; a Church which in shadows and silence maintains above all the eternal val

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »
Sadly, in Madrid in Novos Ordo Mass almost no woman cover their hair...

Offline Porter ODoran

• Toumarches
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2017, 02:30:57 PM »

That is sad. But there are things that are much sadder. "Count your blessings," as they say.

Offline Anthony1986

• Elder
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2017, 02:34:26 PM »

That is sad. But there are things that are much sadder. "Count your blessings," as they say.

It is true.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »

At least they have hair.