Author Topic: Message to Protestants: I do not judge  (Read 494 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Message to Protestants: I do not judge
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
If you are worried people such as myself are making it difficult for people to accept the gospel by saying I accept to be considered a Protestant until I see clearly you need to be orthodox because you are worried one day I will see the truth and someone you love will not
well I will never seperate myself from other Christians who repent and I hold that if orthodox is necessary all Protestants who repent will see the truth of orthodoxy without saying I know they will see orthodoxy because I don't know if God judges all for not being orthodox there may be some people that ought to be orthodox who God has shown them and their family they should be or they may be none at this time but in the future

And I do believe that if God wants them to be orthodox he will show all Protestants because I believe He will make them know His voice without us having to judge them as He said other flock I have who will hear My voice and there will be one flock and one shepherd but that may be about following Jesus and not the church
But as I said I will never judge any Protestants who repent and if they didn't become orthodox I won't conclude they didn't repent
Therefore if I see orthodoxy it is because I repented and because God wants me to be orthodox but even if you do not I can not conclude you did not repent because he may not think you need to be orthodox but clearly I am also saying you should repent to make sure
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:56:53 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Message to Protestants: I do not judge
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 05:05:13 PM »
I will however for myself not only try to repent but study orthodoxy in the meantime I accept to be considered Protestant. Because it is not evil to seek the truth we should want to know the truth however much we think what we find may be evil atleast when knowing the truth we can decide if we wanted to accept it or not if we can see it is right. But I think I am right about God's character.
I am only being honest that I am open to changing my views if I see them as wrong. Could that really be wrong in the eyes of a Protestant ? But they can pray for me to be strong in my faith in them or in God to show them so that I can be a greater blessing
I wish to keep my seeking to myself but I worry I will only be able to defend the faith to those who are still alive when I see the truth if they ask when they see me as someone who honestly tries to follow the truth
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:12:33 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Message to Protestants: I do not judge
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »
My dad says if God wants people to be orthodox He can stop the air to make them. That would be fair if they atleast want to be orthodox

Jesus said blessed are those who have not seen and believed but He still gave a miracle to Thomas. Not that Protestants are not blessed for not converting to orthodoxy without knowing it is Gods will
for it may be impossible from studying only by revelation of God which is like a miracle

My dad the church is not going to be destroyed if you don't tell people they must not convert. If it is the truth God will make sure people know it to stay in it. God even used to perform miracles to those who are worthy. We would think that is against free will but it is not

We make God powerless like He needs us He could easily

God has only made us responsible for our actions

We only have to worry about ourself what we think is true

Also my dad says if I marry a Protestant she won't even be against fasting and all that

My dad says whatever I preach it does not harm anyone but it harms myself I don't know if he means my earthly life/ also my soul

It only harms people when you have evil intention

I disagree it does not harm people for the simple reason jesus said if anyone calls his brother a fool is in danger of hell fire and the Pharisees receive greater condemnation because they prevent people from entering the kingdom and jesus said if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin it is better for a millstone is hung around his neck
Only God knows if He will hold someone accountable if he doesn't complete repentance though he started because repentance for sinners is difficult so it is better not to sin

When Jesus said no one can pluck My sheep out of My Fathers hand. It doesn't mean they can not get lose for Paul said if anyone comes to you and preaches any other gospel than what you have received let him be accursed. Jesus meant if God wants to help you the devil is not more powerful than God

I think my dad thinks I don't even need to make this post but I think some Protestants will disagree

Saint Paisios and Fr Brennan thinks some preaching is harmful

Saint Paisios writes

THE LETTER OF THE LAW CAN BE DEADLY

I had asked someone once: « What do you believe you are? Christ’s warrior or temptation’s warrior? Did you know that temptation also has its warriors? »

A Christian must not be fanatic; he must have love for all people.

Those who inconsiderately toss comments, even if they are true, can cause harm. I met an author who was extremely pious, but was in the habit of speaking to the (secular) people around him in a blunt manner, which however penetrated so deep that it shook them very severely. He told me at one time: “During a gathering, I said such and such a thing to a lady.” But the way that he said it, crushed her. “Look”, I said to him, “you may be tossing golden crowns studded with diamonds to other people, but the way that you throw them can smash heads – not only the sensitive ones, but the sound ones also.”

Let’s not stone our fellow-man in a…. Christian manner. The person who – in the presence of others – checks someone for having sinned, or speaks in an impassioned manner about a certain person, is not moved by the Spirit of God: he is moved by another spirit. The way of the Church is LOVE; it differs from the way of the legalists.

The Church sees everything with tolerance and seeks to help each person, whatever he may have done, however sinful he may be. I have observed a peculiar kind of logic in certain pious people. Their piety is a good thing, and their predisposition for good is also a good thing; however, a certain spiritual discernment and amplitude is required so that their piety is not accompanied by narrow-mindedness or strong-headedness (strong, as in “unturning”). The whole basis is for someone to be in a spiritual state, so that he may have that spiritual discernment, because otherwise he will forever remain attached to the “letter of the Law”, and the letter of the Law can be “deadly”.

The one who possesses humility will never act like a teacher; he will listen, and whenever his opinion is requested, he will respond humbly. In other words, he will reply like a student. Whoever believes that he is capable of correcting others is filled with egotism.

– Geronda (elder in Greek), when someone begins to do something with a good intention and eventually reaches an extreme point, does this mean that he lacks discernment?

– It is a latent egotism that is hidden beneath this action and he is unaware of it, because he does not know himself that well, which is why he goes to extremes. Quite often, people begin with good intentions, but look where they may find themselves! This was the case with the “icon-worshippers” and the “iconcombatters” in the past: both cases were extremes! The former had reached the point of scraping icons of Christ and placing the scrapings into the Holy Chalice in order to “improve” Holy Communion; the latter, on the other hand, burnt and totally discarded all icons….. That is why the Church was obliged to place the icons in higher places, out of reach, and, when the dispute was over, lowered them so that we can venerate them and thus confer the appropriate honor to the persons portrayed therein….

-Saint Paisios

Fr Brennan says

"We must never allow the authority of books, institutions, or leaders to replace the authority of knowing Jesus Christ personally and directly.

When the religious views of others interpose between us and the primary experience of Jesus as the Christ, we become unconvicted and unpersuasive travel agents handing out brochures to places we have never visited."-Fr Brennan Manning

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:00:48 AM by mikeforjesus »