Author Topic: Orthodoxinfo.com article on Oriental Orthodoxy  (Read 479 times)

Offline Jackson02

• Lord have mercy on me a sinner
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOC-A
Orthodoxinfo.com article on Oriental Orthodoxy
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:12:41 PM »
Sad to see there's still a lot of hate for the Oriental Orthodoxy as shown through this article. http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/east_orth.aspx
IC XC
NI KA

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: Orthodoxinfo.com article on Oriental Orthodoxy
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:13:57 PM »
I believe Orthodoxinfo.com, while it publishes many things by many folks, has a schismatic editorship. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »
I believe Orthodoxinfo.com, while it publishes many things by many folks, has a schismatic editorship. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends on what you mean by schismatic.  I think the webmaster started out with the "Cyprianite" TOC which was in communion with ROCOR pre-2007, but eventually joined the Serbian Church.
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline coptic orthodox boy

• High Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »
Sad to see there's still a lot of hate for the Oriental Orthodoxy as shown through this article. http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/east_orth.aspx

Jackson02

I encourage you to avoid Orthodox forums as you delve deeper into your pursuit of Orthodox Christianity, I really believe forums (like OC.net) do a lot more harm than good (granted I am an atheist now myself so take what I say with a grain of salt) to one's spiritual life.
Find a parish (whether OO or EO), talk with the priest, read into church history and patristics and pray. 
In many respects you remind me of myself when I left the Catholic church for Orthodoxy.  I ended up burning myself out and I honestly can see the same thing happening to you by the nature of your questions.

Shawn

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »

Depends on what you mean by schismatic.  I think the webmaster started out with the "Cyprianite" TOC which was in communion with ROCOR pre-2007, but eventually joined the Serbian Church.

Thank you for the clarification.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »
Any Netodox organization can have its biases and agendas and flaws. Some seem to have them in spades. Regardless, and needless to say, the Divine Liturgy is a thing just wholly different from Netodoxy in its very nature, and I'd strongly encourage you to seek your salvation there as have all the saints.

Offline Rohzek

• OC.net guru
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 05:36:26 PM »
Meh, Netodox forums can be cultish or breeding grounds for people who spew a lot of claims, but present no evidence. Then everyone nods and says, "Gosh golly, you're pretty smart mister" because they never think enough. OC.net doesn't seem to have that, but I have no idea what goes on behind those closed doors of the private fora. They could be sacrificing kittens for all I know.
"Il ne faut imaginer Dieu ni trop bon, ni méchant. La justice est entre l'excès de la clémence et la cruauté, ainsi que les peines finies sont entre l'impunité et les peines éternelles." - Denise Diderot, Pensées philosophiques 1746

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 05:45:28 PM »
Meh, Netodox forums can be cultish or breeding grounds for people who spew a lot of claims, but present no evidence. Then everyone nods and says, "Gosh golly, you're pretty smart mister" because they never think enough.

I don't think that's the problem. I think there are reasons individuals and communities become disoriented and deranged online, and they have more to do with society and technology warring against the true nature of things than with "not being smart like me." In fact, I venture to say you've described a symptom, of this grave illness, rather than a cure.

OC.net doesn't seem to have that, but I have no idea what goes on behind those closed doors of the private fora. They could be sacrificing kittens for all I know.

If only it were no worse than that. ;)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 05:50:49 PM »
...I have no idea what goes on behind those closed doors of the private fora. They could be sacrificing kittens for all I know.

PM Fr. George for access and help us descend into further levels of depravity!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:51:06 PM by Mor Ephrem »
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).