OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 08:28:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Rage  (Read 1537 times) Average Rating: 0
Timos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« on: September 14, 2005, 04:07:45 PM »

Hey everyone, this may seem silly but please pray that i pass my road test tomorrow morning. I'm really dying to drive as my parents have an extra car waiting for me...ill be able to use it for a few years until it breaks down even more, lol.

hopeful,
            Timos
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 06:16:10 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 06:58:59 PM »

prayers that you pass your driver's test!

hmmmm...
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 07:16:04 PM »

Prayers that the way you drive a vehicle with the examiner next to you will be the way you drive after you get your license!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 08:02:39 PM »

prayers

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 10:17:32 PM »

I'll pray for you.... Smiley
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:18:08 PM by Orthodox Bagpiper » Logged

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 10:25:20 PM »

Prayers that you'll pass, but even more prayers that you won't drive like I did (when I was an 18 year old)!  The guy who granted me a license should be sent to an Iranian prison!

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 11:43:58 PM »

You have my prayers...provided you don't live too close to me or my family Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 12:07:46 AM »

Turn your right foot at a 90 degree angle such that the heel of your right foot is on the brake pedal, and the top of your right foot is placed on the accelerator. Then, put the clutch in with your left foot, and push down with your right foot on the brakes and the accelerator simultaneously, revving the engine to approximately 5000 rpm and then...

Hmmm nah, I won’t corrupt you Wink; I’m sure you don’t want to destroy your car like that anyway. Be safe. I’ve learnt from my mistakes (and thank God I’ve survived those mistakes in order to learn from them) - may you learn not to make any in the first place.

Best of luck with the exam, rabena ma'ak,

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 09:19:53 AM »

Lord have mercy
Timos
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 01:51:24 PM »

thanks everyone for your prayers. I passed!!! hooray for me. lol

EA, I never knew you werel ike this...shaking my head....so then u should have no problem with being late for class or liturgies. Since your driving is up to par, you are disqualified to have the excuse Egyptian timing or SET (Standard Egyptian timing which basically means you are 2 hours behind everything). With greek timing it can be worse...you're either 45 minutes behind or u don't show up at all!

I was soo shocked when he told me i passed. i was like huh? lol. Now, i just have to find a part time job so i can convince my parents to let me have insurance..ahh.

SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »

...and the roads of Toronto have never been less safe  Tongue

Congrats.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 09:14:50 PM »

Timos,

I'm never late for Liturgy! My abouna would slaughter me, especially because i'm a deacon...but yeah, S.E.T. applies to everything else, ofcourse.

Congratulations on passing; buckle up, two hands on the steering wheel (unless you're driving manual ofcourse), drop the sunglasses on a cloudy day, leave the leather jacket at home, disable your middle finger, and....you'll be fine Wink

On a more serious note, put lots of icons in your car, start your day off with church hymns, and get your priest to bless it with water if he can; theyre the things I attribute to my miraculous survival of some unfortunate events. Be safe, and rabena ma'ak.

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: