OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 24, 2014, 09:37:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OrthodoxChristianity.net needs your help  (Read 3200 times) Average Rating: 0
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« on: September 14, 2005, 02:32:02 AM »

Hi Friends:

anastasios and I have seen OrthodoxChristianity.net grow monumentally over the past few years.  In fact, back from the days of byzantines.org until present day OrthodoxChristianity.net we have seen nearly a 1000% increase in postings, traffic, and content.  It is both satisfying and fun to watch and be a part of.

With the recent relocation of anastasios back to North Carolina, we have an opportunity to again develop new content, features, and aspects to the site that were once difficult to construct due to the distance between us.  This we are also looking forward to.

Unfortunately, this site also costs a bit of money to run properly.  Notably with events taking place in the gulf region, along with high gas prices, we understand money is more of a premium.  However, we would like to ask for your support by the donation of a small amount of money to the site.  A dollar or two would even be most helpful.

We can't offer you a tax-deduction nor any cool items, but I can say it would go a long way in keeping this site going.  However, we would be happy to add you to our list of donators and into the new "OC.net supporter" group on the forum.  It is a small token of our appreciation and thanks for your continued support.

If you are able, you may send any form of donation to:

Robert Quick
OrthodoxChristianity.net Donation Fund
PO Box 5532
Cary, NC 27512

You may make checks out to the above.  100% of your donation will go to the costs of running Orthodox Christianity.net. Please indicate, if you so desire, your username so we may add you to the corresponding donators list and OC.net supporters group.

Again, thanks for your continued support and participation.

The OrthodoxChristianity.net staff

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 02:35:11 AM by Jim Beam » Logged
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 07:57:29 AM »

Doesn't the donation button above for paypal work?!!! OMG!!!!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 09:05:48 AM »

yea you can donate there too.

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 12:29:55 PM »

I will try to reroute a few pesos from my beverage and munitions budjet....

JB

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 12:45:10 PM »

Seriously, the last two years we asked for donations we got 4 and 10 respectively. Now this covered our operating expenses BUT can you believe that out of 800 members at the time, only 10 donated? Remember--even if you stick one dollar in an envelope and mail it to us IT WILL HELP.

Thanks!

Anastasios

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 01:21:54 PM »

It is amazing when someone labeled as a heretical Latin can donate to a Orthodox site & it's own brethern seem to become temporary blind to charity...hmmm

james
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 01:25:05 PM by Jakub » Logged

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 01:37:31 PM »

It is amazing when someone labeled as a heretical Latin can donate to a Orthodox site & it's own brethern seem to become temporary blind to charity...hmmm

james

I believe that the majority of our donations last year came from NON ORTHODOX people! How is that for irony! Smiley

Anastasios

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 01:59:32 PM »

some of my donations were before my chrismation, some afterward, so i guess i was 0.5 in each category Wink

Proverbs 22:7
irene

OC.net

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 05:51:19 PM »

I'm glad you have it in plain view in the news box, because otherwise I may have missed the call. 
The check is in the mail, Shocked)

Irene
irene

OC.net

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 05:53:15 PM »

I made a smiley, and the shocked face went there.  I'm not shocked, I am happy to help.

Irene
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 12:51:03 PM »

Thanks Irene, will have Robert do so asap (it wasn't there when we checked the PO box last week; I hope it has arrived since then!!)

Anastasios

TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 01:21:11 PM »

If I give money do you promise not to ban me?!!!!   Cheesy
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 01:36:47 PM »

If I give money do you promise not to ban me?!!!!  ÃƒÆ’‚ Cheesy

ha, we can make no such promises Smiley

SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 01:41:34 PM »

If I give money do you promise not to ban me?!!!!  ÃƒÆ’‚ Cheesy

Well, you know we can't promise that, but think about how good it will make you feel!  Wink

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 09:51:39 AM »

I wanted to take a second to really thank Robert and Anastasios for creating and mainting this site (for all of us).

I'm also posting to give this thread a bump.  We have thousands of registered members and I'm sure maintaining this site is a financial burden.  I have found this site EXTREMELY useful in expanding my knowledge of Orthodoxy, as well as expanding my knowledge of Orthodox resources.

Please, if you have the ability and means, try to donate something.  I think we all have an obligation to help our Orthodox brothers who have given us this excellent vehicle to communicate with each other.  Thank you in advance.

PS - I'm in no way affiliated with the site (other than being a section moderator), nor did anyone ask me to write something.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 08:36:39 PM »

Bump

and also...why has the donate button disappeared?

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: