Author Topic: I hope I never offended my Christian brethren outside the church  (Read 538 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I prefer not to use the word Protestant anymore because not all protest against the church but even they might not know what they do but I have no other short word to use. Since they do not wilfully reject the truth I believe they have the church as their mother and so God as their Father because they accept our church fathers commentary and those who have never heard of our church fathers or are suspicious of it not wilfully rejecting it God may speak to them through the bible and His Spirit.

Paul said they are Christian and God's grace is given to them

We should be striving to try to accept them. I do not just by choice but because God is showing me they are Christian. Jesus said all will know you are My disciples if you love one another

1 Corinthians 1:2-3
2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:08:03 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: √úbermensch
  • Jurisdiction: Nietzsche
Re: I hope I never offended my Christian brethren outside the church
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:39:31 AM »
I agree. We are commanded to love all human beings as they are all made in the image of God. Dont forget that Love is actually considered an even greater virtue than faith. Though without true faith we dont have true Love. But Love is what the whole law and the prophets and Christ's ministry is actually about. To reveal that God is Love and that we shall therefore Love.. As Elder Sophrony Said: "I love, therefore I am". I must comment though that I still believe many protestant theologies present a very distorted pricture of WHO God is. And that is a serious problem that can hinder people from coming to faith. We have to remember that by demonstrating the Love and hope that God gives people who trust him, people from outside Will probably be Much more open to the Christian truth, which is that Christ is the son of God, coming to save man, and that God is love.

PS. By the way, I actually believe that protestantism doesnt stand for "protesting" But rather "pro testimony"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:41:03 AM by beebert »
'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil' (Exodus 23:2)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: I hope I never offended my Christian brethren outside the church
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:13:53 AM »
Thank you for your reply and informative feedback beebert. However we hope people who come to the Christian faith have full understanding of the truth. God's love is demonstrated in dying for sinners but the person who decides he can be righteous enough (I do not say they can not do some right things  but as Paul said of Jews they have a zeal for God but not according to knowledge)  without the gospel is not righteous. However God alone knows each case where their heart is but we may need the gospel or some may have accepted it in God eyes I do not know
If you commited murder it does not matter how much charity you do you will still be judged unless the one you murdered forgives you which Jesus does with exceptions which is fulfilling the New Testament teachings. Jesus sees our sin as bad as murder
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:23:18 AM by mikeforjesus »