Author Topic: Habib Girgis - Coptic Orthodox Educator and a Light in the Darkness  (Read 711 times)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
A new book in the Coptic series of SVS Press is set for release on April 22:

http://www.svspress.com/habib-girgis-coptic-orthodox-educator-and-a-light-in-the-darkness-hardbound/
http://www.svspress.com/habib-girgis-coptic-orthodox-educator-and-a-light-in-the-darkness/

Written by His Grace Bishop Suriel of Melbourne, the book highlights the life and career of St. Habib Girgis, the father of the Coptic theological Renaissance of his time, a time filled with much corruption and darkness in the Coptic Church, especially among the highest clergy.  The Coptic Orthodox Church had one true Orthodox leader despite the failure of three popes at the time, and it was Dr. Habib Girgis.

I can't wait to get my hands on this book.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
Re: Habib Girgis - Coptic Orthodox Educator and a Light in the Darkness
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:49:07 AM »
I can't wait to get my hands on this book.

+1

I'm really looking forward to reading it too!
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
Sorry that should have "Dn." Habib Girgis...but "Dr." works too lol
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 10:56:53 PM »
HG Bishop Suriel was in our parish Friday evening talking about St. Habib Girgis:

https://youtu.be/5iDPOwfiidQ

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »
I'm so glad this was recorded!  I'll watch later.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »
I should know; I hit the record button in the mezzanine  ;)