Author Topic: Kierkegaard  (Read 1750 times)

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: Kierkegaard
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2017, 02:40:41 AM »
I have two volumes of Nietzsche's compiled works. Is there anything equivalent to that published of Dostoyevsky?
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”- St. Ambrose of Milan

"Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian, but only entirely or not at all." -Fr. Seraphim Rose

"He who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen." (1 John 4:20)

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Übermensch
  • Jurisdiction: Nietzsche
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2017, 03:03:48 AM »
I have two volumes of Nietzsche's compiled works. Is there anything equivalent to that published of Dostoyevsky?
No idea... There is a risk you have to buy his Works seperate. There are 4 novels that are a must read: The idiot, Brothers Karamazov, Crime and punishment and Demons. The greatest of those 4 is definately Brothers Karamazov. That one is a must read that you Will probably never regret Having read.
'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil' (Exodus 23:2)

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
Re: Dostoyevsky
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2017, 03:08:07 AM »
Has anyone read Dostoyevsky? If so, how does he compare to Nietzsche and Kierkegaard? I seem to hear them all mentioned all together.

D is mildly anti-semitic like N, but wildly religious like K.  I would say in looks D is much closer to K, because the man-stache is the defining characteristic of N, and D can't compete on that front. However, I don't think that K would look well upon the problems D had like committing adultery and gambling addiction. On the other hand D took in kids and raised them as his own, which would probably please K more than N. These are my opinions.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2017, 03:20:03 AM »
Has anyone read Dostoyevsky? If so, how does he compare to Nietzsche and Kierkegaard? I seem to hear them all mentioned all together.

D is mildly anti-semitic like N, but wildly religious like K.  I would say in looks D is much closer to K, because the man-stache is the defining characteristic of N, and D can't compete on that front. However, I don't think that K would look well upon the problems D had like committing adultery and gambling addiction. On the other hand D took in kids and raised them as his own, which would probably please K more than N. These are my opinions.
Did Dostoevsky commit adultery?

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2017, 03:33:54 AM »

Indeed, more than once.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2017, 03:41:57 AM »

Indeed, more than once.
Do you have any source of this? :)

Anyway, I still Believe he is in heaven :)

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2017, 04:16:10 AM »
No idea... There is a risk you have to buy his Works seperate. There are 4 novels that are a must read: The idiot, Brothers Karamazov, Crime and punishment and Demons. The greatest of those 4 is definately Brothers Karamazov. That one is a must read that you Will probably never regret Having read.

I haven't read it and I don't regret it.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:20 AM »

I said if you read it you probably wont regret it

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2017, 04:40:15 AM »

I said if you read it you probably wont regret it

I wrote I haven't read it.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"