OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 12:30:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox New Testament -- Holy Apostles / Dormition Skete  (Read 1174 times) Average Rating: 0
arjuna3110

« on: September 09, 2005, 08:01:59 AM »

Hi All !

I have read about the Orthodox New Testament, a translation into English by the the Holy Apostles Convent and Dormition Skete (in Colorado, USA) and replete with Oerthodox commentary from the Fathers. 

http://www.buenavistaco.com/GOC/hac-scripture.html  (Orthodox New Testament)

http://euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=234&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0  (discussion of the O.NT.)

I'm thinking of buying it, in the two volume edition which has the commentary.  However, it is not cheap.  Hence, I have two questions.

1)  If you have actually used the Orthodox New Testament, is it and its commentarties really as good as everyone says? 

2)  Is it possible to find a collection / concordance of Orthodox patristic commentary on scripture elsewhere ?

Thanks for any responses.

-- John
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 08:42:14 AM »

On 1: Yes. Extremelly helpfull!
As far as text and commentaries are concerned: Open the books and say bye bye to the Earth benith you, for little Dorothy is going for a joyride.
It is an amazing set of Biblical notes, as far as compact commentary is concerned.

On 2: I have no idea.

Lord have mercy.
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 09:24:40 AM »

Thanks for bringing this up.  I just purchased mine (long overdue).  Looking forward to getting it.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Tags: New Testament 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: