Author Topic: What's going on in the Syriac Orthodox Church?!  (Read 5192 times)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
Re: What's going on in the Syriac Orthodox Church?!
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2017, 05:58:40 PM »
Youssef, what does your critique of the Coptic Church's support of President Sisi - which I would deem understandable and justifiable - have to do with the my point - which is that Christians gathering in an ecumenical context with Muslims is not necessarily indicative of Stockholm syndrome or any more problematic than gathering with Christian and pseudo-Christian heretics and cultists in an ecumenical context?  And who in the Coptic Church regards Sisi as a prophet?  And what bishop has sanctioned anyone critical of the regime?  You're speaking hyperbolically here, and not very clearly, and that's a problem.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »
The difference is that i seePope Shenouda position  a great position and the church position now... Not great.

Feel free to ask the question here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/board,24.0.html

I'll be more than happy to indulge on your curiosities and your views.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline youssef

« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2017, 06:35:02 PM »
The difference is that i seePope Shenouda position  a great position and the church position now... Not great.

Cannot access there.  It is not curiosity for me the egyptian problem, i consider it as our problem like syria and palestine.
But answer the question about the original sin :D because there is another question after.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2017, 06:37:33 PM »

Cannot access there.  It is not curiosity for me the egyptian problem, i consider it as our problem like syria and palestine.
But answer the question about the original sin :D because there is another question after.

If you want to gain access to discuss politics, send a private message to Fr. George.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline youssef

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2017, 12:20:28 AM »
Youssef, what does your critique of the Coptic Church's support of President Sisi - which I would deem understandable and justifiable - have to do with the my point - which is that Christians gathering in an ecumenical context with Muslims is not necessarily indicative of Stockholm syndrome or any more problematic than gathering with Christian and pseudo-Christian heretics and cultists in an ecumenical context?  And who in the Coptic Church regards Sisi as a prophet?  And what bishop has sanctioned anyone critical of the regime?  You're speaking hyperbolically here, and not very clearly, and that's a problem.

You are right it doesn't have connexion, but as you had mention sissi and the church i had feel that i should saywhat i think about the church position.
Father makkari younan for exemple has say that the heaven send us Sisi.
No one was sanctionned but i know some people who had decide not to go to the church because of that position

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »

You are right it doesn't have connexion, but as you had mention sissi and the church i had feel that i should saywhat i think about the church position.
Father makkari younan for exemple has say that the heaven send us Sisi.
No one was sanctionned but i know some people who had decide not to go to the church because of that position

Fr. Makary is known to say a lot of controversial things, some of them, in my opinion, not precisely in line with Orthodox theology, pneumatology, and ecclesiology.  I definitely wouldn't consider him a spokesman for the Orthodox Church.

As far as people leaving the Church over the acknowledgment of some of its leaders and clergy that the present leadership in Egypt has been kinder to the Copts than the former, that is a truly petty reason to endanger their souls.

Finally, I only mentioned President Sisi's attending our services within the context of this "mingling with Muslims = Stockholm syndrome" garbage.
Now accepting brief PMs.