OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 08:00:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the health of Metropolitan +MAXIMOS  (Read 1275 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« on: September 07, 2005, 11:25:02 PM »

Could you add Metropolitan +MAXIMOS to your prayers... He had a bit of a spill in the Metropolis Office a few days ago and was hospitalized for injuries (which included hitting his head).  At the moment he is stable and under close care, but is also lucid and able to interact with his family and the people who work for the Metropolis.  At 70 and having diabetes, his recovery time will probably be long.  Please pray for his health, and for the people who work in and around the Metropolis of Pittsburgh, that they have strength while our bishop is out.

Thanks

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 05:35:47 AM »

Kyrie eleison

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:44:14 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 07:33:13 PM »

Kyrie eleison!

His Eminence exudes goodness and decency. Truly, I hope he recovers soon and recovers completely!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
orth_christian2000

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese in Canada

He must increase, I must decrease...

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 07:38:59 PM »

The Lord grant His Eminence a speedy recovery.  Prayers here too.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 09:22:45 PM »

May the Lord speedily recover His Eminence, returning him to the care of his flock in good health,

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Kapitanios Michalis

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOARCH

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 11:31:55 PM »

Any update on the health of Metropolitan Maximos? 
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 11:54:06 PM »

The Metropolitan's recovery is coming along well.  He is in a local Pittsburgh rehab center, and the office staff is able to bring things to him to work on.  They are still restricting visitors, and his calendar has been cleared for the rest of this month.  I was told, though, that he was thankful for the cards and prayers that have been said for him lately...

Thank you all very much for your prayers for His Eminence... please keep him in your remembrances.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 10:19:06 AM »

Further update on His Eminence's health: He is staying with members of his family that live in the Pittsburgh area, and slowly getting back into the work cycle.  His public travel schedule has been severly modified for the moment, but they're hoping that he'll be able to travel to parishes soon (obviously with help).  He had been looking to reduce his travel schedule anyway, so this may be a blessing in disguise.

Thanks to all for your prayers... please keep his Archpriesthood in your prayers, as well as the health of our Metropolis!

{EDIT - corrected a spelling mistake}
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:19:33 AM by cleveland » Logged

---------------------
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: