OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 03:07:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm new, but I just have to share this!  (Read 1564 times) Average Rating: 0
Ksenia

« on: February 23, 2003, 04:12:45 PM »

I'm new to the board, but I just have to share this with some other Orthodox people who I'm hoping will be excited (unlike my mother....)

I found out on Friday that I have been accepted to St. Vladimir's Seminary beginning in the fall!  I'm SOOOOO excited!  At least my mother said "that's nice".  She would have been far more excited if I had substituted the words "medical school" for "seminary", but hey, I'm happy, and that's what matters!

Anyway, just had to share that!

In Christ,
Ksenia
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 05:00:42 PM »

Well congratulations!

Did you visit here a couple of months ago? Because I remember seeing someone who looks like you around campus.

See you soon!

In Christ,

anastasios
(St. Vladimir's Student)

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Ksenia

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 05:06:12 PM »

Hi Anastasios -

Yes, I was there for the Ed Day.  Then I was there 2 weeks later for the Open House.  And then again 2 weeks later to stay the night because I had a long drive back from PA to MA.  Then again in November to pick up a friend for Thanksgiving.  And then again for the Christmas Retreat to work.  I like to get down there at least once a month or so.  That way, I can get people used to my presence....I'm an awful lot to take all at once!  Wink

Ksenia
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 05:07:26 PM »

I'm new to the board, but I just have to share this with some other Orthodox people who I'm hoping will be excited (unlike my mother....)

I found out on Friday that I have been accepted to St. Vladimir's Seminary beginning in the fall!  I'm SOOOOO excited!  At least my mother said "that's nice".  She would have been far more excited if I had substituted the words "medical school" for "seminary", but hey, I'm happy, and that's what matters!

Anyway, just had to share that!

In Christ,
Ksenia

Congratulations, Ksenia!!!  What will be your major?  (On another note, I hope you meet a nice male seminarian destined for the priesthood, marry him and become a great matushka!)   Wink

Hypo-Ortho
Ksenia

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 05:10:34 PM »

LOL...that makes 2 of us!!!

Can't imagine a better place to meet a nice young Orthodox man!

I've been accepted into the MDiv program, but under the advice of several priests that I trust, I think I will probably go into the MA program, probably general theology with a focus on Christian Education (but not the Christian Education program).  My goal is to go into Youth Ministry eventually.

Ksenia
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 05:17:00 PM »

LOL...that makes 2 of us!!!

Can't imagine a better place to meet a nice young Orthodox man!

I've been accepted into the MDiv program, but under the advice of several priests that I trust, I think I will probably go into the MA program, probably general theology with a focus on Christian Education (but not the Christian Education program).  My goal is to go into Youth Ministry eventually.

Ksenia

Ksenia, I wish you every success in your endeavors. We need good youth ministers, especially in some of our dying parishes, and a matushka would be in an excellent position to be very effective.  I'll be keeping you in my prayers and asking for regular progress reports, both in your studies and in your lassoing a good seminarian-husband.   Grin

Hypo-Ortho
Ksenia

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 05:18:26 PM »

Well, if you know of any good eligible men, send along their info!!  Can't imagine any reason to wait until next fall to start looking ;-)

Ksenia
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 05:52:28 PM »

Welcome and congrats Ksenia.*

*And really guys, I'm not just welcoming her because she's looking for good eligible men. Grin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2003, 05:53:00 PM by Nicholas » Logged

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2003, 10:24:34 AM »

Ksenia,

Again, congratulations.  And a warning - there are quite a few single men on this board, most of whom think it is very difficult to find a single Orthodox young woman.  Methinks your private message mailbox will soon be the largest on the board. Smiley  

Congratulations again.  It is really quite an achievement.  

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: