Author Topic: I'm new, but I just have to share this!  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Ksenia

• Kiss Babich Homepage
I'm new, but I just have to share this!
« on: February 23, 2003, 04:12:45 PM »
I'm new to the board, but I just have to share this with some other Orthodox people who I'm hoping will be excited (unlike my mother....)

I found out on Friday that I have been accepted to St. Vladimir's Seminary beginning in the fall!  I'm SOOOOO excited!  At least my mother said "that's nice".  She would have been far more excited if I had substituted the words "medical school" for "seminary", but hey, I'm happy, and that's what matters!

Anyway, just had to share that!

In Christ,
Ksenia

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Re:I'm new, but I just have to share this!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 05:00:42 PM »
Well congratulations!

Did you visit here a couple of months ago? Because I remember seeing someone who looks like you around campus.

See you soon!

In Christ,

anastasios
(St. Vladimir's Student)
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Ksenia

• Kiss Babich Homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 05:06:12 PM »
Hi Anastasios -

Yes, I was there for the Ed Day.  Then I was there 2 weeks later for the Open House.  And then again 2 weeks later to stay the night because I had a long drive back from PA to MA.  Then again in November to pick up a friend for Thanksgiving.  And then again for the Christmas Retreat to work.  I like to get down there at least once a month or so.  That way, I can get people used to my presence....I'm an awful lot to take all at once!  ;)

Ksenia

Hypo-Ortho

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 05:07:26 PM »
I'm new to the board, but I just have to share this with some other Orthodox people who I'm hoping will be excited (unlike my mother....)

I found out on Friday that I have been accepted to St. Vladimir's Seminary beginning in the fall!  I'm SOOOOO excited!  At least my mother said "that's nice".  She would have been far more excited if I had substituted the words "medical school" for "seminary", but hey, I'm happy, and that's what matters!

Anyway, just had to share that!

In Christ,
Ksenia

Congratulations, Ksenia!!!  What will be your major?  (On another note, I hope you meet a nice male seminarian destined for the priesthood, marry him and become a great matushka!)   ;)

Hypo-Ortho

Offline Ksenia

• Kiss Babich Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 05:10:34 PM »
LOL...that makes 2 of us!!!

Can't imagine a better place to meet a nice young Orthodox man!

I've been accepted into the MDiv program, but under the advice of several priests that I trust, I think I will probably go into the MA program, probably general theology with a focus on Christian Education (but not the Christian Education program).  My goal is to go into Youth Ministry eventually.

Ksenia

Hypo-Ortho

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 05:17:00 PM »
LOL...that makes 2 of us!!!

Can't imagine a better place to meet a nice young Orthodox man!

I've been accepted into the MDiv program, but under the advice of several priests that I trust, I think I will probably go into the MA program, probably general theology with a focus on Christian Education (but not the Christian Education program).  My goal is to go into Youth Ministry eventually.

Ksenia

Ksenia, I wish you every success in your endeavors. We need good youth ministers, especially in some of our dying parishes, and a matushka would be in an excellent position to be very effective.  I'll be keeping you in my prayers and asking for regular progress reports, both in your studies and in your lassoing a good seminarian-husband.   ;D

Hypo-Ortho

Offline Ksenia

• Kiss Babich Homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 05:18:26 PM »
Well, if you know of any good eligible men, send along their info!!  Can't imagine any reason to wait until next fall to start looking ;-)

Ksenia

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 05:52:28 PM »
Welcome and congrats Ksenia.*

*And really guys, I'm not just welcoming her because she's looking for good eligible men. ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2003, 05:53:00 PM by Nicholas »
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Offline David

• OC.net guru
  • Retired GM
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2003, 10:24:34 AM »
Ksenia,

Again, congratulations.  And a warning - there are quite a few single men on this board, most of whom think it is very difficult to find a single Orthodox young woman.  Methinks your private message mailbox will soon be the largest on the board. :)  

Congratulations again.  It is really quite an achievement.  

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim