OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 11:45:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for my family  (Read 787 times) Average Rating: 0
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« on: September 06, 2005, 09:29:40 AM »

Hello,
 Some of you already know that I have been a catachumen for some time.  I am married to a man who was brought up Jewish but is not practicing.  However he is not Christian.  Anyway, my conversion has been difficult on him....but he has been remarkably patient with me.  We have two little children who have been going to Divine Liturgy with me (GOA) from the start.  I pray that one day that Christ will be revealed to my husband.  For now I just try to be a good wife and show him love.  He is adament that he will never become Christian.  This Sunday (Sept 11) my children and I will be baptised at the monastery.  Of course my husband, Nick, will be there, along with a few friends and family members.  I am nervous.  In a few days I will be giving my life confession. I pray that I will be able to unearth the years of sins, some of which may be hidden deep inside me, and make a good a full confession.  It has been twenty years since I have confessed (I used to be RC) and the thought of this confession is almost paralyzing.  Forgive me for burdening all of you with this.  I would appreciate it if any of you could take the time to say a small prayer for me and my daughters (Isabel and Rowan) and my husband Nick.  May God have mercy on us all and receive us with compassion and love.          Sincerely,   Juliana       
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 10:43:00 AM »

Lord, have mercy. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 02:17:32 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: