Author Topic: All Christians will be saved but those who leave the truth may have less reward  (Read 657 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I can not say they will certainly have less reward if they do not know they are leaving the truth the worse case being those doing so because they are not only bitter but want to be hateful but even still they may lose reward.   I am exploring Catholicism but I will never convert unless I know it is the truth or it is God will for me. I say this because I am not happy with people leaving on account of me and without knowing it is certainly the truth. It may make orthodox doubt they can be saved
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:44:44 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Don't worry. Romanism isn't the truth. It's chaos, St. Paul is clear that the Church is not a Church of confusion. Furthermore, we're already in the Church of Christ according to the Roman Church, no need to convert. You can actually just ask the priest to commune you, being Orthodox, and you'll be allowed to commune. Even if you're a Protestant, you'll be able to commune.
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Thanks brother but that is the new catechism of the church which allows me to commune I respect the wishes of those who hold to the early church fathers in their church. This means some church fathers would not allow me because perhaps the bishops are allowed to disagree with the pope
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 10:11:25 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
If I want to be catholic because it will bring me closer to God that may not be anyone business. Even if I convert to try it and it does not work out I can return to the orthodox church though some priests will not like for me to even return.
If I say I am harming the orthodox by leaving well I am harming the coptic catholics for judging them and making them not want to be saved because they will have less reward. When I talk about rewards there are two levels of loss of reward I may believe in. One is loss of reward which is not very painful and one is painful. I was referring to the painful one. Perhaps the Coptic Catholics deserve loss of reward more than the orthodox if they do not return when they know orthodoxy is true or catholic is not truth since they cause division by which I mean they make orthodox think they can not be saved
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:57:44 AM by mikeforjesus »