Author Topic: I want my past to be buried  (Read 1114 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I want my past to be buried
« on: December 09, 2016, 03:33:16 AM »
As we crucify the old man by being joined to Jesus we also rise with Jesus who was joined to us for our sake

It is my feeling that tasbeha.org is not doing the work of Christ but many people have left and care about nothing. They want it to be messed up so people get lost maybe. I don't think this forum knows I may be doing the devils work here perhaps unintentionally

I plan on not going on Tasbeha.org or here anymore except when something needs to be said and I am sure that it is the truth and in my mind should not unreasonably turn people off from believing in Jesus

But because the offense of my posts are very great to non Christians I would like to delete all the posts on all forums I have participated in because there is no proof that much have benefited from and they could learn from the church.
As you will not do this this is why I will quit the forums
I would also like to delete the posts I have made on non religious forums which are few but I suppose non Christians are also guilty there. My prayer is for all those who could have received Christ without my sins 

After I say some things I feel need to be said after a while when I feel everyone who needs to hear it has heard it I wish to delete all my posts but as you guys will not let it I think people should not be offended by me because I would if I could but the sin is with the forum

Woe to the world because of offenses
People dying every day need the gospel
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:58:01 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: I want my past to be buried
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 04:09:50 AM »
Forget it just another dramatic post by me
But if I was not consumed in some thoughts Christian women would be attracted to me because I could go to the gym get muscle learn new things and teach them and make money in business. This is all people seem to care about
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:13:40 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 10:43:43 AM »
I can see now deleting all my posts won't be fair to those who wish to understand why someone is as they are who may have passed on and it makes it harder to serve those who were affected by the forum later. Therefore we need to serve those who showed interest in their salvation only.
If I want to show repentance I should just stop posting but I will post if some things need to be said
People just have to accept it is not me anymore and that we can't neglect participating in some manner on the forum even if it offends others. We just have to avoid sin. Turning people away from Christ if they think we are two faced not really their friend but we have a duty to God to show others the way of being reconciled to God  and help others in their spiritual life

I apologise for saying Tasbeha.org is not doing the work of Christ it was but most left. I won't judge them if they felt they had to
We can't abandon the service and accuse everyone of being trolls or we will be held responsible
We have to serve God not bury our talent
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:55:12 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
I hate to interrupt the monologue, mike, but I think most people left tasbeha.org because they switched to a new format which is awkward and difficult to navigate.  Several prominent posters asked them to please switch back to the old forum template (which was user-friendly and simple to manage, like the one employed here) and they chose not to listen.  I don't post there very much anymore because posting there is - as I've said - awkward.

When you first visit the page, it appears blank.  You have to scroll halfway down the page to see anybody's posts, it's hard to quote people in the actual discussions, it's hard to edit your posts, the board marks posts you've already read as unread...etc., etc., ad nauseam.  It's not a spiritual issue, mike.  It's a technical issue.  I doubt I'll ever go back to regular posting there unless they make the switch to a more user-friendly interface.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 10:21:19 PM »
Mike, balance is good.  It's true we should be very cautious of what we do, type, think, and say.  But we should also trust that God can reach people despite our foibles, and might even use us to help someone else.  I've received comfort and instruction here and there and random places, and 99% of those people have no idea.  Maybe I have helped, and don't know.  I hope I have at least not hurt, even if I haven't helped.

The permanence of the posts here has helped keep me accountable, and has benefited me many years after the last post in the thread was written.  I won't deny that there is wading to do anywhere on the internet, and I'm sure I have contributed to the wading of others, but there is still good and the good should stick around.  :)  Perhaps praying before we post is useful?

Oh and I second the Tasbeha format observation; I've noticed that, too.  It's unfortunate.  Some websites are just set up better than others.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:21:47 PM by Ainnir »
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no idea, so there’s that.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 10:27:45 PM »
Oh and I second the Tasbeha format observation; I've noticed that, too.  It's unfortunate.  Some websites are just set up better than others.

The thing is, the set-up used to be decent over there - pretty much analogous to here - and then they downgraded it.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 12:43:34 AM »
Thanks for your replies Antonious Nikolas and Ainnir. But people left for a long time even when the old format was still there.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »
Thanks for your replies Antonious Nikolas and Ainnir. But people left for a long time even when the old format was still there.

That's true, mike.  Some notable posters did, including our own Fr. Peter, and he was sorely missed over there, but the place didn't become the ghost town it is today until the format change.  I posted there recently because I had a Coptic specific thing to talk about, and found that the place was still as much a desert as when I'd left.  I doubt I'll be back again anytime soon.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 06:02:08 AM »
Thanks for your reply brother :) I can now understand the situation a little more
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:03:04 AM by mikeforjesus »

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 09:14:18 AM »
You got it, brother.  Pray for me as I pray for you.  :)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 10:32:36 PM »
Okay :) pray for me to be more regular in prayer

Offline RaphaCam

• Merarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 10:55:17 AM »
Forum death is always depressive.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth