Author Topic: Fr Arsenie Boca and reincarnation  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Fr Arsenie Boca and reincarnation
« on: December 08, 2016, 11:04:57 AM »
I came across some allegations from some Buddhist of Romanian extraction who insists that the popular elder Fr Arsenie Boca explicitly taught some kind of reincarnation. I was curious to know if any of our Romanians or those familiar with the Romanian church can verify this.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
Re: Fr Arsenie Boca and reincarnation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 05:22:56 PM »
That would probably be the least weird of his thoughts. He pontificated on lots if things with mostly funny results.
"I saw a miracle where 2 people entered church one by baptism and one by chrismation. On pictures the one received by full baptism was shinning in light the one by chrismation no."

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 05:46:02 PM »
Well, don't leave us in suspense!
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 06:16:26 PM »
I don't have the  time or the energy to translate all that nonsense. However he used to express opinions about women's sexuality that he thought were "scientific ". I remember he thought women need sperm to function propey. Or that children conceived when too much passion was involved would become perverts.
"I saw a miracle where 2 people entered church one by baptism and one by chrismation. On pictures the one received by full baptism was shinning in light the one by chrismation no."

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 06:37:10 PM »
The good father seems to have been a naive positivist so I have no doubt that he'd have attempted to cram even reincarnation into his mishmash system if he read some "scuentific" theory somewhere that he found credible.

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »
I remember he thought women need sperm to function propey.

It's nice to see conservatives are everywhere the same.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 06:51:46 PM »
Gotta give him so credit though. At least he didn't think science was a vast Jewish Masonic conspiracy .

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 10:04:16 AM »
Heh, my girlfriend has a BW photo of Arsenie Boca on her bookshelf. What's your opinion of him augustin?

Augustin, tell us more.
- Berdyaev

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Christ Is Risen!
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 10:21:31 AM »
I remember he thought women need sperm to function propey.

It's nice to see conservatives are everywhere the same.
LOL
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 10:28:10 AM »
Some guy had  Fr Arsenie Boca registered as a trade mark . Its not a joke. Havent followed the whole story but he’s suing some orthodox institutions for infringement of copy right or something.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
Seems like a good way to market Boca burgers for Lent.
- Berdyaev

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God
  • High Elder
  • Господи Иисусе Христе, Сыне Божий, помилуй мя
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 11:33:27 AM »
this Fr Arsenie Boca seems a weird man and I even bet if you went really far into his works he would be exposed as a heretic!
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 12:44:58 PM »
Father Arsenie Boca was the real deal. He was high in Jesus prayer..
People would talk to him in their mind he will respond in normal voice.
Knowing your name, future past no problem. World war would start he would cross or do something to some and not to everyone. Somebody asked why. He said the ones crossed will not come back They did not come.
Prayer like Elijah when fire went out from palms to the sky.
Talked with Jesus face to face.
Would rain, he would pray a circle will be formed around him and no rain in the circle.
Could see through generations, space , time no problem.
He would need peebles from a river. He prayed water would go into ground and get out of the ground later leaving empty space for people to collect peebles for construction.
I think he told my grandfather his expiration day, my grandfather in excellent health told me to sing a carol as this was last time we see each other, gone. It was last time.
When grandfather was with a man he told that man the exact expiration date. I think on that date the man wanted to come to come to my grandfather probably to say he is Ok , a car hit him and he was gone. The driver did not understood why people were not mad.
More about this Jesus prayer on orthodoxwiki prayer https://orthodoxwiki.org/Prayer.
A confession with him would be very good he would say your sins and your ancestors sins for nth generations and you would have only to repeat after him.
He painted a Church  at Draganescu. All saints and Jesus I think are painted the way he discussed with them the way he say them.
Angel and soul how they look like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XX0u4mnUg
Fr Arsenia Boca painting:
https://www.crestinortodox.ro/files/image/diverse%20-%20articole/%20-%20draganescu/Epicleza(detaliu).JPG

Youtube was not there. He saw the world of the angels and his pictures tell this story. I think he talked with Saints face to face.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:57:05 PM by pasadi97 »
God the Father is great. God the Father is good.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
 lord have mercy on the soul of Fr Arsenie Boca!
not every quiet man is humble but every humble man is quiet         st Isaac the Syrian

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 01:10:06 PM »
As I recall, Boca was pretty aggressively antisemitic (and without the weakly plausible deniability of St. John Chrysostom or St. Nikolai Velimirovic). Maybe I'm misremembering, though.

St. John Chrysostom was not anti-Semitic.  His flock in Antioch was largely of Judaic ethnic descent and his goal was to discourage continued observance of superseded Jewish rites by these Jewish Christians, the descendants of which can still be found in the various churches of Levantine heritage (Antiochians, Syriac Orthodox, Assyrians, Maronites, Christians of the Jerusalem Patriarchate, and probably Alexandrian Greeks and Copts, and particularly the Ethiopians, all have a Judaic heritage; the subset of these Judeo-Christians who are descendants of the flock of St. John Chrysostom when he was in Antioch and had to deal with this issue can certainly be found in the Antiochian, Syriac, Melkite and probably the Maronite churches, and the Assyrians and Chaldeans).

Or rather, if we dare to call St. John Chrysostom an anti-Semite, which is wrong, we should also have to call St. Paul anti-Semitic.  And sadly there are people who do that.

In the case of St. Nikolai, we have wandered into more obscure territory; my initial response upon reading his name next to that or St. John was “Who???”   Glorified saints are not perfect and I am sure that with sufficient dirt-digging, we could produce a list of saints who had sinful contempt for the Jews that would exceed in length the Litany of Loreto.   This does not negate their sainthood, for we are saved in spite of our sins.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 01:11:14 PM »
Father Arsenie Boca was the real deal. He was high in Jesus prayer..
People would talk to him in their mind he will respond in normal voice.
Knowing your name, future past no problem. World war would start he would cross or do something to some and not to everyone. Somebody asked why. He said the ones crossed will not come back They did not come.
Prayer like Elijah when fire went out from palms to the sky.
Talked with Jesus face to face.
Would rain, he would pray a circle will be formed around him and no rain in the circle.
Could see through generations, space , time no problem.
He would need peebles from a river. He prayed water would go into ground and get out of the ground later leaving empty space for people to collect peebles for construction.
I think he told my grandfather his expiration day, my grandfather in excellent health told me to sing a carol as this was last time we see each other, gone. It was last time.
When grandfather was with a man he told that man the exact expiration date. I think on that date the man wanted to come to come to my grandfather probably to say he is Ok , a car hit him and he was gone. The driver did not understood why people were not mad.
More about this Jesus prayer on orthodoxwiki prayer https://orthodoxwiki.org/Prayer.
A confession with him would be very good he would say your sins and your ancestors sins for nth generations and you would have only to repeat after him.
He painted a Church  at Draganescu. All saints and Jesus I think are painted the way he discussed with them the way he say them.
Angel and soul how they look like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XX0u4mnUg
Fr Arsenia Boca painting:
https://www.crestinortodox.ro/files/image/diverse%20-%20articole/%20-%20draganescu/Epicleza(detaliu).JPG

Youtube was not there. He saw the world of the angels and his pictures tell this story. I think he talked with Saints face to face.

Good to know, thank you for this beautiful hagiography!
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »

Why would you confess your ancestors' sins?
- Berdyaev

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »
By the way, the main heretics pretending to be Orthodox I recall in Romania are those Spiritists who own the old church in Bucharest with the very peculiar line art iconography.  They were led by some female prophetess.*

*I do hope I am remembering their location correctly; they were either in Bucharest or Sofia, in the event they are in Bulgaria, I beg all Romanians for forgiveness, and also to sing more of your most exquisite ecclesiastical music in Church and to continue posting it on YouTube.  I’ve really fallen deeply in love with Romanian church music, I also love the Bulgarian church music.

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 01:18:39 PM »
How everything started.

Everything started as everything good start , good and powerfull with a prayer. That means he made a team with God and when such a team is made marvelous things happen.

So he was a romanian monk at Athos and prayed prayed prayed to God to be a good helper of people, how to say in english, to give good advice to people.

If you intend to make team with God in salvation and in other things  add to your prayer if it is good in Jesus eyes, in an easy way without bringing any bad and if it is good for me . You may get what you asked for but since the thinking of God is different than your thinking you may not like what you asked for. If it is good in Jesus eyes helps you avoid these situations and you don't have to live with what you asked for if it is not good.
He did not get the answer.
He continued to pray and fast and Holy Mother appeared to him and took him to Saint Seraphim of Sarov that taught him many things. I think that 40 days fasting no water no food open the eyes of the soul and he did that sucessfully and then he saw angels and he could talk with angels and he could find many things. This 40 days fasting is very dangerous.

I think same fasting was done by Jesus and by Adam and Eve.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:30:10 PM by pasadi97 »

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 01:26:03 PM »
„Din umilinţă şi din smerenie, părintele n-a vorbit foarte desluşit niciodată despre ce i s-a întâmplat în 1939, la Sfântul Munte. Decât odată, şi chiar şi atunci, puţin. Ucenicii lui povestesc că, mergând el acolo, pe munte, prima dată s-a dus într-o pădure deasă, să se roage. Şi s-a rugat mult la Domnul Iisus Hristos, Mântuitorul nostru, să-i trimită un duhovnic, un povăţuitor bun, să-l îndrume pe calea cea grea şi fără de prihană a călugăriei, spre mântuire. După un timp Părintele Arsenie a început să se roage mai cu osârdie, singur, acolo, în pădure, la Maica Domnului. Şi, după cum a povestit chiar Părintele însuşi, Maica Fecioara i s-a arătat coborând dintre nouri,
şi venind la el, l-a luat de mână şi l-a urcat pe un munte aşa de înalt, că nici nu puteai să priveşti în jos. Şi acolo, pe creasta muntelui aceluia ameţitor, l-a lăsat Maica Domnului pe mâna unui sfânt. Era Sfântul Serafim din Sarov (1833), ce vieţuise pe pământ cu vreo două veacuri în urmă. După care, Sfânta Fecioară s-a topit în văzduh tot aşa lin cum se arătase. Vreme de 40 de zile Părintele a primit pe acel munte învăţătura de la Sfântul Serafim, urcând în fiecare zi, fără teamă, creasta dintre abisuri. Şi în tot acest răstimp de 40 de zile, Părintele a postit încontinuu post negru, că-l întărea Maica Domnului. După patru luni de zile, când s-a întors la Mănăstirea Sâmbăta, era cu totul alt om: căpătase darul acela al său faimos, al proorociei, şi puterea lui cea mare, că dacă se uita la tine, te cutremurai şi te umileai pe loc. Şi-ţi ştia pe dată toate gândurile şi numele, fără să te cunoască, şi faptele toate, păcătoase sau bune, că nu puteai să le ascunzi.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 01:28:45 PM »
„Din umilinţă şi din smerenie, părintele n-a vorbit foarte desluşit niciodată despre ce i s-a întâmplat în 1939, la Sfântul Munte. Decât odată, şi chiar şi atunci, puţin. Ucenicii lui povestesc că, mergând el acolo, pe munte, prima dată s-a dus într-o pădure deasă, să se roage. Şi s-a rugat mult la Domnul Iisus Hristos, Mântuitorul nostru, să-i trimită un duhovnic, un povăţuitor bun, să-l îndrume pe calea cea grea şi fără de prihană a călugăriei, spre mântuire. După un timp Părintele Arsenie a început să se roage mai cu osârdie, singur, acolo, în pădure, la Maica Domnului. Şi, după cum a povestit chiar Părintele însuşi, Maica Fecioara i s-a arătat coborând dintre nouri,
şi venind la el, l-a luat de mână şi l-a urcat pe un munte aşa de înalt, că nici nu puteai să priveşti în jos. Şi acolo, pe creasta muntelui aceluia ameţitor, l-a lăsat Maica Domnului pe mâna unui sfânt. Era Sfântul Serafim din Sarov (1833), ce vieţuise pe pământ cu vreo două veacuri în urmă. După care, Sfânta Fecioară s-a topit în văzduh tot aşa lin cum se arătase. Vreme de 40 de zile Părintele a primit pe acel munte învăţătura de la Sfântul Serafim, urcând în fiecare zi, fără teamă, creasta dintre abisuri. Şi în tot acest răstimp de 40 de zile, Părintele a postit încontinuu post negru, că-l întărea Maica Domnului. După patru luni de zile, când s-a întors la Mănăstirea Sâmbăta, era cu totul alt om: căpătase darul acela al său faimos, al proorociei, şi puterea lui cea mare, că dacă se uita la tine, te cutremurai şi te umileai pe loc. Şi-ţi ştia pe dată toate gândurile şi numele, fără să te cunoască, şi faptele toate, păcătoase sau bune, că nu puteai să le ascunzi.

English please if you want to speak Romanian go romance languages area

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »
This is the romanian full version WITH ALL DETAILS from which I told the story of what Happened at Mount Athos.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 01:33:41 PM »
This is the romanian full version WITH ALL DETAILS from which I told the story of what Happened at Mount Athos.

ok... take it along with you to romance languages (come on let's go!)

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 01:48:24 PM »
Ok.
Being Meek Father Arsenie Boca did not speak with many details about what happened in 1939 at mount Athos. Only once and then very little. His followers tell that once , on the mountain , first he went to a forest with many trees , to pray. And he prayed many times to our Saviour Jesus Christ to send to him a great teacher , confessor, to lead him on the hard clean path of being a great monk and to lead his life  toward Salvation. After some time he started to pray , alone , in the forest to Holy Mother of God . And after the Father Arsenie Boca said , Holy mother of God, came from the clouds and came to him , took him by the hand and put him on a mountain so high that you could not even look under. And there on that mountain Holy Mother of God let a Saint Saint Seraphim to teach him , Saint Seraphim that lived on Earth 200 years before. Then Holy Mother of God dissapeared the same way she came. For 40 days Father Arsenie Boca learned from father Seraphim of Sarov going everyday to that mountain. All this time of 40 days Father Arsenie Boca fasted what romanian call black fast that I believe is no drinking no eating at all, nothing. All this time of fasting of 40 days Father Arsenie Boca was helped by Holy Mother of God .
After 4 moths when he came back to Sambata monastery , my grandfather city is several miles from that monastery, he was other man. he had obtained the gift of prophecy, that is he could see in the future,and he had great power and if he would look at you you would become meek instantly.
He would Know
ALL YOUR TOUGHTS ,
AND YOUR NAME WITHOUT KNOWING YOU,
AND ALL YOUR DEEDS, GOOD OR BAD,
AND YOU COULD NOT HIDE ANYTHING FROM HIM.

I think Saint Mary appeared something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHaNMTRF1o

After being baptised we are sons of God and we can enter heaven from this life. Bible says about a man entering 3rd Heaven from this life. He saw the angels the way they are and painting them the way there are is not spiritism.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:59:45 PM by pasadi97 »

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »
After being baptised we are sons of God and we can enter heaven from this life. Bible says about a man entering 3rd Heaven from this life. He saw the angels the way they are and painting them the way there are is not spiritism.

2 Corinthians
2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses

So if a man is taken by God to Heaven and saw angels and he paints angels you can not accuse him of spiritism because it is not spiritism.

Or if you see this angel in this movie baecause God made a miracle for you to see it and you paint it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XX0u4mnUg
It does not mean you do spiritism. It means God did a miracle and you painted what you saw.

Spiritism and magic means invoking devils to do your stuff.
Miracle means help from God to do your stuff even if this means seeing angels and saints dead 200 years ago and painting them. Since the source is God it is good.

2 totally different things because the source is different.

Same exact stuff. If invoke devils equals magic. If invoke God and prayer means miracle.

Like getting 1000 dollars.
Getting it through invoking devils means magic.
Getting it through prayer and invoking God means miracle.

So once you a see a result you can not tell the way it was obtained because of result.

Also magic can not help with Heaven since devils can not go to heaven by themself. They also can not give immortality and many things that only God can give.

Interracting with devils is strictly forbidden.
But why would you need to interact with them when God is infinite powerfull and they are powerless in many directions including heaven and immortality like what is essential devils can not give. Beside this devils are highly dangerous.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 02:14:55 PM by pasadi97 »

Offline pasadi97

• OC.net guru
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2018, 02:16:28 PM »
Since I think Father Arsenie Boca went to heaven in this life this can not be accomplished neither with magic neither with spiritism so he was clean.

From the text I translated above you clearly see the source of his power. Prayer to Jesus and prayer to Holy Mother of God. That is from God. So everything is great.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 02:21:39 PM by pasadi97 »

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 04:59:36 PM »
Since I think Father Arsenie Boca went to heaven in this life this can not be accomplished neither with magic neither with spiritism so he was clean.

From the text I translated above you clearly see the source of his power. Prayer to Jesus and prayer to Holy Mother of God. That is from God. So everything is great.

Indeed so.  I was not accusing Fr. Boca of spiritism; rather, I was mentioning that the only heretical group in Romania that some people might confuse with the Orthodox own a church which looks like an Orthodox church, superficially, but which has -weird- icons, like line drawings in an Art Nouveau or Postmodern style.  It is creepy looking.  I believe the group that owns it was founded by some insane woman, and they try to pretend to be members of the Church, but the Church regards them as heretical.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »

Why would you confess your ancestors' sins?
- Berdyaev

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Censer-following zapivka-dipper
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
this Fr Arsenie Boca seems a weird man and I even bet if you went really far into his works he would be exposed as a heretic!

lord have mercy on the soul of Fr Arsenie Boca!

Lol
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 08:48:49 PM »
He was born 10 km Away from  my maternal grandfather’s village . Same township.

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2018, 03:30:26 PM »

Can’t you Romanians possibly call your local government jurisdictions something more exciting than “township”?  Anyone would think we had been transported into the banal rural regions of New England.  Township is the most pedestrian name for a locality; it does not, unlike County, hint at the possible existence of a Count or Earl.  And likewise it lacks the panache of the Governorates one finds in the Levant, which conjure up the image of some fearful Bey or Satrap.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2018, 06:01:41 PM »

Can’t you Romanians possibly call your local government jurisdictions something more exciting than “township”?  Anyone would think we had been transported into the banal rural regions of New England.  Township is the most pedestrian name for a locality; it does not, unlike County, hint at the possible existence of a Count or Earl.  And likewise it lacks the panache of the Governorates one finds in the Levant, which conjure up the image of some fearful Bey or Satrap.
Technically it’s a “commune” ( comună). I hope this evokes happy images of communism for you.
https://ro.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comuna_Vața_de_Jos,_Hunedoara
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 06:11:56 PM by augustin717 »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »

Possibly the strangest post you've made on this forum...

Offline Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2018, 08:08:25 PM »

Technically it’s a “commune” ( comună). I hope this evokes happy images of communism for you.
https://ro.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comuna_Vața_de_Jos,_Hunedoara

ROFL!  Yes, I feel myself on the balcony of Lenin’s Tomb overlooking Red Square* now, on Victory Day, watching the passing of IBMs to the tune of the March of the Strategic Rocket Forces of the USSR as performed by the vast Combined Military Orchestra.**

*Amusingly enough this features an escalator, installed in the Brezhnev era, which allowed Leonid and his aged successors to salute the assembled forces while simultaneously ascending.

** Actually “the March of the Peacefighters”, I forget who composed it, or the recycled Czarist march “Hero” were more commonly used here, as the great Tchernetsky had reposed, and the best Soviet composer at the time the ICBM was added to the parade, Malgin, worked in the more obscure role of Commander of the St. Petersburg Admiralty Navy Band, which was prestigious, but not prestigious enough.  Neither he nor his successor Barsergian had their work receive the level of widespread use and critical acclaim as, for example, Symeon Tchernetsky, or the chaps who wrote the epic 1975 march Den Pobedy.

Meanwhile, I am deeply frustrated that we have apparently maligned a pious priest, Fr. Boca, while letting the heretics whose church I referred to earlier escape unidentified.   Fr. Boca sounds like the sort of chap we need more of, according to the account presented by Pasadi97; if what Pasadi wrote is accurate, I would propose Fr. Boca is on course for potential Glorification in the Romanian church.  I for one would be quite happy to venerate the relics of such a pious cleric.

Also, Asteriktos, in answer to your reply, I daresay you haven’t read enough of my posts!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:09:25 PM by Alpha60 »

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Censer-following zapivka-dipper
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 08:17:05 PM »
Your posts are getting more and more....I'm not sure of the most correct word, but you have plenty.  Give it a shot!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:17:23 PM by hecma925 »
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2018, 09:18:32 PM »
Also, Asteriktos, in answer to your reply, I daresay you haven’t read enough of my posts!

It's just that the topic/object of your post was, to use your word, quite banal. I see people go crazy over minor religious topics all the time, as if theology is a game of Jenga and pulling out even a seemingly minor piece can bring the whole thing down; so when I see that kind of thing on this board I don't pay it much mind. But what you were writing about? Just... why? :P

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2018, 11:53:28 PM »

It's just that the topic/object of your post was, to use your word, quite banal. I see people go crazy over minor religious topics all the time, as if theology is a game of Jenga and pulling out even a seemingly minor piece can bring the whole thing down; so when I see that kind of thing on this board I don't pay it much mind. But what you were writing about? Just... why? :P

A shame the Post of the Month feature has gone .....
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2018, 10:26:41 AM »
hubris= an american telling other countries to 'improve' the names of their civil jurisdictions....

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Brilko

• Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 06:06:45 PM »
A Romanian Baptist has filed an EU trademark on Fr. Arsenie’s name and likeness. He’s been calling the police on shops which are selling “unauthorized” merchandise.
http://orthochristian.com/114383.html

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 07:03:50 PM »
The Romanian press never mentioned Daniel Gheorghe was a Baptist . The only allegation comes from the neofascist party “Noua Dreapta”. Before it’s confirmed by other sources I’d rather think it’s a calumny.
Also his name isn’t tipically Hungarian. On the contrary it sounds very Romanian.

Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
  • Saint Peter of Moscow, Pray for Us!
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: None, unfortunately. Hopefully soon.
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
A Romanian Baptist has filed an EU trademark on Fr. Arsenie’s name and likeness. He’s been calling the police on shops which are selling “unauthorized” merchandise.
http://orthochristian.com/114383.html

How to go to Hell 101.

Step 1: Stop people from venerating Saints and get money for it.
Step 2: End up dying unrepentant.
Step 3: Party it up with Lucifer!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:07:13 PM by LivenotoneviL »
"Вознеслся еси во славе, Христе Боже наш, радость сотворивый учеником, обетованием Свтаго Духа, извещенным им бывшим благословением, яко Ты еси Сын Божий, Избавитель мира."

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church. And may God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2018, 07:10:38 PM »

Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2018, 07:18:52 PM »
Well, two things.

1. Why should a Baptist, who doesn't have any relationship to the Saint, be able to copyright and make money off of an image of a historical figure that he has never met? Why does he have the legal right? It's not like he's the one who took the picture, and you can't copyright something so broad as any picture of a human being. That's ridiculous and quite frankly an abuse of copyright law.

2. The Disney company has also shut down nursing homes that were using their trademarks illicitly. Just because it was legal doesn't mean it's moral. It was legal to turn Jews to the SS, doesn't make it moral.

You should watch the show "Better Call Saul," which involves a contrast between two immoral characters - one who has a sense of justice but doesn't follow the law, while the other follows the law and has no sense of justice.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:24:50 PM by LivenotoneviL »
"Вознеслся еси во славе, Христе Боже наш, радость сотворивый учеником, обетованием Свтаго Духа, извещенным им бывшим благословением, яко Ты еси Сын Божий, Избавитель мира."

May God one day unite me with the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church. And may God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Offline LivenotoneviL

• A Hopeful Sinner
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2018, 07:21:10 PM »
A few years ago, the Fine Bros. tried to copyright the word "React" and copyright the video format of "reaction videos," where somebody takes - through fair use - copyrighted content and reacts to it, even though they obviously weren't the creators of such a format, and it created such a negative reaction they rolled back on it.

Why? It was an abuse of copyright law and an abuse of morality.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:21:26 PM by LivenotoneviL »

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
It’s a ridiculous turn for sure and he shouldn’t own any copyright on Boca’s image.
However, as I said , this whole cult is a deliberate marketing scheme.
Also since the neo fascist party “The New Right”  alone  made the allegation that DG is a Baptist and Hungarian to boot,  and demanded an official apology from the Baptists in Arad for this kerfuffle in sort of a threatening way, I’m not convinced this is true. It’s rather their tactic of turning any adversary into a foreigner.