Author Topic: Cardinal Zen: Pope Francis would ‘betray Christ’ by allowing Communist China to  (Read 839 times)

Offline Balthasar

• Elder

The highest ranking Chinese Catholic has stated that if Pope Francis allows Communist China to have a hand in the selection of the nation's Catholic bishops it would be “betraying Jesus Christ.”

“You cannot go into negotiations with the mentality ‘we want to sign an agreement at any cost,’ then you are surrendering yourself, you are betraying yourself, you are betraying Jesus Christ,” Cardinal Joseph Zen told The Guardian this week.

The 84-year-old former bishop of Hong Kong has firmly opposed a potential deal between the Vatican and the Chinese government that would add legitimacy to the state-run Chinese Catholic Patriotic Association. He says the move would alienate authentic Catholics who worship in the ‘underground Church’ from the one true Church headed by Christ and his representative, the Pope.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-francis-would-betray-christ-in-allowing-communist-china-to-select-bish

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston

The highest ranking Chinese Catholic has stated that if Pope Francis allows Communist China to have a hand in the selection of the nation's Catholic bishops it would be “betraying Jesus Christ.”

“You cannot go into negotiations with the mentality ‘we want to sign an agreement at any cost,’ then you are surrendering yourself, you are betraying yourself, you are betraying Jesus Christ,” Cardinal Joseph Zen told The Guardian this week.

The 84-year-old former bishop of Hong Kong has firmly opposed a potential deal between the Vatican and the Chinese government that would add legitimacy to the state-run Chinese Catholic Patriotic Association. He says the move would alienate authentic Catholics who worship in the ‘underground Church’ from the one true Church headed by Christ and his representative, the Pope.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-francis-would-betray-christ-in-allowing-communist-china-to-select-bish
I would agree. Also a big sticky wicket for me and the EP.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
History is filled with examples of government rulers Christian or non-Christian, involved in the choice of bishop and patriarch.  It may not be ideal, but it's something every local church deals with, Chalcedonian, non-Chalcedonian, or Catholic.  You just pray that Christ enlightens the ruler to choose or allow what the Church chooses.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
Re: Cardinal Zen:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 12:52:06 PM »

I would agree. Also a big sticky wicket for me and the EP.

PP

What's this have to do with the EP?
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
Re: Cardinal Zen
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »
For what it's worth, my uncle who has intimate familiarity with the Catholic Church in China (he visits from time to time as part of some official regional bishops' coordinating committee) says things have greatly improved there and he's pretty optimistic.
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
For what it's worth, my uncle who has intimate familiarity with the Catholic Church in China (he visits from time to time as part of some official regional bishops' coordinating committee) says things have greatly improved there and he's pretty optimistic.

some people  just like being in the center of attention and that guerilla stylish. Improvement is not an option because of it their stance is no longer needed.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.