OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 09:42:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baptismal Supplies?  (Read 1032 times) Average Rating: 0
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« on: September 04, 2005, 06:49:21 PM »

Hey everyone,
In a few weeks, I should be undergoing the final plunge (three times) and finally being baptized in the Orthodox Church.  However, I am unsure as to where I can find Orthodox Baptismal items: a white robe with a cross and a baptismal cross (is this supposed to hang over oneself or just be there?).  Therefore, does anyone know a place online or in New York (SVTS perhaps?) where these could be purchased.  Cheap would be nice too, as I'm on a student's budget.  Thank you

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
irene

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 11:16:17 AM »

I'm not sure of the answer as I am being Chrismated only, but someone is sure to respond and give you a full answer.

I am curious if you are being baptized on the Feast Day of your Saint, or is it another day you and your priest decided upon?   Just interested! ;o)

Congratulations to you!!!!

Peace and prayers,
Irene 
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »

Irene,
I'm being baptized on neither my feat day (as mine's in Decemeber, and if I was wise I'd change to get a saint that doesn't have a feast in a fast Wink ).  Rathey, it was the only day available for us to do so.  We were hoping to do Pentecost, but I was out of town for a while then. 
Thank you though! Smiley

Danie

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »

Your church should supply these things. Speak with the priest; I would be very surprised if they do not have them for you.

Qui cantat, bis orat
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 11:44:43 PM »

Congratulations! Check with your priest first.  If you still need a robe and cross, send email to sarah@creativecopy.us

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 01:40:17 PM »

Thank you all for your assistance.  I have located a robe and if anyone else runs into such trouble down the road, I'd highly suggest (If I'm breaking a rule then please edit) Holy Trinity Convent in Massachussets.  They make them at reasonable prices and were a pleasure to work with and one can contact them at 617.566.1786.

Thanks again!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: